Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 01:41 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
pcamps admitted he never actually believed the things you believe, so don't be surprised when he doesn't know what you are talking about.
Why would you even be saying this?, i know you know that he can make his or her own mind up, your motive is not of the right spirit.

You need to stop your silly games of misrepresenting what others have said, especially when they have explained to you on more than one occasion what was meant. I still retain you do not believe in the extreme horror of hell as much as you won't us to believe that you do, for the very reasons i have pointed out. I would go as far to say, that the only 2 reasons you will not come out and say it is, you'd have to admit you have been wrong all along about it(very humbling, but no disgrace or condemnation for being wrong) and secondly, the very foundation of your faith will be shaken because of it, and the after shock causing huge implications in your world.

There's been many things shown you, that prove you wrong without a shadow of doubt on what you believe, the latest being your misunderstanding of the first being the last and Hebrews 9:27, but still refuse to acknowledge.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-30-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 02:00 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,039,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one is in hell today, so how could they be sinning there?
That was not my question. My question is do you believe that sinners that go to hell will be sinning?

Old 12-30-2013, 02:04 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,727,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
While study alone will bring great knowledge being taught in association with like believers is necessary as well. The key is the right association.

Like a bank teller you don't study every variation of counterfeit bill possible, you study the real thing, in this case the Bible. Then you can compare what a church tells you to what is plainly seen. This does not mean some teachings may not be hard to grasp at first; as even Jesus' disciples didn't always get it and he was the greatest teacher that ever lived. But essentials should be pretty easy to spot. Be careful about being swayed by what is "popular" as that is rarely a good reason for acceptance.
I don't have a dog in the fight about whether the passage in the thread is a damnation passage or not.
However, stating that one can study the Bible and compare what a church tell you to what is plainly seen is indeed a fallacy. There are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of interpretations of scriptures--by individuals like me, and by denominations. I doubt your own interpretation is really your very own. You have been influenced by churches and other individuals alike.

In the instant you have an opportunity to DO something right and good or evil and wrong, then you are faced with the dilemma Jesus constantly pointed out to His followers. You either do it, or ignore it, or you act upon it and determine whether or not you are a better person because of your action or inaction.

To paraphrase Jesus, "You without sin cast the first stone."
or
"Which of these that saw the injured man on the side of the road was really his neighbor?"

Our real faith is only displayed by what we do, almost never by what we say. Our faith lives in the existential, not in the past--and not in the future either. It's always in the NOW.

The problem for many Christians who complain that others "cherry-pick" scripture means, in the absence of cherry-picking we must otherwise accept a God who is both loving and terrible, merciful but cruel, gracious but unforgiving. All of these traits are attributable to the God displayed in our Bible!!! Morality is confused with power. Things we would never deem acceptable sans a Bible written by people two thousand years ago or more, are thereby justified as acceptable in terms of our morality. And, if not acceptable now, we make excuses for those poor souls who interpreted improperly in the past by burning witches or bashing in babies' heads.

It is not a virtue of religious dogma that it does not change, it is the most profound failing. Our faith must grow and become better, not be stuck in ancient tradition or understanding. Moral systems that cannot develop in response to our understanding do not edify, they ossify.

We've even learned that of our most cherished American document, the Constitution of the United States. And look how many cry out for a return to those good old days (of slavery, of open gun-toting in every town and city, of women without a vote, of erecting specific edifices of worship on government property).

A document with a moral basis must grow with understanding of the people who live by it.

I recommend reading When Jesus Came to Harvard, Making Moral Choices Today by Harvey Cox

Last edited by Wardendresden; 12-30-2013 at 02:14 PM..

Old 12-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Zur

949 posts, read 832,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But Zur, at the end of the Millennium, God unlooses Satan and uses him to gather the nations to come against the holy citadel, . I don't see a choice in that.

If God didn't want that to happen, if He wanted to give everyone a free-will choice, why doesn't He just keep Satan locked up? (see Revelation 20:7-9).
You want to to drive me into the corner, I know your tactic. I asked already the same questions and got no answer. Why God planted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and why He allowed Adam to sin? Why all the trouble we have here on earth? You have no answers in your notebooks?
In the Millennium God gives proof that in spite of the reign and goodness of God men`s heart is evil and chooses darkness over light. It is their own choice, they willingly rebell against the Lord. You must understand it is not easy for a human being to submit to a higher authority. We are born rebells with the DNA, nature of a fallen Adam. Therefore we need a change into a better DNA, the natur of Christ.
I see that you work on this forum as an army, well equipped, even the JW could learn from you. my respect for Finn, that preached the truth

Old 12-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Zur

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Ok if you believe that all sin will be eradicated, then do you believe sinners will be opposed to God when they are suffering eternal torment?
In hell they curse God yes, but they have no strength to rebel against God. What happens, when they are thrown into the lake of fire, I do not know, they have an immortal body. To be honest, we do not know much about the afterlife and the new earth, it is a spiritual world, different than ours.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,508,871 times
Quote:
That was not my question. My question is do you believe that sinners that go to hell will be sinning?
The sinner that goes to hell are there because they have refused to believe in the truth ... once in hell they are damned by God for their wickedness.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Zur

Quote:
trettep, don`t you know to sin you need a body. Even a lying demon needs a lying tongue or pen.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
In hell they curse God yes, but they have no strength to rebel against God. What happens, when they are thrown into the lake of fire, I do not know, they have an immortal body. To be honest, we do not know much about the afterlife and the new earth, it is a spiritual world, different than ours.
If they curse God in Hell, then wouldn't you consider that a sin? I would think that cursing God = sin. I think many people would believe that cursing God is a form of rebellion.

If they curse God in Hell, then sin really isn't gone. It is just relocated, correct?

Old 12-30-2013, 02:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why would you even be saying this?
That's what you said. I don't care how you try to spin it afterwards.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The sinner that goes to hell are there because they have refused to believe in the truth ... once in hell they are damned by God for their wickedness.
But my question is are they still performing any sin in Hell? In other words if someone is Hell do they praise God or curse Him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity