Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 04:51 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
See 2 Corinthians 11:3-4.

We learn from God's trusted Word that others will come preaching another Jesus, a different spirit, and another gospel.
See 1 Corinthians 15:1 for the true Jesus, spirit, and gospel.
This is the only true Jesus who is the way, truth and life.
See Galatians 1:6-9 and heed the warning for preaching of another Jesus or gospel.
It is NOT possible to follow Christ's instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't . . . and NOT be following the true Jesus, the true Spirit and the true Gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 04:53 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop evading and dodging, Vizio. Those were questions and you seem to want to dodge answering them.
Nobody is dodging anything. You seem to think that by simply following what you perceive to be Jesus' teachings, you are a Christian.

I think saved33 summed it up quite nicely why the identity of Jesus is important:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post

See 2 Corinthians 11:3-4.

We learn from God's trusted Word that others will come preaching another Jesus, a different spirit, and another gospel.

See 1 Corinthians 15:1 for the true Jesus, spirit, and gospel.
This is the only true Jesus who is the way, truth and life.

See Galatians 1:6-9 and heed the warning for preaching of another Jesus or gospel.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:54 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
Quote:
It is NOT possible to follow Christ's instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't . . . and NOT be following the true Jesus, the true Spirit and the true Gospel.
Can you actually point out to me where Jesus said to "love God and each other daily and repent when you don't"?

Old 01-02-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Nobody is dodging anything. You seem to think that by simply following what you perceive to be Jesus' teachings, you are a Christian.
I think saved33 summed it up quite nicely why the identity of Jesus is important:
I didn't asl saved33. I asked you, Vizio. Here perhaps if I list them separately you will give me your pastor-level answers to them:

Why is that important to a Christian who follows Christ and His instructions to His disciples?_____________________

What conceivable difference would it make in their dedication to Christ and their discipleship? ___________________

Why would they have to have a correct understanding of who Jesus is? _____________________________________

How would that affect their Christianity and dedication to Him?_____________________________________________

How would YOU answer them to your flock, Vizio?

Last edited by MysticPhD; 01-02-2014 at 05:55 PM..

Old 01-02-2014, 05:49 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,527,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
Who do you classify as a Christian?
Some Christian sects will claim that other Christian sects are not "Christians."

What are the minimum requirements you feel are needed for one to be considered a Christian?

What are your opinions of sects outside of your own?

I define a Christian as a person who feels Jesus Christ was an important person of divine origin, who also strives to follow Christs teachings. Every thing else to me is just tradition and sect based doctrines.

Edit: Please be respectful to each other. May peace and love be with you all, Always.
I didn't read each post, so if I repeat what has been stated forgive me.

I don't think it is possible to say all Presbyterians or all Baptists are Christians, not because the respective denomination teaches incorrectly, but that those filling the pews may not be truly saved. Their are some denominations or churches that have developed doctrines or practices outside the biblical example, IMO. I don't know if they are strange fire to God or not.

I find it best to look at each claiming to be Christian on an individual level. Even that is dicey, for only one knows for sure and I'm not Him.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:24 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorALly View Post
I find it best to look at each claiming to be Christian on an individual level. Even that is dicey, for only one knows for sure and I'm not Him.
True. As far as I'm concerned, if you're not going to have the final say, you might as well leave it up to God. He's the only one whose opinion really matters.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:04 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,531,247 times
Quote:
This is different from your own approach in what way??

Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
This is different from your own approach in what way??
What he said!!! I fully expect another dodge. You are not fooling anyone by these tactics, Vizio. Are they representative of how you fail to answer questions from your flock?
Quote:
Can you actually point out to me where Jesus said to "love God and each other daily and repent when you don't"?
You don't get to ask questions until you have answered some. Here I will repost them for you:
Quote:
I didn't ask saved33. I asked you, Vizio. Here perhaps if I list them separately you will give me your pastor-level answers to them:

Why is that important to a Christian who follows Christ and His instructions to His disciples?_____________________

What conceivable difference would it make in their dedication to Christ and their discipleship? ___________________

Why would they have to have a correct understanding of who Jesus is? _____________________________________

How would that affect their Christianity and dedication to Him?_____________________________________________

How would YOU answer them to your flock, Vizio?

Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorALly View Post
I didn't read each post, so if I repeat what has been stated forgive me.

I don't think it is possible to say all Presbyterians or all Baptists are Christians, not because the respective denomination teaches incorrectly, but that those filling the pews may not be truly saved. Their are some denominations or churches that have developed doctrines or practices outside the biblical example, IMO. I don't know if they are strange fire to God or not.

I wouldn't say that being Christian is equivalent to bring saved though. The former is a "brain" thing while the latter is a "heart" thing.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:24 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
A Christian is one who has done this:

Romans 10:9

If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity