Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:00 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is How You Dress For Church Important?

Some people have enjoyed the luxury of wearing their pajamas.

Amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 10:36 AM

134 posts, read 239,383 times
I never wear the "Sunday Best" style to Mass. I always wear khaki's and a polo shirt. I get more upset at women "showing their stuff" at church than someone dressing casual.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:00 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The same people that claim God does not care how crappy a person dresses in church are the same ones that say God will send you to hell if you don't punch the salvation ticket in the right spot.

The same people that claim God does not care how crappy a person dresses in church are the same ones that say God is very jealous of the Virgin Mary.

What gives?
That's because salvation is something Jesus actually talked about.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That's because salvation is something Jesus actually talked about.
There you go, Julian. The Catholics don't do anything right.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-30-2014 at 05:45 PM..

Old 01-30-2014, 06:40 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
In the places I've attended fellowship, there has been people showing up in Jeans and sneakers.. I wear blue jeans at the place I attend currently as well as many others. I enjoy how one dresses doesn't become a major issue, but the concept of being modest in dress is taught and adhered to.. So people dress appropriately.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:42 PM

439 posts, read 426,757 times
This issue can be disputed till we're all blue in the face.

I don't think this is an issue where you should turn to the Bible and say, "Well, look, they didn't get dressed up in fine linens to go hear Jesus teach, so why should we?"

Well, they walked miles or maybe rode a donkey or horse to get there. Does that mean we should walk to church or hop on our donkeys? No.

1. There's a difference between unclean, unkempt, not giving a care vs. someone who doesn't have much but what they have they wear it proudly

2. There's a difference between modesty, moderation, clean cut vs. someone who is showy, glorified, immodest and self righteous

*** REMEMBER . . .

Only the High Priest was allowed to enter the holy of holies in the OT. He would dress in a holy garments. Do you think that garment was unclean or unkempt? No. He was standing on holy ground and in the presence of the Almighty.

Let that be a reminder to you the next time you get dressed for church. You will be stepping into a holy place, standing on holy ground, surrounded by the presence of your creator.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:49 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
I like "full armor" myself...

Old 01-31-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There you go, Julian. The Catholics don't do anything right.
Why do you like to misquote me so much? Is this just a mental tick that you can't POSSIBLY respond to a post of mine without attributing to me something I didn't say? I've NEVER suggested catholicism is all bad.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:29 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why do you like to misquote me so much?
Helpful hint of the day: if you have problems with someone's post there's this thing called "Ignore". I use it myself. Quite handy. Saves a lot of time and aggravation. BTW: I didn't misquote you.

(It is, however, VERY interesting that you'll respond to something like that but not to the MANY questions you are asked. One can only surmise why. Hmmmm..... If you feel you are misunderstood...... start answering questions people ask you. Easy peasy. )

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-31-2014 at 08:45 AM..

Old 01-31-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Helpful hint of the day: if you have problems with someone's post there's this thing called "Ignore". I use it myself. Quite handy.
Stop the nonsensical posts about what I believe and don't believe and I won't need to.
Quote:
(It is, however, VERY interesting that you'll respond to something like that but not the MANY questions you are asked. One can only surmise why. Hmmmm.....)
One should realize that one can only respond to the ones that one sees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity