Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 04:01 PM

63,883 posts, read 40,157,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
They all go to the same place, Christian and non, sexually active or celibate.
True. What they reap there depends entirely on what they sowed.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,942,488 times
Why is there so much concern over what total strangers are doing? If they are going to hell, they are going to hell. Nothing can be done about it. Sucks I know, but its not like they don't know the deal.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:05 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I know some may see this and say No True Christian will be sexually immoral, but I ask this mainly on the fact there is so many sexually immoral Christians out there.
Lets be real alot of people in the church are getting it on just as much as non believers.
Just about every Christian I know is having sex outside of marriage and some dont care and tell me they are saved, so they are going to heaven anyways.
Most virgins seem to cave in by the age of 25.
Well, I believe they are forgiven....why do I say this? 1. Because I am human and I am able to forgive enormously hurtful personal things with the help of the Holy Spirit.
2. Because of the 70 NDEs I have read of very big, hurtful actions that were forgiven and understood
with such compassion.

So, God, Who is Love Itself...is not that small.

So what...a person has a sexual obsession and can't keep a vow to marriage...only God
knows his or her heart.
How is that different from Jesus forgiving Peter for denying him...or forgiving
Saul instantly on the road to Damascus.

God is love, the Creator of forgiveness, THE example of compassion.

What others do is none of my business anyway. I was given 2 jobs...love people and God.
It's that simple...leave the rest to the Father.
Take care.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:37 PM

63,883 posts, read 40,157,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, I believe they are forgiven....why do I say this? 1. Because I am human and I am able to forgive enormously hurtful personal things with the help of the Holy Spirit.
2. Because of the 70 NDEs I have read of very big, hurtful actions that were forgiven and understood
with such compassion.

So, God, Who is Love Itself...is not that small.

So what...a person has a sexual obsession and can't keep a vow to marriage...only God
knows his or her heart.
How is that different from Jesus forgiving Peter for denying him...or forgiving
Saul instantly on the road to Damascus.

God is love, the Creator of forgiveness, THE example of compassion.

What others do is none of my business anyway. I was given 2 jobs...love people and God.
It's that simple...leave the rest to the Father.

Take care.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:22 PM

283 posts, read 370,388 times
Will habitually sexually immoral Christians go to heaven?

Good God I hope so.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwocmo View Post
Will habitually sexually immoral Christians go to heaven?

Good God I hope so.
I laughed harder at this than to Jimmy Kimmel at the Oscars...and he was FUNNY!

Old 02-26-2017, 11:41 PM

283 posts, read 370,388 times
Why, thank you, Miss Hepburn; I'm glad that I was able to lighten your evening. By the way, are you an Audrey or a Katharine?

Old 02-27-2017, 05:56 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,950,160 times
Will habitually sexually immoral Christians go to heaven? No wilful sinner will be in Heaven.

1 Corinthians 6
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:41 AM

1,100 posts, read 797,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
If they repent, yes they go to heaven.

But why do you ask specifically about sexual immorality? In Matthew 5:22

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

So why not ask if anyone who habitually gets angry will go to Heaven? Or anyone who habitually calls others fools?
This is why having the correct Bible is essential to following Jesus Christ. Always compare the KJV with whatever Bible version you are reading, but go with what the KJV has; here is why.

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Paul clears it up even more.

Ephesians 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.26Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:27 Neither give place to the devil.

It is okay to be angry, but call on Jesus when that anger is being used by the devil to tempt you to hate and to have wrath towards an offending sinner since he or she obviously does not know what they do.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:02 AM

1,100 posts, read 797,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I know some may see this and say No True Christian will be sexually immoral, but I ask this mainly on the fact there is so many sexually immoral Christians out there. Lets be real alot of people in the church are getting it on just as much as non believers. Just about every Christan I know is having sex outside of marriage and some dont care and tell me they are saved, so they are going to heaven anyways. Most virgins seem to cave in by the age of 25.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

I know there is always the OSAS debates vs Works dont save you debates as well, but do you truly think a born again Christian that has accepted Jesus as their savior, but they continue to have sex outside of marriage despite what the bible says will happen to those that habitually practice this making it lifestyle, will go to heaven?
Please note that the unbelieving in Revelation 21:8 dignifies whom will be judged by their deeds at the great white throne judgment when all the dead are judged & death & hell are cast into the lake of fire.

Unrepentant believers will be left behind at the pre tribulational rapture event; that is when God will excommunicate the saved believers not abiding in Him by looking to Jesus Christ, the author & finisher of our faith, to help them lay aside every weight & sin. They shall be left behind to give them unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that their spirits shall be saved in the day of Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

So they will miss out on the Marriage Supper to face the coming fire on the earth; but they that are Christ's at His coming shall be resurrected after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House for not trusting Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd to help them in departing from iniquity.

So OSAS is true but if saved believers are not living that reconciled relationship with God by faith in Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd, which is the whole point of this reconciliation and not just about salvation, they will find themselves as the prodigal son in having given up that first inheritance for something vain & fleeting that he can never be that vessel unto honor in His House ever again once the door to the Marriage Supper is shut, but he is still saved as a son whom will serve as a vessel unto dishonor in His House as a testimony of the power of God in salvation for even those who believe in His name.

But.... there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth over the loss of that eternal inheritance as God will perform a miracle to get past that loss by wiping the tears away from their eyes in serving the King of kings all over the world as priests and kings in ushering the generations coming in the milleniel reign of Christ. That means they will have a glorified terrestriel body that can still die, but the power of the second death will not be over them, meaning they are in no danger of being cast into the lake of fire.

It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God; being left behind is being excommunicated for not trusting Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd in getting ready to go before the Bridegroom comes.

But the prodigal son, even though he has given up that inheritance, will find he is still son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity