Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:45 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,134,447 times

Advertisements

I know some may see this and say No True Christian will be sexually immoral, but I ask this mainly on the fact there is so many sexually immoral Christians out there. Lets be real alot of people in the church are getting it on just as much as non believers. Just about every Christan I know is having sex outside of marriage and some dont care and tell me they are saved, so they are going to heaven anyways. Most virgins seem to cave in by the age of 25.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

I know there is always the OSAS debates vs Works dont save you debates as well, but do you truly think a born again Christian that has accepted Jesus as their savior, but they continue to have sex outside of marriage despite what the bible says will happen to those that habitually practice this making it lifestyle, will go to heaven?

Old 05-23-2014, 09:59 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,927,464 times
If they repent, yes they go to heaven.

But why do you ask specifically about sexual immorality? In Matthew 5:22

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

So why not ask if anyone who habitually gets angry will go to Heaven? Or anyone who habitually calls others fools?

Old 05-23-2014, 10:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,936 times
NO ONE is "saved' while they are alive. When you die, GOD decides whether you are worthy of going to Heaven or not. When human beings make the announcement that they are "saved" and that they are going to Heaven, they put themselves above God, and that is blasphemy
Whoever follows this Satanic doctrine, is committing blasphemy.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:26 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I know some may see this and say No True Christian will be sexually immoral, but I ask this mainly on the fact there is so many sexually immoral Christians out there. Lets be real alot of people in the church are getting it on just as much as non believers. Just about every Christan I know is having sex outside of marriage and some dont care and tell me they are saved, so they are going to heaven anyways. Most virgins seem to cave in by the age of 25.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

I know there is always the OSAS debates vs Works dont save you debates as well, but do you truly think a born again Christian that has accepted Jesus as their savior, but they continue to have sex outside of marriage despite what the bible says will happen to those that habitually practice this making it lifestyle, will go to heaven?
habitually Sexually Immoral Christians

No

Old 05-23-2014, 10:30 AM

45,540 posts, read 27,157,256 times
If they posses the Holy Spirit through faith, but continually act out in a sexually immoral manner - the union (thru the Holy Spirit) with Christ and His sinlessness will get them into the kingdom of heaven. They may be a little crispy - but they will be there.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:40 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:

Yes. All believers will go to heaven regardless of any sins they commit. All sins that any believer will ever commit were already paid for by Christ on the cross and the believer cannot lose his salvation no matter how many sins he commits.

As for inheriting the kingdom, being in the kingdom and inheriting the kingdom are two different things. Every believer will be in the Kingdom but not every believer will inherit the kingdom which refers to the believer's position, rank, rulership responsibilities, ownership, rewards and blessing in the kingdom.

As for the part of Revelation 21:8 about 'having their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone,' one view is that the verse as a whole simply refers to those who never received Christ as Savior. A different view is that it refers to believers but that 'their part' - the Greek word 'meros' refers to the believer's share or portion of rewards which will be burned up which is comparable to 1 Corinthians 3:15 - If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Jesus paid for any and every sin the believer will ever commit and therefore sin cannot keep the believer out of heaven. The only issue in salvation is whether or not you have simply trusted in the finished work of Christ on the Cross. Sin can bring discipline on the believer in time and can result in loss of eternal rewards, but it cannot result in loss of the believer's eternal life.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:48 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,134,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yes. All believers will go to heaven regardless of any sins they commit. All sins that any believer will ever commit were already paid for by Christ on the cross and the believer cannot lose his salvation no matter how many sins he commits.

As for inheriting the kingdom, being in the kingdom and inheriting the kingdom are two different things. Every believer will be in the Kingdom but not every believer will inherit the kingdom which refers to the believer's position, rank, rulership responsibilities, ownership, rewards and blessing in the kingdom.

As for the part of Revelation 21:8 about 'having their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone,' one view is that the verse as a whole simply refers to those who never received Christ as Savior. A different view is that it refers to believers but that 'their part' - the Greek word 'meros' refers to the believer's share or portion of rewards which will be burned up which is comparable to 1 Corinthians 3:15 - If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Jesus paid for any and every sin the believer will ever commit and therefore sin cannot keep the believer out of heaven. The only issue in salvation is whether or not you have simply trusted in the finished work of Christ on the Cross. Sin can bring discipline on the believer in time and can result in loss of eternal rewards, but it cannot result in loss of the believer's eternal life.
But what is the motivation to live a holy life if after you get saved, you will live as you please and your fate is the same as everyone else who struggles to live the way the bible says we are to live. It is not easy being sexually pure in this society and many believer have told me before their mate left them because they were waiting until marriage.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:03 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
NO ONE is "saved' while they are alive. When you die, GOD decides whether you are worthy of going to Heaven or not. When human beings make the announcement that they are "saved" and that they are going to Heaven, they put themselves above God, and that is blasphemy
Whoever follows this Satanic doctrine, is committing blasphemy.
Statements made without any attempt to back them up with Scripture are simply empty claims and personal opinion. Scripture in fact speaks of salvation in the present tense.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you are (present tense) saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;.

Ephesians 2:5 speaks of having been made alive.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5] even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive (aorist indicative) together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).
Aorist Tense
The aorist is said to be "simple occurrence" or "summary occurrence", without regard for the amount of time taken to accomplish the action. This tense is also often referred to as the 'punctiliar' tense. 'Punctiliar' in this sense means 'viewed as a single, collective whole,' a "one-point-in-time" action, although it may actually take place over a period of time. In the indicative mood the aorist tense denotes action that occurred in the past time, often translated like the English simple past tense. Greek Verbs (Shorter Definitions)
Every believer in Jesus Christ possesses eternal life right now and is eternally secure.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:05 AM

45,540 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
But what is the motivation to live a holy life if after you get saved, you will live as you please and your fate is the same as everyone else who struggles to live the way the bible says we are to live. It is not easy being sexually pure in this society and many believer have told me before their mate left them because they were waiting until marriage.
Motivation? Christ's instructs that we behave ourselves on earth. It is a testimony to others. We will still be judged for what we do while here. Gratitude for Him dying for us. Possible rewards/responsibilities in heaven.

In the end, you have to realize that you are the new man in Christ, and not the old man.

If your identity is based on your old self and your old fleshly desires, you will lose out on being Christ-like 95% of the time.

If your identity is based on your union with Christ, and you abide in Him - once you get used to it, you behavior for the most part will naturally reflect Christ. Just like it's natural for an apple tree to produce apples - abiding in Christ will produce Christ-like behavior. You will have to reinforce this mentally often at first.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:06 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,104 times
Actually, I have as yet to read anywhere within the scriptures where anyone at all go to Heaven. Christ's coming kingdom is to be established here on this Earth. No one can say who will and who will not be saved. That is far beyond any of our pay grades. Not one of us can say who is saved and who is lost. The Church must accept anyone. God is the one who calls whom he chooses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity