Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 11:12 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
But what is the motivation to live a holy life if after you get saved, you will live as you please and your fate is the same as everyone else who struggles to live the way the bible says we are to live. It is not easy being sexually pure in this society and many believer have told me before their mate left them because they were waiting until marriage.
The quality of the believer's spiritual life is a different issue which has no bearing on the fact that the believer has been saved forever by simply trusting in the finished work of Christ on the cross.

The motivation for the believer to live a holy life after having been saved is a desire to please God, but also the promise of eternal rewards. The apostle Paul stated ''but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.'' (1 Cor. 9:27). He was speaking in terms of not being disqualified from eternal rewards. He was not teaching that there was any possibility of losing eternal life.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:16 AM

28,663 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
NO ONE is "saved' while they are alive. When you die, GOD decides whether you are worthy of going to Heaven or not. When human beings make the announcement that they are "saved" and that they are going to Heaven, they put themselves above God, and that is blasphemy
Whoever follows this Satanic doctrine, is committing blasphemy.
There is a concept of "extemporal simultaneity" that necessitates that an omniscient, omnipresent God has already made the decision within His extemporal existence of who will be (from our temporal viewpoint) in Heaven.

Indeed, scripture tells us that the names were written in the Book of Life before creation.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 05-23-2014 at 11:27 AM..

Old 05-23-2014, 11:25 AM

28,663 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Quote:
I know some may see this and say No True Christian will be sexually immoral, but I ask this mainly on the fact there is so many sexually immoral Christians out there. Lets be real alot of people in the church are getting it on just as much as non believers. Just about every Christan I know is having sex outside of marriage and some dont care and tell me they are saved, so they are going to heaven anyways. Most virgins seem to cave in by the age of 25.
Is "just about every Christian I know" confined to Millennials in your case, or are you including people who have been married for decades as well? Including your pastor? All the elders of your church?

A person who is in Christ is a new creation spiritually, which includes a new desire to renew his mind, to bring all thoughts into captivity, and to put on the mind of Christ (those scriptures are available on request if you don't know them already).

A person in Christ will still be subjected to temptations of the flesh, but is not subject to them--there are no temptations that Christ does not provide a way to resist, avoid, or escape.

A person in Christ might fall short, but will then be convicted and his repentance will be real even if he falls short again. A person in Christ is intolerant of his sin the way a professional baseball player is intolerant of striking out. That doesn't mean he won't, but it means he hates it when he does, he's never complacent about doing it, and he strives to prevent it.

To be in Christ will necessarily make a person want to be like Christ. He may fail, but the desire will be there, and an intolerance of his shortfalls will also be there.

But a person who has justified his sin in his own mind and who tolerates his sin is simply is not in Christ and was never in Christ.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:29 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,855,535 times
Do you have something you wish to confess?

Old 05-23-2014, 11:40 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Actually, I have as yet to read anywhere within the scriptures where anyone at all go to Heaven. Christ's coming kingdom is to be established here on this Earth. No one can say who will and who will not be saved. That is far beyond any of our pay grades. Not one of us can say who is saved and who is lost. The Church must accept anyone. God is the one who calls whom he chooses.
Anyone who has received Christ as Savior is already saved. Everyone who has not received Christ as Savior is still under condemnation. That is plainly taught in Scripture.

As for the believer going to heaven, Ephesians 2:6 tells us that, positionally speaking, the believer is seated with Christ in the heavenlies. Jesus in His current session is seated at the right hand of the Father. When the believer dies his soul separates from his body and goes into the presence of the Lord in heaven. Paul stated that while at home in the body we are absent from the Lord, and to be absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord. He expressed a desire to be absent from the body and at home with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:6-8).

In Revelation 6:9-11 Tribulational martyrs are seen in heaven. And yes, the scene is in heaven. When Jesus returns to the earth at the end of the Tribulation all who are currently in heave will return with Him

Old 05-23-2014, 11:43 AM

1,030 posts, read 840,259 times
Quote:
I know some may see this and say No True Christian will be sexually immoral, but I ask this mainly on the fact there is so many sexually immoral Christians out there. Lets be real alot of people in the church are getting it on just as much as non believers. Just about every Christan I know is having sex outside of marriage and some dont care and tell me they are saved, so they are going to heaven anyways. Most virgins seem to cave in by the age of 25.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

I know there is always the OSAS debates vs Works dont save you debates as well, but do you truly think a born again Christian that has accepted Jesus as their savior, but they continue to have sex outside of marriage despite what the bible says will happen to those that habitually practice this making it lifestyle, will go to heaven?
Real Christians do not habitually sin. It is a very uncomfortable thing to do for a Christian. It sounds like you are hanging with the wrong people. And just because they go to a clubhouse with other people does not make them a Christian. Let's get real!

Old 05-23-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
But what is the motivation to live a holy life if after you get saved, you will live as you please and your fate is the same as everyone else who struggles to live the way the bible says we are to live. It is not easy being sexually pure in this society and many believer have told me before their mate left them because they were waiting until marriage.
For a Christian it is more pleasurable to live holy than to sin. Anyone who is enjoying sinning is not a Christian.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:46 AM

308 posts, read 260,867 times
Sexual immorality is forgivable.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:48 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant View Post
Ask Jesus.
Are you certain that you are a servant of Yeshua?...

Old 05-23-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
NO ONE is "saved' while they are alive. When you die, GOD decides whether you are worthy of going to Heaven or not. When human beings make the announcement that they are "saved" and that they are going to Heaven, they put themselves above God, and that is blasphemy
Whoever follows this Satanic doctrine, is committing blasphemy.
If you think it is based on your worthiness then you have no hope at all. You and I are not worthy to go to Heaven. It is through the worthiness of Jesus Christ that we ARE saved. At least those of us who have believed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity