Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:49 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Haggee does, indeed, have a ranch. But it's not his home. I believe it's for the church as they hold events there. He was recently using a bobcat to move some brush and seriously hurt his leg.

I used to go to that church but left.
Why did you leave,,just curious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 04:28 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
John Hagee has alot of nerve to cast judgement when he is as large as he is!!!
What does his size Sea, have to do with his spirituality?
I would not want anyone to say anything to insult or hurt me as a person for how I am; and i certainly wouldn't think to hurt someone else the same.
Sorry we differ here in our opinion.
God Bless You

Old 12-15-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
John Hagee preaches the Gospel with a very strong conviction, and that's what I like about him. As for the money aspects, remember that he, as well as all other TV evangelists have to answer to somebody when it comes to using their monetary resources effectively to let the Gospel reach those who desperately need divine guidance. Yes, we shouldn't rely solely on TV Evangelists for inspiration, but at least it's a start to help inspire many who are seeking.
I agree wholeheartedly;
Pastor Hagee; knows what time it is spiritually;
And what he's doing with his ranch is none of my beeswax;
Here's rep

Old 12-15-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior4Jesus View Post
I agree. There is a tendancy in Christian circles to clump together all the TV evangelists into one category: Bad. That is a huge mistake. They cannot all be bad. In fact, people who otherwise would not have heard the gospel are hearing it because of the Word of God being broadcast over the airwaves of television and radio. They need to be supported financially by someone, and if not Christians, then who?

Which ministries Christians support and/or do not support is between them and the Lord and their own discretion as God gives wisdom. Gospel for Asia is a broadcast that has reached untold millions in martyr territory. They and ministries like them should be supported in prayer and financially according to a Christian's means. How else will the message get out?

dave
Just a short ditto..
If what Hagee says line up with the word of God; then I'll listen; If he doesn't then i won't.....How much plain and simple can one get??
God Bless

Old 12-15-2007, 07:54 PM

13 posts, read 34,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Just a short ditto..
If what Hagee says line up with the word of God; then I'll listen; If he doesn't then i won't.....How much plain and simple can one get??
God Bless
I agree. But the context of my point was that Christians should not jump on the Bash Bandwagon until they check out the entire context of was said by a minister or a Christian. Christians are already under a microscope by the world. One phrase taken out of context and suddenly John Hagee is a heretic? Of course not. There is a verse in the Bible that says Jesus Christ gets his power from Beelzebub. Does that make it true? Of course not. Context, context, context.

dave

Old 12-15-2007, 07:59 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,708,313 times
Haggee is now retracting his comments in his book.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Haggee is now retracting his comments in his book.
That's interesting. Makes you wonder why. If he really stood by what he said then he would not retract the statements, but just "clarify" them and put them in context of what he was saying. Even Ann Coulter did not retract her statements, but defended them and clarified the context.

dt

Old 12-15-2007, 09:30 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,137 times
L.Ray smith wrote a letter to hagee refuting one of his sermons on hell..pretty interesting. I don`t think he ever got a response.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
L.Ray smith wrote a letter to hagee refuting one of his sermons on hell..pretty interesting. I don`t think he ever got a response.
I don't recall if I have ever heard a Hagee sermon on hell. What is his take? Why did Smith refute it?

dave

Old 12-16-2007, 09:03 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,708,313 times
I like Hagee, I just think he kind may have gone too far on this book. The fact that he is clarifying his point is great. Even the disciples in the NT made mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity