Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:32 AM

322 posts, read 737,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior4Jesus View Post
I'm new to the site, but not a new Christain. I have been googling to try to find out the "context" in which Brother Hagee made his controversial statements. I'm familiar with his ministry and find it hard to believe he is an apostate. It reminds me of the comments made by Ann Coulter, which were taken way out of context by people who seem to be ignorant of the Scriptures.

dave
Mr. Hagee is typical of many modern preachers who have misunderstood some scriptures. He (and they) teach a type of a second gospel for Israel. They, in essence, teach a kingdom of GOD with two departments--- the Church as one, Israel as the other. This is a false teaching.

On the other hand, there is a special time of ministry reserved for the Hebrews, which will be for a period of 3 1/2 years. Though they, like any sinners, can come to CHRIST at any time they are willing to repent and fully believe in JESUS.

The restoration of the nation of Israel is a significant event of the end times. However, there will not be a 1,000 year period of time on the current Earth after the return of the LORD. No where in the Bible is the so called millinial reign taught as it is commonly taught today. The part of Revelation referring to a 1,000 years is actually a revelation of two periods of time equalling 1,000 years each for a total of 2,000 years. This current 2,000 year period of time is almost expired now and the LORD will return at the end of the 2,000 years.

Though Mr. Hagee is ignorant about some scriptures, his helping Hebrews return to Israel is a possible benifit to those Hebrews, if they will repent and believe in JESUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 06:51 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
A search on youtube (
YouTube - John Hagee Jesus NOT Messiah(audio|video perfect)) reveals he has clearly gone the way of a heretic.
Quote:
He's been leaning this way for sometime now. He does not know the Bible with his openly endtime support for "Israel" He's just another one of these that thinks they can "hurry" Christ by doing things with "Israel."

I feel that this a good time to pray for this Pastor
This would be a good time to start;
God Bless

Old 06-15-2008, 01:21 PM

76 posts, read 187,445 times
I don't think I've ever heard John Hagee preach on repentance and holiness and forsaking sin.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:40 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
When you look at all of the people's lives that are being effected by John Haggee's ministry, I think that the christian response would be to pray that he recogizes his error and repents.... instead of jumping on the bandwagon to condemn him.

I've been crucified for stating similar things on this forum -- but it is true.

How many lives are effected? How does our response to all of this look to the unsaved? Do you think they (the unsaved) differentiate between John Hagee and the rest of christianity? or, do you think it's just more reason why the world wants nothing to do with any of christianity...????

So, if you really think about it, his ministry (and our response to it) effects not only his followers but many, many other people...

What should we be doing about it?

Old 06-15-2008, 04:52 PM

713 posts, read 1,957,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior4Jesus View Post
I'm new to the site, but not a new Christain. I have been googling to try to find out the "context" in which Brother Hagee made his controversial statements. I'm familiar with his ministry and find it hard to believe he is an apostate. It reminds me of the comments made by Ann Coulter, which were taken way out of context by people who seem to be ignorant of the Scriptures.

dave

I believe the comments had something to do with God punishing the Jews and attaining the land of Israel.

Now the way he worded may have been kind of harsh, but the Bible does state the Jews have been in constant rebellion towards God and the Bible shows that the Jews have been punished for their evils. But God also rewarded their good and kept the promise of that God gave to Abraham--the promised land of Israel.

The Jews are in control of Istael not by mistake today. They are in Israel to stir up war and set up the coming of the Messiah (who we believe is Jesus).

I believe the holocaust was an event by the devil in attempt to stop God's plan (Eliminate the Jews and God becomes a liar). However, as always God keeps His promises. Ironically, Jewish people are flocking to Israel, despite the Middle East turmoil.

1948 was the beginning of a new age and we will see major changes.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:26 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
I believe the comments had something to do with God punishing the Jews and attaining the land of Israel.

Now the way he worded may have been kind of harsh, but the Bible does state the Jews have been in constant rebellion towards God and the Bible shows that the Jews have been punished for their evils. But God also rewarded their good and kept the promise of that God gave to Abraham--the promised land of Israel.

The Jews are in control of Istael not by mistake today. They are in Israel to stir up war and set up the coming of the Messiah (who we believe is Jesus).

I believe the holocaust was an event by the devil in attempt to stop God's plan (Eliminate the Jews and God becomes a liar). However, as always God keeps His promises. Ironically, Jewish people are flocking to Israel, despite the Middle East turmoil.

1948 was the beginning of a new age and we will see major changes.
Absolutely, Souper! Israel is God's prophetic time clock.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:30 AM

Default Sounding Brass and Tinkling Cymbals

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
IMO, John Hagee does not have a clue as concerning the two houses of Israel. Namely, the House of Israel and the House of Judah, to say nothing of the difference between the present day "State of Israel" and the true Israelites.

The 3 tribed House of Judah, ie Judah, Benjamin and part of Levi, (known as the Jews) went into captivity in Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar.Years later they were allowed to return to Jerusalem because of King Cyrus’ kindness to the House of Judah.
The 10 tribed House of Israel was also sent into captivity under the Assyrians. God divorced the House of Israel. You can read about the 'remarrying of God" to the House of Israel in the book of Hebrews. The House of Israel never came out of this captivity and was hence dispersed into all the world, never to be heard from again, so some people think today.
The "Jews" and/or the State of Israel cannot be the House of Israel today ... and I would venture to say that probably most of the people in the State of Israel today are not real bloodline Jews.

Think about the fact that there are only approximately 15 million Jews in the world today. The present day world population is just over 6 1/2 Billion. The present day population of the USA just turned 300,000,000. Only about 2% of the USA are Jewish.
Now, God told Abraham that He would make his (Abraham's) seed as the dust of the earth, the stars in the heavens, and many nations and kings would come from them. I ask you, where are they?? The present day State of Israel is not a prosperous nation and if the USA were to curtail funding of this State of Israel, they would fall to pieces in a few months, if not weeks of time. Also, where are the multitudes of "JEWS" that God told Abraham He would make of his seed?

Amos 9:9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations,....
The House of Israel remains "sifted among the nations" today.

You do the study and come to your own conclusions as to whether what Mr. Hagee is saying is true or not, and whether it's worth all the effort he is putting into it.
Remember this, God does not need mans help in whatever He deems necessary for the House of Israel or the House of Judah.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:49 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
Isn't he the preacher who was found to be regularly smoking meth and having sex with male prostitutes? I should think if you all can forgive him for that, you can forgive him for being a little overweight.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:50 AM

Default Sounding Brass and Tinkling Cymbals

People, if you want a real eye opener, please read Deuteronomy chapter 28.
Verses 1 thru 14 are the blessings they would receive if they obeyed God.
Verses 15 thru 68 are the curses they would receive if they did not obey Gods commands.

14 verses pronouncing blessings if they obeyed ; and
54 verses pronouncing the curses if they did not obey.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:06 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Isn't he the preacher who was found to be regularly smoking meth and having sex with male prostitutes? I should think if you all can forgive him for that, you can forgive him for being a little overweight.
No, that's not John Hagee. That's the guy from the church in Colorado. I can't think of his name, but there were threads about him back when it happened.

I find it appalling to bring up his weight....talk about judgmental! We all have our hurdles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity