Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:38 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times

Advertisements

As theologian augiedogie stated elsewhere that following the truth would mean persecution for the believers from the unbelieving world and Christians are expected to live in love toward others, even if they hate us. Following the truth sets us in opposition to the world, which hates God and prefers it idols, and loves sin.

And it was during one of those my following the truth exchange moments concerning baptism that I happened to stumble across this study by Yale and thought it desired it's own consideration:
Infant Cognition Center at Yale University
May 10, 2010
"The researchers have found babies as young as six months old already make moral
judgments, and they think we may be born with a moral code hard-wired into our brains."

It's not like God needed to have a secular to substantiate what he said in his Word, for the it should be enough for anyone who claims to believe the Bible. But it needs repeating to believe what God revealed, which is:
( being certain people only accept certain translations as "correct", I'll use KJV)
Psalm 22:10
From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

2 Timothy 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 58:3
The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 09:40 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
I predict that the usual crowd will now come out and say that morality is only relative and surely it's just society imposing their will.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:55 AM

217 posts, read 146,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
As theologian augiedogie stated elsewhere that following the truth would mean persecution for the believers from the unbelieving world and Christians are expected to live in love toward others, even if they hate us. Following the truth sets us in opposition to the world, which hates God and prefers it idols, and loves sin.

And it was during one of those my following the truth exchange moments concerning baptism that I happened to stumble across this study by Yale and thought it desired it's own consideration:
May 10, 2010
"The researchers have found babies as young as six months old already make moral
judgments, and they think we may be born with a moral code hard-wired into our brains."

It's not like God needed to have a secular to substantiate what he said in his Word, for the it should be enough for anyone who claims to believe the Bible. But it needs repeating to believe what God revealed, which is:
( being certain people only accept certain translations as "correct", I'll use KJV)

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

link to the study, please?

Old 07-18-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comm08 View Post
the way I stumbled onto this was by eventually searching babies know right from wrong which lead to the words in Google Psychologists say babies know right from wrong even at six months.

From what I remember there was several news articles and one from phys.org › Medicine & Health › Psychology & Psychiatry ... which appeared

Old 07-18-2014, 12:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comm08 View Post
Quote:

May 10, 2010

So, an infant at 6 months of age, knows the Scriptures?
Or, they have an innate knowledge of right from wrong?

Is there a difference?

Or are you syncretistically, mixing and blending the thoughts of Calvinism with your own theology - regarding the wicked infant?

Old 07-18-2014, 12:29 PM

217 posts, read 146,593 times
Default link

Quote:
the way I stumbled onto this was by eventually searching babies know right from wrong which lead to the words in Google Psychologists say babies know right from wrong even at six months.

From what I remember there was several news articles and one from phys.org › Medicine & Health › Psychology & Psychiatry ... which appeared
Psychologists say babies know right from wrong even at six months

^this one, twin?

Old 07-18-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

So, an infant at 6 months of age, knows the Scriptures?
which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Quote:
Or, they have an innate knowledge of right from wrong?

May 10, 2010
I found it interesting that Yale (not known for it's epic center of conservative thought and fundy barbaric neanderthal's threatening the civilized world ) would conclude contrary in non-religious academic environment to what so many people here are so sure of.

Quote:
Is there a difference?
Scripturally speaking, yes.
Quote:
Or are you syncretistically, mixing and blending the thoughts of Calvinism with your own theology - regarding the wicked infant?
Ah, now you're finally getting to the real purpose for replying .... nope.

1) It's not "my theology" ... I present what scriptures teach, because I believe what scriptures says.

2) It's not "my theology" (Calvinism)

3) It's not "my theology" that claims we come to this world "neutral" ... scriptures teach otherwise, I just believe what scriptures say.

4) It's not "my theology" that claims the doctrine age of accountability .... scriptures teach otherwise, I just believe what scriptures say.

5) It's not "my theology" that claims infants are not capable to have faith in Jesus as their savior and God ... scriptures teach otherwise, I just believe what scriptures say.

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-18-2014 at 04:10 PM..

Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,809 times
Will a child who dies at an age too young to have made a conscious, willful rejection of Jesus Christ be taken to be with the Lord?

We don't know. The Scriptures do not tell us.

What we do know is that God is perfectly just and loving and everyone will be treated fairly. You can take from that what you will, but in the end it is not a doctrine that should cause you to stumble or falter in your own walk with God.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Will a child who dies at an age too young to have made a conscious, willful rejection of Jesus Christ be taken to be with the Lord?

What we do know is that God is perfectly just and loving and everyone will be treated fairly. You can take from that what you will, but in the end it is not a doctrine that should cause you to stumble or falter in your own walk with God.
The Scriptures tell us that until they are old enough to understand and make a choice that:

ASV 1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in the brother: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:58 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post

King David expected to be reunited with his new-born son who had died.
2 Samuel 12:21 Then his servants said to him, "What is this thing that you have done? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept; but when the child died, you arose and ate food." 22] He said, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, 'Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.' 23] "But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity