Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 03:38 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,012,828 times

Advertisements

Actually Jesus did return According to the book of Acts 2 , Jesus came back in the spirit , as the believers were baptized in the Spirit of God , which was the promise of the Father .............. As people who are born again in the Spirit of God and then the power comes in the baptism of the Holy Spirit which extends the believer into calling which Jesus is doing .................... See Jesus came back before these people tasted death , and the born again baptized in Holy spirit is the temple of the Holy Spirit were Jesus has access to the believers in the earth through His spirit , which was the promise of the Messiah to reign forever .................... Still Jesus will make a second coming which will eliminate the threat to His authority of His kingdom in the earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 04:40 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
From what I recall Matthew followed up the scripture in 16:28 with the account that some six days later Jesus was transfigured before them. Not only Matthew but also in Mark, Luke, and Peter we have a separate accounts for this occurence. So some may think the prophecy went unfullfilled but just let scriptures interpret scripture or scriptures that may on the surface seem contradictory or problematic but can be resolved by considering the immediate context of the scripture in question and then applying related scriptures from parallel accounts.

Hope this helps
Isn't it funny how many ignore what the scriptures tells us about this, for their on opinion.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Many misconstrue what coming in the flesh relates to:

"We will be carried to a higher place, even while we yet live."

You never know, where a cloud formation may take place.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:15 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Many misconstrue what coming in the flesh relates to:

"We will be carried to a higher place, even while we yet live."

You never know, where a cloud formation may take place.
Jerwade - this just happened to me this evening - I was so overjoyed about it.

Old 07-24-2014, 03:01 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
On those examples, yes, even to someone as spiritually dumb as myself .

But to say "There are some standing here right now who will not taste of death until they see the Son of Man coming in great power and glory, etc." when He actually means "not now but sometime in the far distant future" makes not the least bit of sense to me, unless it was just a bad call. Paul also thought Jesus was going to return in his lifetime; he said so often in his epistles yet Jesus never returned. So both Jesus AND Paul we wrong about the timing, at least it seems to me and many others.
Which is why I wish I was a koine expert, because over the past few years I have come to understand that our English translations are severely lacking. Is there anything in the text that supports your supposition?

When Jesus spoke about the Abomination of Desolation, when he spoke of Jerusalem surrounded by armies, was he predicting the Jewish War ending with Masada? Or was he speaking in the apocalyptic tradition of the prophets, predicting some catastrophe as divine retribution for failure to live according to God's law? As is demonstrated by many of the OT prophets?

Old 07-24-2014, 03:24 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,024,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually Jesus did return According to the book of Acts 2 , Jesus came back in the spirit , as the believers were baptized in the Spirit of God , which was the promise of the Father .............. As people who are born again in the Spirit of God and then the power comes in the baptism of the Holy Spirit which extends the believer into calling which Jesus is doing .................... See Jesus came back before these people tasted death , and the born again baptized in Holy spirit is the temple of the Holy Spirit were Jesus has access to the believers in the earth through His spirit , which was the promise of the Messiah to reign forever .................... Still Jesus will make a second coming which will eliminate the threat to His authority of His kingdom in the earth
So, they actuallly SAW Him coming?...

Old 07-24-2014, 04:02 AM

153 posts, read 150,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Jesus was something of an apocalyptic, and many parts of his teachings come from that tradition. One needs beware of confusing the apocalyptic stuff from the message of love and the message of salvation and eternal life.

I dont think anyone can be entirely consistent throughout one's life on any and all issues.Even Jesus. I will wager that no one here believes that if one were to examine a lifetime of stated beliefs of themselves that there would be a perfectly consistent message.
Of course Jesus was consistent,but what He said had to be applied in different situations
over time and in different circumstances, and to people of differering levels of 'being'.
He was projecting into the future,while at the same time talking to people in the moment.
Some of what He said could only be understood in hind sight ,and as societies evolved,
or devolved,as events unfolded,and still are in the process of doing .

As to this particular quote,it is difficult ,but am going to pray for clarity .

Of course it was the Holy Spirit ( of God ) who light up the inner lives of those who believe,
and without whom our world would be without Light and creativity.
The "darkness does not comprehend ; and although 'it', seems to have the upperhand in
this world today, it is only an illusion, to test those of the 'light' .

Last edited by WisdomTooth 359; 07-24-2014 at 04:10 AM..

Old 07-24-2014, 06:00 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,402 times
GINOLJC, to all

addressing the OP only. “Did Jesus Make A Bad Prophetic Call According to Deuteronomy?â€. the answer is NO. the Lord Jesus, God almighty himself, in human form, or fashion, never made a “bad†Prophetic Call, at anytime, at any place, or anywhere, in time or history.

The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ

What is the second coming of our Lord, and Saviour, Jesus the Christ. the answer is a two fold coming. what do I mean by a two fold coming?. first a coming in, "manifestation", followed by a coming in "appearance". what exactly do this mean?. the Son of Man is Spirit, who now have a glorified body. the first coming of his two fold return is in Spirit, and Power, meaning he is coming into his Kingdom, this is the fulfillment of Matthew 16:28. he came as the Holy Spirit, and that happen on Pentecost, (Acts chapter 2). and afterward at the end, when the kingdom is delivered up, he will come in appearance, bodily fashion, as the Son of Man, in his GLORIFIED BODY, meaning, “ALL EYES WILL SEE HIMâ€, see Revelation 1:7 & 8. the first of his two fold return is in manifestation, Spirit. and the second of his two fold return is in appearance, bodily form. lets understand this.

this first of the second coming took place on the day of Pentecost, (Spirit), lets understand. John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". well how did Jesus, our Lord come to us?. let the bible answer it, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him". lets see how our Lord will manifest himself. John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him". ok, now we know that our Lord will MANIFEST himself to us, and NOT unto the world, (unseen). but most importantly, he is coming when he manifest himself. so how is he going to do it?. let the scriptures answer that also, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, (HOLD IT, SEND IN MY NAME). if one come in someone name who is that person?, the one that have the name, in this case, JESUS the Christ. lets pick it back up, "he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you". so its the COMFORTER, the Holy Spirit, that comes. John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". "I", is singular, meaning ONE PERSON, but I thought Jesus said, he and the father will come?. answer they are the same one PERSON, here again is the “diversity†of God, “I and my Father are oneâ€, (see John 10:30). lets see how the Lord Jesus, God, the Comforter,manifest himself. again let the bible answer itself. 1 Corinthians 12:4 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal". just finish reading the Spiritual gifts listed from verse 8-onward. that's how our our Lord Jesus manifest himself, by the Spiritual gifts, in power. so Jesus is the Holy Spirit, (diversified), manifested by the gifts he gave. can one support this by scripture, YES, 2 Corinthians 3:17a "Now the Lord is that Spirit". notice the capital "S" in Spirit. also in Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". the Spirit of Christ is God, hence, “me and my Father come, and abode with youâ€. meaning the same Person, the Holy Spirit, God. this proven out in acts chapter 5, as who the Spirit of Christ is, “GODâ€.

Now his second two fold return, “appearanceâ€, Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvationâ€. this verse clearly states a “second appearanceâ€. lets support this second, “appearanceâ€, in bodily fashion. he first appeared in flesh when born in Bethlehem. and his second bodily appearance will be when, “ALL EYES WILL SEE HIMâ€, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amenâ€. HOLD IT. this coming will be a physical “appearanceâ€. because the first of his two fold second coming was unseen Spiritual manifestation, supportive scripture, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?â€. “not unto the worldâ€. this first two fold coming was unseen, in Spirit. so scripture support an unseen coming. now the end, when he appears in bodily fashion. 1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise firstâ€, in verse 15 it clearly states that the Lord is coming. so the scriptures clearly reveals a two fold second coming. first in "manifestation", followed by a coming in "appearance". amen.

conclusion, Matthew 16:28 "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdomâ€. this prophecy was fulfilled on on Pentecost, Acts chapter 2.

and Matthew 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great gloryâ€. this will be fulfilled in his second two fold return.

some people get Matthew 16:28 mixed up with Matthew 24:30. these are two different coming, or returns.

Christ two fold return is in Spirit, (Manifestation), Matthew 16:28, and in bodily form, (Appearance), Matthew 24:30.

I hope this helped.

be blessed.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:09 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,912,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC, to all

addressing the OP only. “Did Jesus Make A Bad Prophetic Call According to Deuteronomy?”. the answer is NO. the Lord Jesus, God almighty himself, in human form, or fashion, never made a “bad” Prophetic Call, at anytime, at any place, or anywhere, in time or history.

The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ

What is the second coming of our Lord, and Saviour, Jesus the Christ. the answer is a two fold coming. what do I mean by a two fold coming?. first a coming in, "manifestation", followed by a coming in "appearance". what exactly do this mean?. the Son of Man is Spirit, who now have a glorified body. the first coming of his two fold return is in Spirit, and Power, meaning he is coming into his Kingdom, this is the fulfillment of Matthew 16:28. he came as the Holy Spirit, and that happen on Pentecost, (Acts chapter 2). and afterward at the end, when the kingdom is delivered up, he will come in appearance, bodily fashion, as the Son of Man, in his GLORIFIED BODY, meaning, “ALL EYES WILL SEE HIM”, see Revelation 1:7 & 8. the first of his two fold return is in manifestation, Spirit. and the second of his two fold return is in appearance, bodily form. lets understand this.

this first of the second coming took place on the day of Pentecost, (Spirit), lets understand. John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". well how did Jesus, our Lord come to us?. let the bible answer it, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him". lets see how our Lord will manifest himself. John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him". ok, now we know that our Lord will MANIFEST himself to us, and NOT unto the world, (unseen). but most importantly, he is coming when he manifest himself. so how is he going to do it?. let the scriptures answer that also, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, (HOLD IT, SEND IN MY NAME). if one come in someone name who is that person?, the one that have the name, in this case, JESUS the Christ. lets pick it back up, "he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you". so its the COMFORTER, the Holy Spirit, that comes. John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". "I", is singular, meaning ONE PERSON, but I thought Jesus said, he and the father will come?. answer they are the same one PERSON, here again is the “diversity” of God, “I and my Father are one”, (see John 10:30). lets see how the Lord Jesus, God, the Comforter,manifest himself. again let the bible answer itself. 1 Corinthians 12:4 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal". just finish reading the Spiritual gifts listed from verse 8-onward. that's how our our Lord Jesus manifest himself, by the Spiritual gifts, in power. so Jesus is the Holy Spirit, (diversified), manifested by the gifts he gave. can one support this by scripture, YES, 2 Corinthians 3:17a "Now the Lord is that Spirit". notice the capital "S" in Spirit. also in Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". the Spirit of Christ is God, hence, “me and my Father come, and abode with you”. meaning the same Person, the Holy Spirit, God. this proven out in acts chapter 5, as who the Spirit of Christ is, “GOD”.

Now his second two fold return, “appearance”, Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation”. this verse clearly states a “second appearance”. lets support this second, “appearance”, in bodily fashion. he first appeared in flesh when born in Bethlehem. and his second bodily appearance will be when, “ALL EYES WILL SEE HIM”, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen”. HOLD IT. this coming will be a physical “appearance”. because the first of his two fold second coming was unseen Spiritual manifestation, supportive scripture, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?”. “not unto the world”. this first two fold coming was unseen, in Spirit. so scripture support an unseen coming. now the end, when he appears in bodily fashion. 1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first”, in verse 15 it clearly states that the Lord is coming. so the scriptures clearly reveals a two fold second coming. first in "manifestation", followed by a coming in "appearance". amen.

conclusion, Matthew 16:28 "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. this prophecy was fulfilled on on Pentecost, Acts chapter 2.

and Matthew 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory”. this will be fulfilled in his second two fold return.

some people get Matthew 16:28 mixed up with Matthew 24:30. these are two different coming, or returns.

Christ two fold return is in Spirit, (Manifestation), Matthew 16:28, and in bodily form, (Appearance), Matthew 24:30.

I hope this helped.

be blessed.
Yes, it does, but as I once said, your average dumb Christian man in the street (which comprises about 98% of Christians today) should not need a degree in theology to understand all this. I mean, how many Christians do you know in your church who could have figured out on their own what you just explained to us?

Old 07-24-2014, 09:15 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, it does, but as I once said, your average dumb Christian man in the street (which comprises about 98% of Christians today) should not need a degree in theology to understand all this. I mean, how many Christians do you know in your church who could have figured out on their own what you just explained to us?
thanks for the response. I wish I could take credit for this understanding, it is the Lord Jesus himself who gave me this knowledge, and understanding. yes, I was in that 98% you speak of. reading my bible, but yet not UNDERSTANDING what I was reading, just as the Ethiopia eunuch was reading his bible on the way home, but without WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE to UNDERSTAND what he was reading. which by the way is the very first Spiritual gift listed in 1 Corinthians chapter 12, see verse 8, (the Pastoral gift). that's how I got the revelation that women can, preach, teach, and yes, PASTOR, which is a gift, to shepherd God flock. it all comes by the REVELATION of JESUS Christ, the revelator. I agree, those who take a leadership position, (to teach others), better have a relationship with the risen Christ. for the Holy Ghost teaches us, in order to teach others. and when reading the bible, I keep these scriptures in the back of my mind, Isaiah 29:9-12. for the bible is a sealed book, be ye educated or not, one needs the Holy Ghost to understand, and to know. as for interpretation, I don't, I keep 1 Peter 1:20 also in the back of my mind when reading. listen closely, everything is revealed, let me say it again, "EVERYTHING" is revealed, it is revealed to those who ask for the wisdom to understand it in faith. true, many a Christian are reading their bibles, (and I thank God for that, and I hope they keep on reading), but they are reading without the wisdom of the Holy Spirit, the revelator. yes, just as we walk by faith, and not by sight, let me say this, also we should read by faith, and not by sight only. if one wants the revelation, one must keep company with the Revelator.

be blessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity