Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 02:59 PM

63,834 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
But what if Jesus was not the Son of God, but a son of God? As was David?
I do NOT believe that Jesus ever claimed to be THE son of God, as we modern folk understand the terms father and son.
See, I believe God speaks to all of us all the time. The question is, do we ever listen?
Well. I believe Jesus listened, and understood the message of love, and preached it. And that message was revolutionary!!! Witness the world today, the result of the Christian message.
The problem with contemporary Christianity is that it is based upon 1500 years of misguided theology. Time for modern Christians to evolve, to re-evaluate the theology, based upon the teaching of Jesus and the examples of the 1st century practices.
LISTEN to God when He speaks. Because He tells us the direction we need to walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well said chuckmann.
Amen, brothers. What does the term "First-born" mean? It certainly does NOT mean the ONLY-born. We are to be "born again" as Spirit upon our death . . .as Christ was. This life is the baptism we must follow Christ in to our death . . . overcome and endure in Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 04:16 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post

"It is written in the prophets everyone shall be taught by God. No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him and I will raise him up on the last day."
Forgive me, Peacegiver, but can't you see the bald-faced contradiction just within those two statement alone?

"Everyone [all people] shall be taught by God", taught, presumably, that Jesus is God made flesh who died for our sins." That's an absolute; it leaves absolutely no room for the contrary: that some, not all, shall be taught by God.

But then the next statement says, "No one can come to me except the Father draws him..." Just that statement alone assumes God will draw some and not others. You can link that with Jesus' proclamation that few find the road to eternal life; most find the road to destruction.

Now how on earth can all men be taught of God and yet most of them go to destruction???

Does the contradiction mean that God's teaching is so impotent and so ineffective that most men choose to disregard it and go with the devil's teaching? Then God is a pretty poor teacher. And the devil is more powerful than God because he has the power to draw more men away from God than God has the power to draw them to Jesus.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:59 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Isn't it funny how many ignore what the scriptures tells us about this, for their on opinion.
Never ceases to amaze me.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Never ceases to amaze me.
Me, neither!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity