Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 10:39 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
same here, have you read post #18?. if so lets discuss it.
I already dealt with those points in others thread - I told you this three times - you are free to read and critique them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 10:41 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,245,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I already dealt with those points in others thread - I told you this three times - you are free to read and critique them.
that's fine but the question, is Jesus a false prophet?, yes or no.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:51 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
that's fine but the question, is Jesus a false prophet?, yes or no.
As far as the NT represents his words - I already said - yes!

Old 07-24-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
As far as the NT represents his words - I already said - yes!
yes, as in a false prophet?. if so, well, that just told me that you don't know our Lord Jesus, or the NT. because according to the NT he fulfilled what he said. it is your ignorance that blinds you, again, if you read Post #18, it contradict your statement, and render it as false. I see you did not read post #18, or if you did, not with understanding. this is what I been saying, before one throw a stone, one need to be far away, because the very stone one throw, it will come back and hit you in the head. I suggest you re-read the new testament, you're missing a lot of information.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:07 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
yes, as in a false prophet?. if so, well, that just told me that you don't know our Lord Jesus, or the NT. because according to the NT he fulfilled what he said. it is your ignorance that blinds you, again, if you read Post #18, it contradict your statement, and render it as false. I see you did not read post #18, or if you did, not with understanding. this is what I been saying, before one throw a stone, one need to be far away, because the very stone one throw, it will come back and hit you in the head. I suggest you re-read the new testament, you're missing a lot of information.
Well I guess that settles it!

Old 07-24-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Well I guess that settles it!
in the first place, why guess, when one know the truth. it will make you free, ....................(smile).

Old 07-24-2014, 12:37 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Why would a Savior who presumably wants to save all men speak in veiled language that most people could not understand and therefore could not use it to make a rational decision whether or not to accept Him as Savior. Anyway, Jesus said it is not our prerogative but the prerogative of the Holy Spirit to decide who will come to Him and who will not?
"No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whomever the son will reveal Him."

"It is written in the prophets everyone shall be taught by God. No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him and I will raise him up on the last day."

Old 07-24-2014, 01:19 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
All this would be true, chuckmann, if we were going to go with Jesus being just an ordinary man who fancied himself a prophet who was able to make accurate predictions about when He was going to return and just happened to get the timing wrong.

But Jesus wasn't an ordinary man, at least by fundamentalists' assertions. He was divine--God Himself made flesh, and as God He would not be basing His teaching on traditions as ordinary men would; He would not be mixing His metaphors, so to speak between messages of love and messages of apocalypse; he would not have been inconsistent throughout His life on any issues.

Unless he wasn't God, and was just another apocalyptic rabbi wandering the deserts of Israel preaching inaccurate stuff just like about a hundred others were at the time. I would NOT expect God in the flesh to say, "There are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power..."

Either Jesus is talking about the people of His time or He is talking about the people of a future time. If He's talking about the people of a future time He certainly worded it very badly, and I would not expect God to make a mistake in wording so disastrous that even Paul would have relied on it to teach his followers, "Listen, don't worry so much about the things of this life and don't bother to get married because the current Age is about to end and Jesus will be returning in our lifetime to set up His kingdom."
But what if Jesus was not the Son of God, but a son of God? As was David?

I do NOT believe that Jesus ever claimed to be THE son of God, as we modern folk understand the terms father and son.

See, I believe God speaks to all of us all the time. The question is, do we ever listen?

Well. I believe Jesus listened, and understood the message of love, and preached it. And that message was revolutionary!!! Witness the world today, the result of the Christian message.

The problem with contemporary Christianity is that it is based upon 1500 years of misguided theology. Time for modern Christians to evolve, to re-evaluate the theology, based upon the teaching of Jesus and the examples of the 1st century practices.

LISTEN to God when He speaks. Because He tells us the direction we need to walk.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
But what if Jesus was not the Son of God, but a son of God? As was David?

I do NOT believe that Jesus ever claimed to be THE son of God, as we modern folk understand the terms father and son.

See, I believe God speaks to all of us all the time. The question is, do we ever listen?

Well. I believe Jesus listened, and understood the message of love, and preached it. And that message was revolutionary!!! Witness the world today, the result of the Christian message.

The problem with contemporary Christianity is that it is based upon 1500 years of misguided theology. Time for modern Christians to evolve, to re-evaluate the theology, based upon the teaching of Jesus and the examples of the 1st century practices.

LISTEN to God when He speaks. Because He tells us the direction we need to walk.
Well said chuckmann.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:22 PM

Jesus, the Lord is "THE" Son of the Living God. not "a" son but "THE, "only" begotten. for he is David son in flesh, but God's Son in Spirit. Matthew 22:41 "While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David. 43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, 44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? 45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?”.

that's a good question. so how is Jesus David son, if he was before David as his Lord?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity