Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was His death planned, and what was its purpose?
Gos planned it as a settlement for our sins, so that those who believe would have everlasting life 67 67.00%
Not planned by God, but His death still serves as an example and it "restores the community" 2 2.00%
Planned by God in order to release the Holy Spirit to men 5 5.00%
Jesus did not die for our sins, He was murdered 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 05:18 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Oh... Here's another theory of atonement that I found quite beautiful:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/18711274-post110.html
Thank you my dear sister, Pleroo. That is one of my favorite analogies. I also find many of your posts to be quite insightful and inspiring too. Still can't rep you though.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No Finn . . . you are confused and blinded by your indoctrination into the "precepts and doctrines of men" that have nothing to do with Christ's Gospel of love. There is no way that ANYONE is "born again" while still alive from the birth of the flesh. No one is remotely "like the wind" while still flesh and blood. We are "born of God" which means "conceived" (begotten) by God as "embryo Spirits" designed to mature and be "born again" as Spirit upon our death. That means that we are born of Spirit (God). You still think we are physical beings . . . but we are spirit beings inhabiting this flesh as a "spiritual womb." All the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you have been taught to believe are wrong. There is no magic about any of it.Disagreeing with you or anyone else is NOT failing to display agape love. Witnessing to the truth that I know to be truth is. No one gains any brownie points with God for anything. We are to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't, period. That is how we are sanctified under Christ's love for us all.
OK, I will have to admit I won't be able to extract a direct answer from you, so I will let you go. Considering the fact that you have invented your own religion, I think the "precepts and doctrines of men" fits you better than me.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:19 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Mystic, many do not like your consciousness explanations because they are not expressed in bible language that gives their itching ears some air of authentication. and because anything to do with consciousness is condemned from the pulpits by those who do not know God as being new age.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:25 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
New thought has as many holes as the handed down old thoughts that most bible believing christians hold to, including many universalists.

Your thoughts are not my thoughts....... What do you mean God, we have the bible to know your thoughts ?.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Hang on God,i thought that you said you created evil

Because you have a bible does not mean you know the thoughts of God
This is why we are supposed to trust only the true church as handed down in succession
by the Holy Apostles to their disciples and bishops, who wrote about all this in the
first centuries of Christian life, where there was much confusion among those such
as the gnostics and other heretics. It is complex however the ancient heresies are
constantly being revived and new twists on them have been appearing.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:38 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Notes on the realization that some people do not believe that we are sinners in need of a Savior..
Not sure who your post is directed towards, but this is not true for me, personally. I simply don't believe that I need to be saved FROM GOD (penal subsitution theory of atonement), but rather that God IS my savior.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
This is why we are supposed to trust only the true church as handed down in succession
by the Holy Apostles to their disciples and bishops, who wrote about all this in the
first centuries of Christian life, where there was much confusion among those such
as the gnostics and other heretics. It is complex however the ancient heresies are
constantly being revived and new twists on them have been appearing.
I am sorry to say Snowball, although you catholics are lovely folk(and i really mean that), Rome carried on where the previous religious system had left off.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:48 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Division is a form of substraction . . . just as multiplication is a form of addition. What is subtracted is the veil of ignorance over the nature of God and His motives. It is replaced by the true nature of God unambiguously revealed by Jesus.
Your theology simply does not stack up. You use a small % of Scripture combined with a large % of your opinion (which you try to pass off as "rightly-dividing" the word). Your theology, in large part, contradicts the prophets, Jesus, and the apostles. Therefore, your theology is a fraud. You can't be trusted to speak the truth.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Not sure who your post is directed towards, but this is not true for me, personally. I simply don't believe that I need to be saved FROM GOD (penal subsitution theory of atonement), but rather that God IS my savior.
Savior from what?

Old 08-07-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There isn't much disagreement among Christians about why Jesus died. Vast majority agree about it.
True. Even your poll agrees.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Oh... Here's another theory of atonement that I found quite beautiful:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/18711274-post110.html
Maybe you could discuss it on that thread, as opposed to trying to import it here. Just an idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity