Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 09:51 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,310,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
Ah... So you were 'born again' by a godly professor... Now I see why you don't understand the scriptures.

The version you quote from and your comments likewise are so backwards from the actual truth, that I am not even going to waste the time explaining it to you... next.

TC
Translation: The man arguing with me likely knows more than I do, so I will act like I can't waste time explaining it to him to avoid getting destroyed in a debate over theology with him .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 09:53 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,735,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You're rambling. That makes no sense.
You mentioned the gospel of John chapter 3, the story of Nicodemus coming to Jesus. And I think Nicodemus was one of the better Pharisees. Jesus was kinder to him than most of the other Pharisees, and yet he still set that bible reader/quoter straight.

Or maybe you were proving my point about those without the ability to see good in others. Did you jump on down to those later verses about light and darkness. Because John 3:16 reflects I Cor. 13.

Some of us see light in the world God made and who controls the direction it is going.

Others see only the evil and the stark warnings.

The difference is in having the Spirit of God and an eye of faith to see the light.

Keep working at it.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Wow... First you tell me to get my nose out of the Bible and trust the teachings of men, and then you try to beguile me with fake words... As the Lord says-get thee hence Satan.

Don't even try to twist the word of God to fit your delusion...

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

You want to be a partaker of their evil deeds, go ahead. I ll not be following you down that path.

TC
Then know that the real Christians will be standing up and pointing you out as the same as the bigoted fundamentalist racists of five decades ago. There is no difference in your teaching, your purpose, nor your strategy--use the bible to demean other people whose shoe laces you would be blessed if they would allow you to tie.

The god you worship is the same idol that men have held onto since the golden calf--anything but the Spirit of God, of mercy, and of love.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Translation: The man arguing with me likely knows more than I do, so I will act like I can't waste time explaining it to him to avoid getting destroyed in a debate over theology with him .
Would that be a literal or figurative interpretation!

Old 03-31-2015, 10:04 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,829,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You mentioned the gospel of John chapter 3, the story of Nicodemus coming to Jesus. And I think Nicodemus was one of the better Pharisees. Jesus was kinder to him than most of the other Pharisees, and yet he still set that bible reader/quoter straight.

Or maybe you were proving my point about those without the ability to see good in others. Did you jump on down to those later verses about light and darkness. Because John 3:16 reflects I Cor. 13.

Some of us see light in the world God made and who controls the direction it is going.

Others see only the evil and the stark warnings.

The difference is in having the Spirit of God and an eye of faith to see the light.

Keep working at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Can you please wait to hit post until you've finished your thoughts? Sheesh! Everytime I quote you, you've added something else.

Jesus convicted Nicodemus of his sin. Nicodemus was saved that day.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 PM

277 posts, read 228,390 times
Quote:
Then know that the real Christians will be standing up and pointing you out as the same as the bigoted fundamentalist racists of five decades ago. There is no difference in your teaching, your purpose, nor your strategy--use the bible to demean other people whose shoe laces you would be blessed if they would allow you to tie.

The god you worship is the same idol that men have held onto since the golden calf--anything but the Spirit of God, of mercy, and of love.

No ward... You just won't come to the real light because your evil deeds will be reproved. Where there is no reproof there is no Holy Spirit. I speak the truth in love, you deny Him with your works...

The real Christians are standing up and reproving todays counterfeits. That would be you. Your words have betrayed you- 'he that denieth me denieth my Father that sent me'. Your words are fake and hollow, so I will not heed them. Scripture is as sound today as always and is the Sword of the Spirit:

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

When you decide not to use the word to reprove people and instead use some 'spirit' that doesn't even line up with Scripture, that's where I say 'no thank you'...

TC

Old 03-31-2015, 10:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times
Quote:
No ward... You just won't come to the real light because your evil deeds will be reproved. Where there is no reproof there is no Holy Spirit. I speak the truth in love, you deny Him with your works...

The real Christians are standing up and reproving todays counterfeits. That would be you. Your words have betrayed you- 'he that denieth me denieth my Father that sent me'. Your words are fake and hollow, so I will not heed them. Scripture is as sound today as always and is the Sword of the Spirit:

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

When you decide not to use the word to reprove people and instead use some 'spirit' that doesn't even line up with Scripture, that's where I say 'no thank you'...

TC
Sounds like a few are being reproved, if you ask me.
What does it mean to kick against the pricks?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:56 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,248,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You think that it's better to be bigoted against religious people than to let them execute their Constitutional rights of religion?
As usual, you have this up-side-down. The "Christian businesses" who want to refuse service to those who are gay are practicing their constitutional rights? Really. How would we know whether someone is gay or not if they come into a shop or restaurant? Do you need an "un-gay' certificate to shop now? This law shows the stupidity of some people in power in Indiana. Yeah, remember that scripture where Jesus said, "if a man or woman is homosexual, do not let him eat, and do not serve him". What a bunch of b.s. I wish these kind of Christians would sit down and shut up. They are an embarrassment to the name of Christ.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:

The seething hatred these people have for homosexual persons is a stench in God's nostrils. Homosexual teens are the most likely group to commit suicide. Gee, I wonder why? Because they have been told they don't deserve to be loved and do not deserve to live and certain Christians have convinced them that God despises them. Shame on those who have done this.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:04 PM

At some point (can't be too far off) the beast which the w_h ore has been riding will turn on her and hate her. Put that in your pipes and smoke it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity