Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 11:09 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I am thinking t is going to come to a head real soon..now that the left has found its voice.
And it is forging an alliance with other open-minded and open-hearted people. Liberal Christians, Jews and Muslims have much in common with most atheists, agnostics and Other-believers.

The fundamentalists are the ones wearing the black hats. The rest of us are the good guys.

And Indiana is finding out what a huge mistake it made -- thank God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 11:26 AM

277 posts, read 228,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
My goodness. The division here between the Christian Right and the Christian Left makes the Great Schism of 1054 AD look like a picnic.

It is the difference between truth and error... The Bible says that in the last days people will not endure sound doctrine, but will turn away from the truth, because they want their ears tickled. You are witnessing it firsthand. Its funny that people cannot see how America's Christian churches have have turned away from good sound doctrine and quit reproving sin, and the churches have fallen into spiritual wickedness... The churches are now filled with fornicators, adulterers, idolators and covetous people-who think that by their religious works (going to church and paying tithing, doing Bible studies, volunteering, etc), that they are righteous. But they are not righteous, they are workers of iniquity... They are the wicked:

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother
be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

This Christian 'left' as you called it, is nothing more than a sign of the end times. The are certainly 'left'
as they have left sound doctrine. They are going to be workers of iniquity on the day of Judgment because they did not want to endure the truth. Today's 'left' is not the church- it is a clever counterfeit...they are the tares...

Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
Mat 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Mat 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Mat 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The 'left' will have their day in God's court, and then we will see just who the tares are..

Psa 37:34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

TC

Old 04-02-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
God's not dead, but how will anyone convince you?
For me, actions will always speak louder than words.
What? Who said anything about God being dead? I think you must be confused...

TC

Old 04-02-2015, 11:30 AM

18,509 posts, read 9,185,869 times
TC,

Yeah, but the Christian Left can also quote scripture and they believe that THEY are the true Christians and that YOU are in error. So who is right? How could that even be determined?

Old 04-02-2015, 11:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,255,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And it is forging an alliance with other open-minded and open-hearted people. Liberal Christians, Jews and Muslims have much in common with most atheists, agnostics and Other-believers.

The fundamentalists are the ones wearing the black hats. The rest of us are the good guys.

And GOD'S people all said---A M E N !

Quote:
TC,

Yeah, but the Christian Left can also quote scripture and they believe that THEY are the true Christians and that YOU are in error. So who is right? How could that even be determined?
Not that we are fond of calling chapter and verse. We tend to be more free thinking and rely on our FAITH to support our actions.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yes, and you're gonna be telling Him you didn't lift a finger so you wouldn't be mixed up with salvation by works!

I'm not boasting. Not you or anyone else has the slightest clue who I am, other than one of three million or so in metropolitan Denver.

If you are wicked, then forsake your way. You have certainly posted what I consider some unrighteous things so forsake those as well.

Repentance is the one area Fundamentalists are fond in calling on others to do but quite loathe to establish in their own lives. By the way, repentance is not a one-time and done deal. It is daily--like Bible reading and prayer.

I DO love you, and that's why I rebuke you in the name of Jesus. Now THAT is something fundamentalists can understand.

Hang on to that Bible. Nail it to a cross and see if it bleeds. My hope and faith is in the Living Son of God, not the recorded word of witnesses dead now for centuries.

In many respects your posts remind me of tthttf. Have you resurrected under a new handle? Go over the closed thread that is something about "If God hates homosexuals what does He think of homosexual marriage." You'll feel right at home with him if you are not him. He reminded us all repeatedly that his god wants gays killed.

And Paul is the go to guy for every good fundamentalist. The rest of us lean more heavily on Jesus.

Why is it that sometimes the most Christlike people are they who have no religion at all?
Never said that 'God wants gays killed'... I said God wants them to be set free from their spiritual bondage. I said that we are supposed to lead them into the truth because the truth will set them free. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but chances are, most Homosexuals (who do not believe in Jesus) probably lead better lives than you do. You probably have more repenting than they do... I suggest you get on it because times are getting short.

God is longsuffering friend... But the day is coming;

Mal 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

TC

Old 04-02-2015, 11:40 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
...snip...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but chances are, most Homosexuals (who do not believe in Jesus) probably lead better lives than you do. You probably have more repenting than they do... I suggest you get on it because times are getting short.
...snip...
TC
You were looking the mirror when you posted that, right?

If not, you should have been.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
TC,

They don't quote Scripture, they misuse and twist the Scriptures to justify their wicked lifestyles...

By their fruits ye shall know them... America is supposedly 70% Christian-yet look at its 'fruit'.

You must surely be blind if you cannot see what America's 'Christianity' has turned into in these last days.
It is sick...

TC

Old 04-02-2015, 11:42 AM

18,509 posts, read 9,185,869 times
Quote:
And GOD'S people all said---A M E N !
But the Christian Right believes that THEY are God's people. Do you think they are wrong?

Quote:
Not that we are fond of calling chapter and verse. We tend to be more free thinking and rely on our FAITH to support our actions.
The Christian Right believes that it has faith too. Are you implying that they do not?

Old 04-02-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude

And GOD'S people all said---A M E N !And GOD'S people all said---A M E N !

The more you cheer for the success of the wicked, the worse its going to be... The signs of judgment are already upon you America... God has given you oppressive rulers and is taking away your freedom. Droughts are upon your waters, your cities are filling with disease, and strangers are taking away your wealth. The more American 'Christians' accept and condone ungodly behavior, the worse it is going to get for your nation... Repent of this wickedness while you have time.

Psa 9:16 The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

TC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity