Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:04 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you were a friend . . .you wouldn't have to ask!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
friendship should not not trump morals
I have friends who are alcoholics
I love them, but don't condone their lifestyle
I would not show me condoning their lifestyle by showing up at one of their booze parties
The only morals God wants you to be concerned about are YOURS. Ignoring the insulting comparison . . . who appointed you the condoner of anything??? Friends are not about condoning or not condoning . . . MYOB.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:49 AM

950 posts, read 923,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Well, let me correct that problem in perception with a coupe of videos including the King of the Jungle. The first is a trio of male Lions. Hang in there to near the end, when the lion laying down gets up---it's a MALE, and a younger one at that. They don't call their groups a "Pride" for no reason!

Or how about the largest land animal?

And plenty of other animals practice homosexuality as well.

Human beings aren't even the MOST gay animal in the world.
See how you're preconceived notions can be dispelled with research?

I think this also says something about, dare I say it? EVOLUTION!!!

I do wonder when all those animals LEARNED or CHOSE to be gay!
Do you even know the difference between " homosexual" and " bi sexual"

Nearly all animals are bisexual.

How many animals in those videos are " homosexual" and thus have no sexual interest in females ?

Please learn terminology before trying to prove a point !

Old 04-05-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The only morals God wants you to be concerned about are YOURS. Ignoring the insulting comparison . . . who appointed you the condoner of anything??? Friends are not about condoning or not condoning . . . MYOB.

..."friends are not about condoning or not condoning"......

Seems most of the posters here who support gay marriage state your present at a gay marriage ...is.. condoning.

Evidently, you read few of the posts.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:57 AM

Here is how most threads about homosexuals progress...........

(a) early on the theme is...."Jesus loved and associated with sinners"

(b) mid stage of thread......." gay marriage is not a sin"

(c)near the end of thread......" there is no God "

I guess if one leads a gay lifestyle, (c) is the easiest to justify gay marriage/gay lifestyle

Old 04-05-2015, 10:19 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,186 times
Quote:

I guess if one leads a gay lifestyle, (c) is the easiest to justify gay marriage/gay lifestyle
So, sayeth a fundamentalist ideologue. Your very own lifestyle is suspect. God sees you. There is always hope you will turn from the dark side.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:22 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,186,261 times
Quote:

Being gay isn't a "lifestyle". It's just who they are. That's like saying having brown eyes is a "lifestyle" or being left handed is a "lifestyle".

Why do people get so confused on being gay? It's just who you are and how you're born. There's no lifestyle or agenda or anything else there other than just living your normal life. Just the same as people who were born straight.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:34 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Do you even know the difference between " homosexual" and " bi sexual"

Nearly all animals are bisexual.

How many animals in those videos are " homosexual" and thus have no sexual interest in females ?

Please learn terminology before trying to prove a point !
The lions in the video are not having sex. Dogs do it too, and the humper can be male of female. It is play, and show of dominance.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:39 AM

440 posts, read 377,301 times
It seems to be one of those things some christians repeat and repeat, but never take the time to think about that they repeat.

There is nothing about being homosexual that is a lifetsyle.
You live your life just like anyone else, no bible, no beliefs, no rituals, no ceremonies.

Being a christian is a lifestyle.
You folow a book, beliefs, rituals and ceremonies.
Although, most don't really follow them to the letter, but when it comes to condemning, stigmatising and oppressing groups of people they deem them "abominable" they love to throw all those verses at them.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:53 AM

440 posts, read 377,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The lions in the video are not having sex. Dogs do it too, and the humper can be male of female. It is play, and show of dominance.
That's actually not true. These animals are usually observed showing signs of seduction as well as some rubbing of the fur on each other, etc.

Another example is dolphins. It is very common that some dolphins form same-sex couples for life. They have some seduction and sex games such as one of them rubbing their penis on their partners's body.

Other animals species form same-sex couples and take care of eggs as in the case of penguins and black swans, also forming same-sex couples for life.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:56 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,806,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I have a friend who I have known for years, but they turned to the gay lifestyle a few years ago and is now getting married. I dont support the LGBT lifestyle and even though they are a good friend, its still a surprise to me and I dont agree of her new lifestyle.

Would it be wrong as a Christian to attend a gay wedding supporting her as a friend or should I just stay away from it all together?
If you have to ask, the answer is obviously 'no'.

And, frankly, I have no idea how anyone peddling the 'lifestyle' nonsense can reasonably be construed as a friend to any gay person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity