Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 06:06 AM

709 posts, read 378,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Romans 4 has been on my mind a lot lately. Specifically Abraham. God calls what is not as if it were. For
Abraham, this was twofold. He would be the father of many nations even at the time he was childless and
Sarah's reproductive system was dead. He was righteous even when he wasn't. All he did was believe God
and God reckoned it to him for righteousness. Paul said this was not written because of him only but
because of us also to whom righteousness is about to be reckoned who are believing on Him.

We are righteous even while our righteousness is like filthy rags. Like Abraham we believe God. But we
believe God concerning His Son's death, entombment and being roused from the dead.

Isn't it nice to know God sees you are perfectly righteous?
Do not deceive your self, because this time of the world seems to have not righteous people's, but instead there is lots of people's who want to hear the they are righteous even though they not.

What good you may win for that, if you win your life for you by lies, but you receive the eternal pain for you souls?

It is predicted that the heart of man of the last day's will be a far away from God, but why you do not teach that?

Because it is predicted also that people's will search the teachers according to they own desires, so that they may hear that everything is good, even though is not.

The time what we live now is the predicted last time's.

Wake up, and be truthful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 08:21 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
Do not deceive your self, because this time of the world seems to have not righteous people's, but instead there is lots of people's who want to hear the they are righteous even though they not.

What good you may win for that, if you win your life for you by lies, but you receive the eternal pain for you souls?

It is predicted that the heart of man of the last day's will be a far away from God, but why you do not teach that?

Because it is predicted also that people's will search the teachers according to they own desires, so that they may hear that everything is good, even though is not.

The time what we live now is the predicted last time's.

Wake up, and be truthful
So are you saying Paul is a liar? He very clearly told the nations if they believe God that Christ died for their sins, was entombed and roused the third day they are righteous, they are justified, they are saved.
It is a pity you don't see it. Paul also said "Not for all is the faith."

Old 05-21-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the one area that I bluntly disagree with and turned me way early in life was the "died for your sins". I think I was in the third grade or something. I am not really sure, but it was early and it was this. I asked, I stated, then I proclaimed in the end. "no way he did that if he made us". A few "wild life shows" later I knew they had the traits wrong. Then Sagan sealed it for me '80. Back when we had 7 channels.

not that you care, I am just saying teaching this to children is not Christ like. He meant "I came to teach you and save you from ignorance."
If you don't believe Christ died for our sins then you are not righteous nor justified nor saved. Ask God to show you the truth about this. Re-read Romans 4 and 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 over and over till it sinks in.

Even Christ said He had to die and be roused the third day.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
If we do boast, would not God have known we would boast? Therefore, boasting would not only be expected, but demanded since God knew it would happen.
It is impossible to boast in salvation if one TRULY knows it is God Who saved us and not we ourselves.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:51 AM

709 posts, read 378,031 times
Quote:
So are you saying Paul is a liar? He very clearly told the nations if they believe God that Christ died for their sins, was entombed and roused the third day they are righteous, they are justified, they are saved.
It is a pity you don't see it. Paul also said "Not for all is the faith."
I do not say, that my brother Paulos is a liar, but I say that today's believer's are the liar's.

Jesus Christ died for our sins, and now we may live trough him, and come clean for our sins,

The one who say that he believe in the Lord, will purify himself for all kind of wrongness, but today's believer's have not do that, instead you seems to seek all kind of way to do sin, and be saved in same time, but that is not real message of our Lord.

If you truly believe in Lord Jesus, you will purify your selves as he is pure.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:20 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But being an omniscient GOD, He knew Abraham would be RIGHTEOUS...but prior to Abraham actually doing it, God had prior knowledge that he would show himself righteous...OR are you saying that GOD was taken completely by surprise at Abraham's decision?
Ask God. He chooses what to know and what not to know or He is not all powerful. He does have a choice to know or not know and he gave Abraham one and He gives us choices and waits to see what we do.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:29 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Ask God. He chooses what to know and what not to know or He is not all powerful. He does have a choice to know or not know and he gave Abraham one and He gives us choices and waits to see what we do.
So everything is NOT written in "stone" (like the commandments were said to be) and we do have choices and there really are ALTERNATE routes each can take in life..

Old 05-21-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
I do not say, that my brother Paulos is a liar, but I say that today's believer's are the liar's.

Jesus Christ died for our sins, and now we may live trough him, and come clean for our sins,

The one who say that he believe in the Lord, will purify himself for all kind of wrongness, but today's believer's have not do that, instead you seems to seek all kind of way to do sin, and be saved in same time, but that is not real message of our Lord.

If you truly believe in Lord Jesus, you will purify your selves as he is pure.
Did I even hint that if one believes God, and God says such a one who believes is righteous, that we can therefore do whatever we want? No, I never even hinted at such an idea. So why do you accuse me of such an idea?

The fact is: God says such ones ARE RIGHTEOUS should they believe HIM that Christ died for our sins, was entombed and roused the third day. (Romans 4:21-25).

IT IS ONLY AFTER one is declared righteous and justified and saved (due to believing Him) that it is IDEAL to walk according to love. It is not a LAW to have to do so. We just do so out of love for God and Christ.

Do you see anything wrong with this?

Old 05-22-2015, 08:11 AM

Could it be that the ones who oppose the truth that one is declared righteous by God for just believing God that Christ died for our sins, was entombed and roused again the third day according to Romans 4 and 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, is that those who oppose want something to boast in?

They want to boast that *they made the right choices.* or *they did all the right things.* or *they went to church, paid their tithes, cooked cookies for vespers etc.*

Paul said "Where then is boasting? It is debarred."

Old 05-22-2015, 09:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Died for their sins, or according to the Bible?
Or, he died "because of" humanities actions?

And was buried (entombed), but later, was raised from the dead.

There are those who see it as: He overcame, sin and death.
Not that he became sin in order to free you from the inevitable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity