Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 11:03 AM

709 posts, read 378,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Were those the only commandments or ... a summation just as they were of the law? You know kinda like a Bill of Rights and then new laws to fit his followers in more detail.
If you keep those, you keep the rest of commandments too, and all the rest of true and right values of God, and you are willing to learn more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 10:49 PM

45,647 posts, read 27,268,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me.
Oh? What happens when you sin? Or when you don't do what you should? Is the Lord still one with you?

Old 06-25-2015, 11:44 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,939,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Were those the only commandments or ... a summation just as they were of the law? You know kinda like a Bill of Rights and then new laws to fit his followers in more detail.
Miss. We are not under law. As Paul said, law is for those who do bad things, essentially because they do not live in love. There are NO laws that are not subject to review under the basis for the New Covenant: the New Commandment. The Law teally was "a schoolmaster to bring us to Christ." If you have come to Christ, there is no need for law because the purpose of law is fulfilled in love. Where are your schoolteachers now, expatCA?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:52 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,789,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Oh? What happens when you sin? Or when you don't do what you should? Is the Lord still one with you?
I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of the Lord who sent me.

I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me , he has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Miss. We are not under law. As Paul said, law is for those who do bad things, essentially because they do not live in love. There are NO laws that are not subject to review under the basis for the New Covenant: the New Commandment. The Law teally was "a schoolmaster to bring us to Christ." If you have come to Christ, there is no need for law because the purpose of law is fulfilled in love. Where are your schoolteachers now, expatCA?
Matthew 5:14

"You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid.
15 No one after lighting a lamp puts it under the bushel basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house.
16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.
17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.
18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
19 Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:53 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,938,819 times
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit ,spicifically so the believer can be obedient to God on a real time basis ,Not dependdent on the teachings of men nor old testament instruction to those in the past.
Notce Jesus said, ' I only do those things My Father instructs Me ".
This is quite iteral not figurative .
And the responsibility is quite literal.
At Jesus death on the cross the vail of the temple was torn top to bottom ,signifying the firing of the priest hood, with the access granted with out the need of other men ,in order to have instruction from God.
They that repent of self govern and recieve Jesus and His govern, can too recieve the born again healing, and the introduction to the Holy Spirit Jesus promised .
Obedience is the key to salvation , not obedience to the letter or one's own inturpretation of scriptures, but to God on a first hand real time relationship.
It is not noble works one does of their own invention, because it is widely acceped by men , these can actually NOT be the will of God for spicific situation .
God deals with things quite precisely, not blanket policies men tend to invent/support, to think to have a handle on God .
IF Jesus Is Lord in one's life, then it is He calling the shots, not self or some one/some thing else. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Even if one uses His name successfully healing an casting out deamons ,with out His govern ,it is a demonstration of rebellion, not servitude.
It is not something assumed because," I " am connected to such and such a belief system/church/independent studdy.
God know's the truth in a man , though he may decieve himself and others, and obedience is much more then mere thought .
Believing means one actually get's IN the boat and obeys the captan taking orders how the boat is to be operated ,
Not every one "doing what is right in their own eyes" . Which is the failure of Isreal through out the scriptures and their current existance.
Falsely calling Jesus Lord, does not make it so ,and constitutes a lie, God os forced to Judge not defend.
In the beginning of Jesus ministry He said Blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled .
Righteousness is obedience ,real time.
Not what I think is right ( because I have scriptres that show where God instructed such and such to some one), but what He currently for this event says is right.
Any one can call them self christian ,few actually choose to obey Him.
Wide is the gate to distruction and many there be which go in there at ,
but narrow is the way to life, and few there be that find it. Jesus.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:41 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,989,474 times
Quote:
Jesus said those who hear the word of the Lord and keep it are blessed. He said those who love Him keep His word.
He also said He knows God and kept His word.

So if Jesus kept God's word then those who love God must keep His word just as Jesus did unless there is more than one way to keep His word.

How did Jesus keep God's word?

How do you keep God's word?
By cutting off your hand if it offends you or by plucking out your eye if it offends you.

We of the nations are not to do the things to DO Christ gave to Israel or to His disciples to DO. We are not the Circumcision nor are we Israel. We are the nations. We no longer follow Christ according to the flesh but follow the risen Christ according to the Apostle He set up for the nations, the apostle Paul.

The sermon on the mount is the law on steroids. We are not under law but under grace.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:42 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,989,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC
Quote:
I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of the Lord who sent me.

I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me , he has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.
DRob4JC, I think what Peacegiver is saying is that if he does not ALWAYS to what pleases Him then Christ will no longer be with him.
How that is peace giving is beyond me.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
By cutting off your hand if it offends you or by plucking out your eye if it offends you.

We of the nations are not to do the things to DO Christ gave to Israel or to His disciples to DO. We are not the Circumcision nor are we Israel. We are the nations. We no longer follow Christ according to the flesh but follow the risen Christ according to the Apostle He set up for the nations, the apostle Paul.

The sermon on the mount is the law on steroids. We are not under law but under grace.
Cannot be. Jesus sent the disciples to all the nations to make disciples like Himself. He did not send Paul.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
Quote:
How do you keep God's word?
By remembering It, focusing on It...
but you first have to know what It is.
Naturally, It is not anything written...It was in the beginning before there were pens or
vocal chords...It is the Invisible Force within everything...That which is keeping your body warm
and making your fingernails grow while you sleep tonight...the Power behind your breath.

To know what the Word is and focus the Mind on it...is everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity