Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 10:06 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The dung beetle makes waste worth its time.
What dung beetle wouldn’t want this for a bumper sticker?

Old 10-24-2018, 05:20 AM

241 posts, read 95,357 times
Default people who tend to be self righteous often pay attention to the sin of others

people often are eager to 'throw stones' at those they deem inferior or unrighteous

the heart is a measure of ones moral compass. the self righteous tend to judge, even when their heart is alerting them to refrain. after the judgement, they feel a sort of melancholy that derives from the harmful or untrue words that they have said

the heart is a measure of ones moral compass.

that is why jesus proclaimed this on the hill:

Luke 6:37 (KJV) Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

people often seek to judge, but not to love.

love does not equate as being an over emotional bleeding heart. rather, love means being tolerant by challenging ones self to be tolerant.

as individuals, we are born with our own unique personal quirks that interfere with us being loveable or happy all the time.. that is fine. because we are not perfect.

jesus said that the second most important thing was this: love thy neighbor as thyself

this parable illustrates my example:

Luke 18:9-14

World English Bible (WEB)

He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others. “Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: ‘God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortionists, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn’t even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Old 10-24-2018, 06:02 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So the elderly women who get rectal cancer... are you and your God especially angry with them as well?
You can't refute the evidence, so you deflect with nonsense. Pathetic.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You can't refute the evidence, so you deflect with nonsense. Pathetic.
You said that rectal cancer was proof that people can’t get away from Gods judgment. What did the elderly ladies do to deserve that judgment?

And what do you have to say in response to Hannibal’s post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't have much of an opinion of what you say doctors say, but you say this is God's judgment?

It doesn't make rational sense at all, it's like two families living in the same neighborhood who go to the same church, but a tornado comes and kills one of them, and then the survivor is shown on tv talking about the miracle of God and how it protected and saved her.

People die all the time, is God just judging one kind of people or is he just killing us all?...

<snipped>

Old 10-24-2018, 07:24 AM

88,622 posts, read 84,875,076 times
To believe that cancer or AIDS or any other disease is a punishment from God is primitive and ridiculous.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
To believe that cancer or AIDS or any other disease is a punishment from God is primitive and ridiculous.
The primitive things of God are better than the deceived.

1 Corinthians 1
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called :
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You said that rectal cancer was proof that people can’t get away from Gods judgment. What did the elderly ladies do to deserve that judgment?

And what do you have to say in response to Hannibal’s post?
Read the aforementioned Scripture.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:39 AM

88,622 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
The primitive things of God are better than the deceived.

1 Corinthians 1
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called :
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
This has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. God gave us brains, and we use them to know that viruses and cancer cells have nothing to do with punishment, as excited as some might get by the idea that they do.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Read the aforementioned Scripture.
I did. So your answer to my question is that the elderly women got rectal cancer because God was judging them, but you don’t know why? And your response to Hannibal is that the neighbor who was killed in a tornado was also being judged. And since you are going to die, you are being judged by God as well. And God is simply systematically killing all of us one by one as judgment.

So, the question remains... since you believe God is killing everyone, why are you particularly angry with people who are gay?

Old 10-24-2018, 09:40 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. God gave us brains, and we use them to know that viruses and cancer cells have nothing to do with punishment, as excited as some might get by the idea that they do.
Don’t you think diseases, etc. are the result of the fall of mankind, noted in Genesis 3?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity