Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 08:44 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I agree. I hope Geekgurl finds a partner that is just the right person. She is very kind.

Some say MARRIAGE is made in heaven....

-------------------but remember, so is thunder and lightening!

Thank you Rain, and bless you.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
As a Christian I love you (I don't mean romantically lol) as with anyone here who has differing views.

*le sigh*

There goes another one...

I love you too, atgss! And thank you!

Old 07-17-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Because some of us used that religion to find one pathway to God, despite the flaws inherent in that and every religion.

Placing too much faith in the collection of writings called the Bible is idolatry. It's understandable. Man wants something physical and concrete and tangible to to strengthen their his faith--that's why they used to make statues and golden calves--but taking the leap into the unknown and intangible is the better, albeit scarier, way to attain a higher spirituality.

I'll add that when you do make that leap into the unknown, and He's there, and He catches you, the joy is indescribable. No matter how bad things get, no matter how much I hurt, no matter how hard I'm sobbing; that joy, the ever present joy in knowing that Christ loves us, and He is always there, is indescribable

Old 07-17-2018, 09:08 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
You and I read that and got completely different meanings.

One of the truths I see here is that it's okay (even fun) to criticize and disrespect the teachings of the Bible and those who attempt to follow those teachings on their daily walk.

Much like the redhead who gets teased daily, "why do Christians get angry about...?"

Why do you think, OP?
you and I read the ancient book and get TWO totally absolutely different meanings.

Does that mean one of us is more right or that one is absolutely wrong?

Old 07-17-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'll add that when you do make that leap into the unknown, and He's there, and He catches you, the joy is indescribable. No matter how bad things get, no matter how much I hurt, no matter how hard I'm sobbing; that joy, the ever present joy in knowing that Christ loves us, and He is always there, is indescribable

WOW!!!

I just gotta say your posts bring me much JOY and STRENGTH!!

It ain't rocket science, but for some it is as foreign as the Beatitudes...

Old 07-17-2018, 09:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If you want to set off most conservative Christians get on the topic of homosexuality or gay rights. The anger most of them have regarding this issue is unfathomable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMama2006 View Post
You're attempting to be inflammatory and cause a scene.
That seems rather obvious. Projection?

Old 07-17-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I think you are in for a bit of a rude surprise. Many who claim to be “Christian” mock and denegrate the Scriptures. Others twist and warp Biblical verses to suit their own beliefs. However, there is a small handful of believers spreading the Truth.
God or scripture?

Which does humanity follow?

I do my best to spread the "truth" on a daily basis...just so many darn Pharisees to overcome...

Old 07-17-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And yet, so many of you keep coming back for more.

Bwahahahaha.....

Old 07-17-2018, 12:08 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
I feel within the next 10 years Christians will decide that Christianity is perfectly fine with homosexuality (I mean it's not going away, it's just innocent people born that way). I believe deep down they realize now what a pickle they're in. They can't as a group keep pushing back on being gay, because I think they've already realized there's nothing wrong with it at the end of the day and it's just tormenting and harassment of innocent souls.

I would imagine in 10 years the message will change and they'll be perfectly fine with gays and all this yelling and screaming of the past few decades will be slipped under the rug like it never happened.

I would hope people don't forget.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post
Well it isn't labeled Christian Philosophy, I think you were told wrong.
It's not my forum but mho is....you shouldn't need to be a Christian to post here.
As long as you are respectful to the religion by recognizing the bible as the authority,,,,you should be allowed to stay

God is my Authority, NOT the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity