Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 01:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Moderator cut: Post deleted for a rule violation.

I'm not gay but I'm happy to tar fundamentalist Muslims with the same brush I do Christian fundies like you. They are despicable.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-15-2018 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted

Old 07-15-2018, 01:46 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Certainly that reaction is apparent from many of the fundies here. Fundamentalism teaches hate.
Unfortunately, those type of reactions seem impervious to logical reasoning. Maybe emotional reasoning stands a chance at working since that's how the idea was implanted. That's how I got free at least.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:47 PM

643 posts, read 330,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
I'm sure many Chrsitians would abort a homosexual baby if science could tell the sexual orientation of the fetus.

Just like one can teach a kid love one can also teach a kid hate.

The Christian hate against homosexual people feeds that dark side in human beings that needs to spew hatred and violence with some sort of unjustified justification.
Your first paragraph really opens up a can of worms.

When the sexual orientation of a child can be detected in the womb, it will be the hypocrites known as pro-abortion liberal women who will be getting the abortions.

Pro-life Christians have always ACCEPTED whatever GOd gave then including babies they knew would have physical/mental limitations.

It is the LIBERAL women , who out of one side of their mouth spout their support of gays, lesbians, and transvestites, but certainly would not one in their " perfectly planned" family of one boy/one girl.

A liberal pro-abortion woman who uses careful planning ( contraceptives/abortions) to get her two "perfect " children will be the ones using abortion to rid themselves of giving birth to a homosexual child.

In the future, science moves fast, what I posted above will be a reality.

Only pro-life women will be giving birth to babies discovered to be homosexual while still in the womb.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:53 PM

88,622 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
- 1 Corinthians 6:9
Paul wrote this. It reflects the time and religious culture in which he lived.

Quote:
The job of the gay person is to justify their perversion and to deny Biblical truth in the matter.
Nah, the job of the gay person is to learn that he or she is acceptable exactly as they were created and worthy of love just like everyone else.

Quote:
Shift blame or attack the messenger or point to a different form of sin for justification or simply change the subject - none of these tactics can adequately defend against that which is expressly forbidden.

I may just as truly ask why gay folks are so vehement in evading the subject and defending acts that open the gate to demonic influence if not overt possession itself?

Hatred of those who live right lives before God and who desire to live their beliefs honestly and with as much integrity as is humanly possible is the rule of the day by gays. There is no effort to seek truth or to respect others who do.
I'm sure your mind has conjured up some colorful illustration that goes along with that curious statement, but I'm eating right now and would rather not know.

Quote:
And it isn't just Christians who say this...it is expressly forbidden by Islam as well.

But I see no statements by brave gays who wish to openly oppose the statements of Mohammad [pbuh] or the Holy Qur'an.

I wonder why?
Probably because in the United States, it's not Muslims who are making the most noise about what an abomination they are.

Fortunately, they are learning that not all Christians consider them thus.

Quote:
that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Those nice young men in their clean white coats will be along to get you down again soon.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I'm not gay but I'm happy to tar fundamentalist Muslims with the same brush I do Christian fundies like you. They are despicable.
They come from the same roots, so the similarities should not be surprising to anyone. The Abrahamic religions were particularly susceptible to legalism and the accompanying power grab and self-righteousness that goes along with that way of thinking.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:01 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,849,489 times
Quote:
Agreed. And though it's not politically correct to say it out loud, very many are lacking the cognitive ability to assess situations accurately and rationally.

That, and their complete lack of even a baseline level of empathy or compassion

Old 07-15-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
That, and their complete lack of even a baseline level of empathy or compassion
This is a very good point. When your main concentration is on "Right or Wrong", that leaves less room for kindness and compassion.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
It does not -never has -getting up in my face with your stuff does bother me

Old 07-15-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See homosexuality was still illegal in about twelve state on and before 2002, where other states legalized it before 1970 and some ten states legalized it in the 1980s to the 1990s , so the ideas are relatively new for many people ....,,,,,,,,,,.. Still the lady in Kentucky who blocked the marriages licenses from being given was not a politically Republican conservative Christian ,but a Political registered Democratic Christian........................ Still the devil who gives rise to Sexually diverse was released on America back in the 1970 when Homosexuality was legalized , so the marriages of today is to late as the devil been released out of the abyss years ago ......So if Conservative Christians are angry that this is also the manipulation of some dark spiritual forces which should be resisted

What the AF?!

So Satan was unleashed from Hell because being gay was decriminalized in the 70's. Not for any other reason. Not due to the genocide of Native Americans. Not due to slavery, or Jim Crow. Not due to white Christians hanging men of color right after church on Sunday. Not because of any other reason, but because "ZOMG TEH GAY!!!".

Beliefs like this really make me sick. I mean "Technicolor power puke" sick.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Christians are now expected to "celebrate" what the Bible teaches is sin. Yes, there are many other sins and we all sin. But this we are to "celebrate." And if you dare speak disagreement you are a bigot. There is no discussion. Celebrate or shut-up. So, yes, it can be an emotional issue.

When you believe a bunch of wacky bigoty crap, yeah, you totally are. Also, lying is a sin. We never asked you to celebrate a damn thing. All we've ever asked for is to be treated equally under the law, and for folks like you to leave us the hell alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity