Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 09:54 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
I'm sure many Chrsitians would abort a homosexual baby if science could tell the sexual orientation of the fetus.

Just like one can teach a kid love one can also teach a kid hate.

The Christian hate against homosexual people feeds that dark side in human beings that needs to spew hatred and violence with some sort of unjustified justification.
This may be true. Funny thing about all the anti-abortion Christians is that after a baby is born to a poor mother, they despise it when they need welfare, government assistance, etc... They only love the fetus, not the actual children.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:12 PM

6,793 posts, read 2,904,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
This may be true. Funny thing about all the anti-abortion Christians is that after a baby is born to a poor mother, they despise it when they need welfare, government assistance, etc... They only love the fetus, not the actual children.
Similarly so when the fetus becomes an adult person. Everyone in the prison system - generally hated by the public - was once a much loved fetus.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:29 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Once again you've decidedly taken the opposition to the truth side and attempt to find fault where there isn't any.

If any thing being that Freak80 was "raised in the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod. My father is actually a minister in that denomination" and yet constantly persists in what he says here makes him the one who is "yelling" per your definition .... however, you will continue to be dismayed for as long you take the side of those who oppose the truth over against those of us who do not compromise the truth of God's Word the Bible.

Here is a suggestion for the misdirected "not yelling" advice ... save it for zthatzmanz28
Sorry for the delayed response. I was busy yesterday.

Just because I question your post on Freak's comments not being consist with biblical theology or whatever yours actually is doesn't mean I'm "taking a opposition to the truth." Neither You nor your very conservative WELS denomination have a monopoly on the truth and if you think you do, you're just playing the pharisee in my opinion. I'm still waiting for you to explain how his post/understanding is not consistant with either mainstream Christian theology or your theology. I can see some "potential" misunderstandings in what he said but since it does seem to somewhat mirror the speck/plank analogy, I also see alot of truth reflected in that view based on my own understandings (I spent a year on the road with Youthencounter so I'm quite familiar with most Lutheran ideas) so I'm wondering what your issue with it is.

I'll be the first to admit I'm often very hard on fundamentalists here but I do so because they are bringing a particular represention of Christianity (and therefore myself as well) to non-Christians and often coming off as closeminded, judgmental, and "holier than thou." 90%+ of the times Jesus acted even remotely close to this way was when he was talking to Pharisees. Freak80 is the Athiest here who is a former Lutheran and is not always come off as the nicest or humble person here either, but he does often contribute good honest questions such as the last one. We should not be afriad to answer them the best we can and be as polite as possible rather than just reinforce a persons decision to walk away from Christianity by coming off as those three things I mentioned above.

Last edited by Jrhockney; 09-14-2015 at 03:45 PM..

Old 09-15-2015, 04:13 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
kim davis would have to be killed while she's defending her beliefs in order to qualify as a martyr. She's just a greedy, attention seeker.
^^^^^^^^
this!!!

Old 07-15-2018, 01:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,347 times
Yes, I'm agree with your point, But it seems a little bit extreme...

Old 07-15-2018, 08:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Franklin Graham says god would kill all LGBTQ people.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:17 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Franklin Graham says god would kill all LGBTQ people.
He sounds like a lovely Christian person.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:00 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
This is anecdotal to my sect but it looks like it applies to other sects as well. I was taught to have visceral reactions to certain things. Homosexuality was one of those things. It was "abhorrent, disgusting, perverted." It was often compared to incest or sex with animals. Then they lead you to try and imagine having sex with a family member or a dog and it makes a person recoil. They transfer that reaction onto homosexuals.

Another thing they got me to have that same reaction with was blood transfusions. I remember them saying it was like allowing someone to spit in your mouth. I donate blood now and was grossed out the first few doing it thinking about all the phobias they implanted.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This is anecdotal to my sect but it looks like it applies to other sects as well. I was taught to have visceral reactions to certain things. Homosexuality was one of those things. It was "abhorrent, disgusting, perverted." It was often compared to incest or sex with animals. Then they lead you to try and imagine having sex with a family member or a dog and it makes a person recoil. They transfer that reaction onto homosexuals.

Another thing they got me to have that same reaction with was blood transfusions. I remember them saying it was like allowing someone to spit in your mouth. I donate blood now and was grossed out the first few doing it thinking about all the phobias they implanted.

Certainly that reaction is apparent from many of the fundies here. Fundamentalism teaches hate.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:44 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

Once again, L8, thanks for this fascinating peek into your experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity