Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 10:44 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

False dichotomy, Sonja. Should be "Is the Bible your authority or is the guide Jesus promised."

Old 07-19-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
God declared the practice of homosexuality to be an abomination. You can sugar-coat it any way you'd wish, but he doesn't have a very high opinion of it.

Now, before anyone gets all bent out of shape and calls me a hater. It's not hatred to simply say what the bible teaches. I don't bash gay people, I don't go around insulting them, I don't believe they're second-class citizens. I don't mistreat them. They're people. Just like me, just like everyone else. But God DOES have a better plan for people than homosexuality. He desires us to live holy lives.
God also said not to seethe a kid in it's mothers milk, and failing to understand that the idea isn't a matter of a particular physical act, but of the practice of necromancy (seee Maimonides on the subject) the Jews set up an astonishingly elaborate system of rules to insure it couldn't happen accidentally. In the same way both Jews and Christians have failed to see that the specific injunction was about pagan worship practices and enforced 3,000 years of prejudice on the subject.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:41 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
God also said not to seethe a kid in it's mothers milk, and failing to understand that the idea isn't a matter of a particular physical act, but of the practice of necromancy (seee Maimonides on the subject) the Jews set up an astonishingly elaborate system of rules to insure it couldn't happen accidentally. In the same way both Jews and Christians have failed to see that the specific injunction was about pagan worship practices and enforced 3,000 years of prejudice on the subject.
So...because some rabbis built an elaborate system of rules around a specific command of God, you believe that we should just ignore the totality of Creation's testimony to the idea that men and women are created for each other, and that God blessed male/female marriage? Nevermind the explicit commands of God not to practice it, and the condemnation in the Old AND New Testaments of it?

OK..whatever, nate.

In any event, simply saying that I disagree with someone on their lifestyle does not suggest I hate them. I am not angry with homosexuals, and I do not advocate mistreating them.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:56 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
The real question is, why are people so hell-bent on destroying every Christian that dares to question the politically correct, accepted ideas about homosexuality?

Havent you been paying attention--All are being lead to this-Rev 16

Old 07-19-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Havent you been paying attention--All are being lead to this-Rev 16
True. People will abandon the truth in the end times. Some even deny the doctrine of the Trinity.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:58 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Conversation with GOD feeds the soul, empowers the spirit, and changes the world.

How is that? When the majority don't even know the true God?

Old 07-19-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
So...because some rabbis built an elaborate system of rules around a specific command of God, you believe that we should just ignore the totality of Creation's testimony to the idea that men and women are created for each other, and that God blessed male/female marriage? Nevermind the explicit commands of God not to practice it, and the condemnation in the Old AND New Testaments of it?

OK..whatever, nate.

In any event, simply saying that I disagree with someone on their lifestyle does not suggest I hate them. I am not angry with homosexuals, and I do not advocate mistreating them.
To bless one aspect of human sexuality and relationship is NOT to condemn others. We are a complex creation and ALL are loved by God. Why would one aspect of our sexuality that does NO intrinsic harm be condemned except by prejudice? You have a healthier attitude than most, but the idea that a loving relationship is wrong does it's own kind of harm, and it is not warranted.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
To bless one aspect of human sexuality and relationship is NOT to condemn others. We are a complex creation and ALL are loved by God. Why would one aspect of our sexuality that does NO intrinsic harm be condemned except by prejudice? You have a healthier attitude than most, but the idea that a loving relationship is wrong does it's own kind of harm, and it is not warranted.
And you know this........how? Don't tell me Jesus told you--because God said otherwise in the Bible. He has already stated that he condemns homosexuality. Why would you believe he contradicts himself?

Old 07-19-2018, 01:45 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:

OK..whatever, nate.

It's strange you are unable to see gay people as people, with all the same aspirations as you.

The NT condemnation of same sex relations was written to "Christians." All of you holier than thou folks forget to read Romans 2:1, and also ignore the fact that Rome--to whom Paul was writing--was filled with Temple prostitutes of both sexes. So you have the option to view same sex relations in two different ways.

But the fact that you are a "BaptistFundie" speaks volumes about your ability to point your finger at others while "dodging" such sins yourself. But Paul said YOU ARE GUILTY----YOU!

Jesus knew well our ability to use the Law to justify ourselves at the expense of others. Remember when He said not one jot nor tittle would pass from the Law? Yet He went on to reverse the Law, including the Commandments, six times.

The one that shows you are an adulterer, is the seventh commandment demanding we abstain from adultery. Jesus stated that "You have heard it said," (it wasn't said--it was written), and went on to point out that just lusting after a woman is EXACTLY the same thing as COMMITTING adultery. Now, I would think a lot of gay men could point their fingers at you about your "lust" for women because they have NOT lusted for women. It's exactly the same.

Fundamentalists almost always like to find people they can accuse of doing things they themselves never have. Jesus came to say that we are guilty whether or not we engage in the physical activity.

And here is what your "love the sinner, hate the sin" attitude has done to many gay Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhVZFmmV4Xo

You are nothing but a "Christian" bible reader hypocrite. Read it, I'm sure you have. Comprehended it? Your statements above show you are still worshiping the Bible, not the God who inspired it. You may not "intend" to hurt them, but you certainly are.

I knew a gay Southern Baptist Christian minister. Went to college with him. Dated his sister a time or two. He could play a gospel piano like nobody I'd ever heard in person. He loved God, loved His Bible, immersed himself in bible courses in school. Came to our SB church to preach (our pastor had been in school with both of us, too), and preached a great revival there.

Yet an adulterer like you will still say this man can't be a Christian. And that says all that needs to be said about your "christianity."

Now here is a Christian who repented of the sin you still carry--Alan Chambers, former head of ex-gay organization, Exodus International.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea10c6VXVx8
Chambers gives a personal example of when he did not mean hurt people in an auto accident---but did anyway--some with long term effects. So not intending to hurt someone, is still not an excuse for doing so.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 07-19-2018 at 01:58 PM..

Old 07-19-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
It's strange you are unable to see gay people as people, with all the same aspirations as you.
It's not only strange, but sad that you are unable to actually read what I wrote.

I never said gay people aren't people. They're normal, human beings. They are just like me in so many ways. I've never said otherwise. So please spare me the self-righteous garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity