Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2015, 01:47 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
You say it doesn't harm others, God says it is error. Which in my experience means it does harm others.
If God said it was error in itself, I would agree, but the point you need to address is just what the demonstrable harm IS.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:18 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If God said it was error in itself, I would agree, but the point you need to address is just what the demonstrable harm IS.
And if there is demonstrable harm, there's a second step - why government needs to prohibit it.

Eating too much food and the wrong kind of food causes demonstrable harm, but we don't have personal government inspectors monitoring our food intake. Nor should we.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:31 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
You say it doesn't harm others, God says it is error. Which in my experience means it does harm others.
I can't think of one way it harms others.

Since people are born gay, it can't make people turn gay.

I have never heard of a person assaulting a person and blaming it on being gay. Though the opposite happens quite frequently.

I have never heard being gay used as an excuse for theft.

I really can't see how it could possibly harm others.

I would like to see some examples of how it harms others.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,386 times
Quote:
Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins?
Perhaps, it is because murderers are not fighting for the right to kill people, perhaps because thieves are not fighting for the right to steal things.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:08 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nice View Post
Perhaps, it is because murderers are not fighting for the right to kill people, perhaps because thieves are not fighting for the right to steal things.
So fighting for the right to be treated the same as other people is in any way comparable? That is just miserable drivel.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:

Old 09-06-2015, 07:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Comparing gays to murderers and thieves isn't very nice. The attempt to lump gays in with evil-doers is mean-spirited and just flat-out nasty*.

I suggest a new user name.

*Never mind idiotic and a worn-out ploy used by fundies to demonize the LGBTQ community.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-06-2015 at 07:39 PM..

Old 09-06-2015, 07:57 PM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
God tosses a volley of adjectives about homosexuality ...
God tosses a volley of adjectives about homosexuality? Well, I have a King James Bible in my possession and I can't even find the word "homosexual" in its pages, let alone finding where God tosses a volley of adjectives about it. You DO know that the terms "homosexual/homosexuality" are only ever used in the corrupted versions of the Bible post-1946, do you not? You DO know that these modern terms replaced original terms in Greek that DID NOT refer to "homosexual/homosexuality", do you not? Evidently you don't. Moreover, do you know what those terms even mean? Well, a "homosexual" is one who is sexually attracted to others of the same gender just the same as a "heterosexual" is one who is sexually attracted to others of the opposite gender. Please note that there is no 'right or wrong' attached to one's sexual orientation. Sure, a homosexual person can 'sin' just as a heterosexual can 'sin'. However, the terms themselves are "sin-neutral" if I might use that term. **

An interesting thing occurred when the term "homosexual" was erroneously added to the Bible by modern authors. The term lost its ORIGINAL meaning, i.e. one's sexual attraction to others of the same gender, and became equated to ...SIN! SO, whenever homosexuality is preached from the pulpit it isn't preached as a sexual orientation but rather as 'A RACE OF PERVERTED PEOPLE WHO PRACTICE WHAT GOD CALLS AN ABOMINATION!' And, the 'sheeple' soak it up like the sponges that many of them are . . .

Quote:
...and the attitude of those in bondage. Wickedness, Evil, greedy, depraved, futile, their foolish hearts darkened! Romans 1:18-32 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against the godlessness and wickedness of people. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for degrading their bodies with another. God gave them over to shameful lusts. Women exchanging natural sexual acts to unnatural. Men abandoned natural sex with women. Men committed shameful acts with other men and received their DUE PENALTY for their error.
Romans 1:18-32, eh? Are you sure you know what Romans 1:18-32 is talking about? Well, correct me if you think that I'm wrong but Paul (WHO IS NOT GOD!!) is referring to those who once knew God but have now turned to the worship of created 'beings' made in the images of mortal man, animals, birds and reptiles. They are now participating in pagan worship practices which includes sexual fertility rites and shrine temple prostitutes. Remember what was going on with Moses' followers while he was away picking up the Ten Commandments from God on Mount Sinai? They built a golden calf and began to worship it and perform orgies as was (apparently) part of the worship practice of idols.

Are you familiar with the worship practices associated with idolatry? No? Then you need to clue yourself in as long as you're involving yourself in this topic. No point coming at this from a 'half-assed' perspective. For starters click "Cybele" on your keyboard. Cybele was a prominent manufactured worship character in Paul's day. Do a little research on 'idolatry' and you will get an idea as to what Paul appears to be talking about in Romans 1. Paul was NOT referring to homosexuality as WE today refer to that term. Incidentally, heterosexual sexual rituals were also performed within idolatry practices so, likewise, Paul is NOT referring to heterosexuality as WE today refer to that claim. Please don't think that others on this site are slouches when it comes to Bible savvy.

Quote:
So it isn't about hate it isn't about conservative people or so-called christians who are sinners.
Would you rather the terms "scriptural inept" or/and "religious brainwashing" that drives Christians to say and do things that are asinine as well as cruel? The result is still the same.

Quote:
Stop Referring to man and hear God.!! We are nothing to you!!!
STOP putting us at risk of injury and death via the collateral damage God is going to whip on our nation!!
God is a consuming fire and We straight brothas of anotha don't want your crap!!!
Hmmm ...nice rant. Now, would you care to address what I've stated above?

** "sin" ...such a stupid word!

Last edited by RomulusXXV; 09-06-2015 at 08:19 PM..

Old 09-06-2015, 08:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

Hmmm ...nice rant.

He's complained about having to bury the bodies after God expresses his displeasure over gays using the rainbow and wipes out everyone but the Christian preppers. One would think the smell alone would send them back into their basements.

Whether or not God is also going to wipe out things like turkey buzzards and carrion beetles remains unclear. They better hope not.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:43 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Abomination: Homosexuality Is An ABOMINATION In The Eyes Of God

The issue is that no one is trying to say that the others sins that you speak of are not a sin. They are not parading the streets trying to convince others that the sin they commit without guilt or shame is OK. As a Christian you are supposed to try with all your willpower to avoid sin which from everything I have seen, homosexuals don't especially when they "marry" unless they are living in a celibate state. That is the major issue between the sin of homosexuality and other sins, the acknowledgement that it is a sin and the attempt to sin no more.

It really is very easy to understand. If you aren't a Christian or of any of the other religions, of which there are several, then the laws do not apply to you so I don't see why one cares in that situation.
Feel free to show us where in the Old Testament God calls lesbians an abomination. If you can't, you've completely disproved your argument, since gay women are included in "homosexuality".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity