Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 11:02 AM

10,098 posts, read 5,764,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The point is, apparently Jesus wasn't under the impression that hanging out with people -- going to their homes, participating in their lives -- was tantamount to him encouraging them to sin. Quite the opposite, actually. When love shows up, it transforms.
Jesus never participated in sinful activities. He wouldn't have gone to a swingers party. He wouldn't have gone to a gay wedding either. You don't have to embrace the sin to love the person, but your side seems to think so.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:05 AM

88,859 posts, read 85,259,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Jesus never participated in sinful activities. He wouldn't have gone to a swingers party. He wouldn't have gone to a gay wedding either. You don't have to embrace the sin to love the person, but your side seems to think so.
I don't believe that for a second. Have you ever been to the wedding of two gay Christians? I have, and it was a joyful occasion for them. They'd been in a "civil union" until the law was changed, but their faith is important to them and they very much wanted a church wedding before a priest and their Christian community. They count that date as their true anniversary.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,272,491 times
Quote:
Jesus is not <cut> small and mean and nasty <cut>. Of course he would have attended a gay wedding.

And swingers swap spouses. Jesus didn't have a spouse, unless he was REALLY close to one or two of his gang of merry men and it went unreported. So, I agree the swingers' party attendance would probably be unlikely.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-03-2018 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: Editing personal remarks

Old 11-02-2018, 11:08 AM

45,761 posts, read 27,388,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Jeff, when the original authors penned the Bible, how many of them would have known what a homosexual - or a heterosexual for that matter - was? I'm just guessing but I would have to say ...zero. This is why all scriptural references to same gender sex practices MUST be interpreted within the context that they were written, i.e. sexual rituals and worship practices affiliated with pagan idols.
Genesis 19:1-7 - Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 And he said, "Now behold, my lords, please turn aside into your servant's house, and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way." They said however, "No, but we shall spend the night in the square." 3 Yet he urged them strongly, so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate. 4 Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; 5 and they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them." 6 But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him, 7 and said, "Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly.

Leviticus 18:22 - 'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - 'If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act;

The term may not have been defined, but the acts were done.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:11 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,434,753 times
Quote:

I think Jesus would participate in your life, Jeff, in spite of the active hatefulness with which you speak of people who are gay. He wouldn't practice or participate in that hatefulness, but he would embrace you, if you let him.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:14 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,272,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Genesis 19:1-7 - Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 And he said, "Now behold, my lords, please turn aside into your servant's house, and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way." They said however, "No, but we shall spend the night in the square." 3 Yet he urged them strongly, so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate. 4 Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; 5 and they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them." 6 But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him, 7 and said, "Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly.

So, the story goes. And then, like a good host, he offered his daughters for the men to sate their sexual desires -- even though, as it turns out, his daughters were saving their naughty bits for Daddy.

It's a ridiculous story which beggars belief except among children and the determinedly-childlike.

However, MQ once s'plained why the whole clumsy plot device was utilized in the first place. You should ask her to fill you in.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:31 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,960,567 times
Homosexual reprobates lash out at a former homosexual.

"An audition by one of X Factor Malta’s hopefuls has raised ire across social media after he described anything that isn’t a marriage between a man and a woman as a “sin”.

Matthew Grech, who is a singer and vocal coach, spoke about how he had been gay and how he used to lead a “homosexual lifestyle”, but then “found God”.

"For a long time, I stopped following my passions to follow Jesus. There can be love between two men and two women, yes - but only friendship love. Everything else is a sin”, Grech said in the clip shown before his audition was aired by Malta’s national broadcaster TVM."

Updated: Watch - X Factor audition raises ire after contestant describes gay marriage a 'sin' - The Malta Independent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUrBVTUBWE0

Old 11-02-2018, 12:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,442,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Leviticus 18:22 - 'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - 'If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act;

The term may not have been defined, but the acts were done.
When you want to get to know someone or have a relationship with them, it doesn't mean you want to rape them? The wickedness would be in you having that thought, which is the evil that is represented. However, don't forget that it was permissible for a man to rape a woman, under the marry-the-rapist-laws. And Lot offered up his daughters to defile their wedding gowns; as a white wedding dress won't cover up rape.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,442,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Baking a cake does not mean you are a member of the wedding party, nor have you been invited.

You are merely a vendor who is using and hiding behind his religion to discriminate against others.
And, yes, it would be discrimination on the basis of the individual if you serve or cater to the public.
Quote:
No it means I would have played a small role in helping a person's sinful act come off as a success.
In other words, you condemn people who are not like you?

Old 11-02-2018, 01:12 PM

10,098 posts, read 5,764,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't believe that for a second. Have you ever been to the wedding of two gay Christians? I have, and it was a joyful occasion for them. They'd been in a "civil union" until the law was changed, but their faith is important to them and they very much wanted a church wedding before a priest and their Christian community. They count that date as their true anniversary.
Jesus said marriage was for a man and a woman. No exceptions. He most certainly would not have celebrated sin. There are people feeling joyful and having faith in all kinds of false religions. Doesn't make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity