Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2019, 08:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
You have to look inward Finn, you must look at yourself and your own in the mirror.
Yes, that is always a good idea. I posted that myself on this thread.

Quote:
This very thread is that mirror. This message is NOT being preached.
The promoters of the gay agenda open these threads in order to portray Christians in bad light. Its hard to find threads more biased against Christians that this one.

Quote:
Evangelicals are known for what they are against, not what they are for.
That's pretty much the attitude I was referring to.

Quote:
We aren't preaching good news, aren't known for good news, aren't known for the gospel.... just what we condemn.
Like you said, you need to look in the mirror. If you find yourself condemning, then you can look in the mirror and ask yourself why. As fore Evangelicals in general, they are all about the Gospel aka the good news. They are reaching all kinds of people around the globe.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, that is always a good idea. I posted that myself on this thread.

The promoters of the gay agenda open these threads in order to portray Christians in bad light. Its hard to find threads more biased against Christians that this one.

That's pretty much the attitude I was referring to.

Like you said, you need to look in the mirror. If you find yourself condemning, then you can look in the mirror and ask yourself why. As fore Evangelicals in general, they are all about the Gospel aka the good news. They are reaching all kinds of people around the globe.
Will there ever come a time when you are honest with yourself?.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:45 AM

88,638 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
You have to look inward Finn, you must look at yourself and your own in the mirror. Even moreso, you must look at the message from the eyes of those you are hoping to reach. This very thread is that mirror. This message is NOT being preached. Evangelicals are known for what they are against, not what they are for.

Please, please see that we are not true Evangelicals anymore. Evangel means good news. We aren't preaching good news, aren't known for good news, aren't known for the gospel.... just what we condemn. If nothing else, let this thread change your own heart to just preach Jesus and let him have the job of straightening (pun intended) people out.
Good post, Saintmarks.

This thread was opened by an actual gay person who has been seriously mistreated by Christians because he was gay. He has posted more of his story elsewhere around the forum.

The "it's all a gay agenda" thing is a diversionary tactic, as I'm sure you've figured out on your own.

You are newer here, and I'm sure haven't read through this entire thread, but we have had gay and bi and even a trans poster here, and certain Christian posters have been very nasty to them. The most extreme posts had to be deleted.

However, there is always balance, and those of us whose Christian outlook gives us reason to believe we should stand up for the oppressed have spoken up for them, so despite some of the ugliness in this thread, the thread has also served as an opportunity for Christians to rise and support their LBGT brothers and sisters.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:49 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Will there ever come a time when you are honest with yourself?.
I flat-out guarantee that when his last breath rattles out of his lungs - Finny will have his reckoning. He will not be able to duck, dodge, deny, or deflect.

He will be forced to examine the ugliness that stains his spirit in excruciating detail.

It may well take an eternity.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:49 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,871,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Good post, Saintmarks.

This thread was opened by an actual gay person who has been seriously mistreated by Christians because he was gay. He has posted more of his story elsewhere around the forum.

The "it's all a gay agenda" thing is a diversionary tactic, as I'm sure you've figured out on your own.

You are newer here, and I'm sure haven't read through this entire thread, but we have had gay and bi and even a trans poster here, and certain Christian posters have been very nasty to them. The most extreme posts had to be deleted.

However, there is always balance, and those of us whose Christian outlook gives us reason to believe we should stand up for the oppressed have spoken up for them, so despite some of the ugliness in this thread, the thread has also served as an opportunity for Christians to rise and support their LBGT brothers and sisters.
Somewhere along the line, we evangelicals decided we could do the Holy Spirit's job better than he could. Apparently the Holy Trinity, the three of them, aren't ridding men and women of their sexual desires in an appropriate manner. Dang these converts that can't stick with normal heterosexual sin and are sullying our church rolls!

Old 05-28-2019, 08:56 AM

88,638 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
Somewhere along the line, we evangelicals decided we could do the Holy Spirit's job better than he could. Apparently the Holy Trinity, the three of them, aren't ridding men and women of their sexual desires in an appropriate manner. Dang these converts that can't stick with normal heterosexual sin and are sullying our church rolls!

Another sign of disconnect is their loss of a sense of humor! Jesus had to have had one, and if you read some of his stories with that in mind, you can "hear" it.

Nobody would have followed around a sour, unpleasant person preaching condemnation and doom for very long.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I flat-out guarantee that when his last breath rattles out of his lungs - Finny will have his reckoning. He will not be able to duck, dodge, deny, or deflect.

He will be forced to examine the ugliness that stains his spirit in excruciating detail. It may well take an eternity.
Eh If you are referring to a particular post of mine, why not quote it? I have asked the same question from my other accusers and they have not been able to provide one. False accusations are just that....false.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Somewhere along the line, we evangelicals decided we could do the Holy Spirit's job better than he could.
Have you tried correcting this error?

Old 05-28-2019, 09:22 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,384,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Have you tried correcting this error?
What is the Biblical view that you support and believe in reference to homosexuals in its entirety?

Old 05-28-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What is the Biblical view that you support and believe in reference to homosexuals in its entirety?
They are invited to the wedding feast just like everyone else. Even those evil, hateful, bigoted Christians are invited.

Are you coming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity