Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 01:10 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,952,398 times

Advertisements

You people didn't want the Bible in your schools, so now you've got metal detectors and security guards. Real geniuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 01:17 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You people didn't want the Bible in your schools, so now you've got metal detectors and security guards. Real geniuses.
Sound like a pizz poor design.

You should complain to the manufacturer for putting our a f'd up human design.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,224,648 times
Quote:
You can have my share of the cookies.

Consider it my gesture to offset all the bitterness and negativity you are are casting onto the world.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:21 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,413,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Okay, let me assume that you believe that Jesus considered the Pharisees his enemies, and this was your way of saying that, yes, you consider the people you condemn to hell as YOUR enemies who have done evil to you or harmed you and that has caused you to desire revenge against them.

May I ask how you feel you have been hurt by each of those groups (or individuals within the groups)?

HOW have you been harmed by

gay people?
transgender people?
nudists?
people who do not believe the same things that you do about the bible or God?
adults and children who were killed in the tsunami?

WHY do you think of them as your enemies?
Quote:
People used to not lock their doors; that speaks for itself. There were no metal detectors or security guards in the schools. Shall I continue?
Quote:
Scg, is it your opinion that gays, transgenders, nudists, people who do not believe the same as you about the bible and God, and the adults and children killed in the tsunami, are responsible for you not feeling safe in this world? Is that why you consider them your enemies?

Old 08-03-2016, 01:23 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,413,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You can have my share of the cookies.

Consider it my gesture to offset all the bitterness and negativity you are are casting onto the world.
Now, that's love.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:34 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,336,626 times
Quote:

In Canada we got rid of Bibles in schools as well ( I did not enjoy the readings from the NT as I was brought up a non religious Jew but even so I was not part of that Bible) we have had SSM for more than a decade, even the most conservative Prime Minister in my memory would not take up the topic of abortion, gay rights or religion in schools and yet the schools in my community of 62000 have no metal detectors at the schools and no security guards at the schools and I have never notices a security guard in a bank either other than when a Brinks truck was there. We took religion out of our politics a long time ago and the citizens tend to be less religious than our American neighbours and yet we do not have the extent of problems that you have in your inner cities and elsewhere.

There is a possibly that the problems in the schools may not be related to lack of Bibles there. In a thread in the other forum Jeff started a thread that crime was going up since the removal of the Bible readings however in looking at the data the crime rate in the US is still lower than then when the Bible was read in the schools. I am not claiming a correlations between taking the Bible out of the schools and the lower crime rate in the country but that your claim that the school problems are due to the lack of the Bible in the school. The reasons are unlikely related to religion or lack thereof.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,225,811 times
Quote:
People used to not lock their doors; that speaks for itself. There were no metal detectors or security guards in the schools. Shall I continue?
I haven't locked my doors (unless going away for more than a day) in 40 years.

There are no metal detectors or security guards in Canadian schools.

Shall I continue?

Old 08-03-2016, 02:30 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,952,398 times
badlander, I wouldn't take your word for it. If I was inclined, which I'm not, I would research it myself. Meanwhile, in the USA, you lock your doors, you don't let your children speak to strangers and you hope they make it home from school. Brilliant.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:32 PM

15,895 posts, read 6,357,004 times
Quote:
badlander, I wouldn't take your word for it. If I was inclined, which I'm not, I would research it myself. Meanwhile, in the USA, you lock your doors, you don't let your children speak to strangers and you hope they make it home from school. Brilliant.

I don't live in fear.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:34 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,573 times
Quote:
Bringing god back into the world you think it should be, how exactly would that allow me to keep my doors unlocked an allow my children to talk to strangers exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity