Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2016, 02:50 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Because God is unseen. I have faith in what has been visibly created was created by the Unseen (God).

I also have faith that what is unseen can manifest to seen by God.
But, how is the creation evidence? This seems to be a circular argument. Because you believe that God created the universe, you use this as evidence for your faith that God created the universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 04:18 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
But, how is the creation evidence? This seems to be a circular argument. Because you believe that God created the universe, you use this as evidence for your faith that God created the universe.
I believe because His spirit exists within me. I believe because He speaks to me through His Word in the Bible, through His creation and other outlets inspired by His spirit.

How does one explain receiving the ultimate Gift to others who have no understanding. How would one who can hear, explain a beautiful symphony to one who has been deaf from birth.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:30 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
4,000 years of wrong ideas is no recommendation. The issue IS justice and whether reaping what we sow is justice and going beyond that to infinite punishment for finite faults becomes INjustice.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:59 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
I believe because His spirit exists within me. I believe because He speaks to me through His Word in the Bible, through His creation and other outlets inspired by His spirit.

How does one explain receiving the ultimate Gift to others who have no understanding. How would one who can hear, explain a beautiful symphony to one who has been deaf from birth.
I'm sure you are aware of the testimonies from other religions that sound exactly as yours. How would an objective third party distinguish what you believe from those of other religions?

Old 06-21-2016, 08:18 PM

225 posts, read 112,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
4,000 years of wrong ideas is no recommendation. The issue IS justice and whether reaping what we sow is justice and going beyond that to infinite punishment for finite faults becomes INjustice.
But making ppl Suffer forever like they tried with me isn't a finite fault, it's an unforgivable sin, and you reap what you sow. When it happens to y'all....

Old 06-21-2016, 08:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
The letters of the New Testament were written down by men inspired by the Spirit of God under God's New Covenant with man. Are you actually suggesting these men lied? If so, then why are you quoting me in written scripture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Eternal torment is nowhere to be found within inspiration.
[It] can only be found in the twisted thoughts of men.

Quote:
Your theory is nowhere to be found in the Biblical scriptures. Which I accept as the Word of God.

Trust in the Lord and not your own understanding.
Quote:
It’s not a reference to that which is Eternal (aidios), having no beginning or end. The words endless torment (adialeipton timorion) or eternal imprisonment (aidios eirgmos) and eternal punishment (aidios kalasin) do not appear anywhere in the Greek New Testament, at least not in conjunction. Therefore, whoever says that there is an eternal (aidios) time set for punishment (kalasin) beyond this life is sadly mistaken. It's a limited duration of aionion (age-during, or abiding which is the word used) kalasin (punishment - chastisement or correction) which is in view; but the day and hour that it begins and ends is unpredictable. If it were eternal, then the word Aidios would have been used. But not even Jesus used the word for eternal in conjunction with punishment.

I call that problematic - as I live and breath inspiration.

Furthermore, there's no empirical study that's ever been completed by anyone, which illustrates that punitive damages under man’s thoughts of justice have any constructive function, other than that of being excessive in nature. Punishment for the sake of punishment itself, serves no purpose.
I am still waiting, after five pages for you to respond to this theory you believe I hold.

I am sort of tired of *****-footing around with people who continually refuse to open their
eyes of understanding. Instead, they want to be everyone's teacher, "believe this, don't do that."

Thinking they are wise, they quote verses like this: "
Trust in the Lord and not your own understanding."
And please, do not give me another Greek scholars perspective - who believes as you do. Be creative.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:

You may be surprised, sign and body language conveys much, especially when your other senses are/have increased.
But I suppose that you cannot fathom what that means, or feel the vibrations beyond merely hearing the sounds?

Music flows through your body - not just through your brain and ears.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-21-2016 at 08:45 PM..

Old 06-21-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Got the munchies?
People spend to much time reading the menu, and never enjoy the meal.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
People spend to much time reading the menu, and never enjoy the meal.
And making ppl Suffer forever is a meal? Okaaay.... But when it happens to you......

Old 06-21-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I am still waiting, after five pages for you to respond to this theory you believe I hold.

I am sort of tired of *****-footing around with people who continually refuse to open their
eyes of understanding. Instead, they want to be everyone's teacher, "believe this, don't do that."

Thinking they are wise, they quote verses like this: "
Trust in the Lord and not your own understanding."
And please, do not give me another Greek scholars perspective - who believes as you do. Be creative.

Punishment for the sake of punishment itself serves no purpose... hes right.. And much of their reasons for it are either wrong or broken... And ppl are certainly free to love God if they want.... freewill... they can believe as they do, what's wrong with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity