Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 06:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Sages are humans. They are not more accurate than God Himself. Christianity is based off that the Jews failed to reckon both John the Baptist and Jesus to be the prophets sent, then they are no longer a message carrier of God.

We trust that Jesus is more accurate for God's message to be conveyed through Him.

Matthew 24:15
Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand)
So, G-d lies?...

And where in Daniel is the Abomination spoken of?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes I agree. Alls they had to do was listen to Jesus and they would still be Gods chosen.
They still are G-d's Chosen, otherwise G-d has lied...

Old 07-14-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you have such trouble understanding that prophecy is validated after-the-fact, NOT prospectively by the expectations and interpretations of the Jews. That would be Divination which is prohibited. The facts speak for themselves and they validate some of Daniel as prophecy.
Daniel is not prophecy...

Old 07-14-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
And they rejected him for it.

"But the house of Israel will refuse to listen to you, for they do not want to listen to me. All those of the house of Israel are hardheaded and hardhearted." Ezekiel 3:7

Over and over Israel has acted like the above...it is really sad.
Unfortunately for you, Ezekiel is talking about the House of Israel, which was the Northern Kingdom of Israel vs the House of Judah, which is the Southern Kingdom of Judah...Ezekiel is not talking about the Nation of Israel...

Old 07-14-2016, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Reality says it you who are believing lies.
Yea...No...Okay...I can read and understand the Hebrew Scriptures, can you?...

Old 07-14-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Just think;

When they sinned they were punished. In the beginning a few died, then the Nation was controlled off and on again by the Philistines, finally it got so bad that they were exiled from Jerusalem to Babylon for 70 years. We all know they did not listen to or obey God and each time it got worse. On the return to Jerusalem they no longer had a king, the Urim and Thummin nor the Ark.

OK, in 70AD Jerusalem was destroyed and by 81 AD the land was totally conquered. Now there is no legitimate priesthood, no temple, no restoration of the kingship and they have a secular Government, only a very small section of the land is under their control and no tribal divisions/inheritance.

What did the Jews do that was so bad that for nearly 2000 years they have not had God's blessing?????

They rejected His son and killed him. Nothing else in their history from 539 BC when they returned from Babylon to 70AD was as bad as what they had done before, so the ongoing punishment is for the absolute worst thing they could do. They killed God's son the Messiah.
Hmmm...We don't feel punished...And we didn't kill him...The Gentiles did...

Old 07-14-2016, 07:10 AM

741 posts, read 444,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Unfortunately for you, Ezekiel is talking about the House of Israel, which was the Northern Kingdom of Israel vs the House of Judah, which is the Southern Kingdom of Judah...Ezekiel is not talking about the Nation of Israel...
Nice try yet the Hebrews were stubborn even in the time of Moses. Read Exodus 32:9, 10.

They had their good years. But those good years were few and far between and normally only after they were taken into captivity and ruined leaving only a few faithful people alive. I know you know your own history.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Nice try yet the Hebrews were stubborn even in the time of Moses. Read Exodus 32:9, 10.

They had their good years. But those good years were few and far between and normally only after they were taken into captivity and ruined leaving only a few faithful people alive. I know you know your own history.
Yea, I do know my history...Better than you do...I also know your history Better than you do...They weren't called Hebrews in the time of Moshe...

Old 07-14-2016, 11:08 AM

741 posts, read 444,520 times
Quote:
Yea, I do know my history...Better than you do...I also know your history Better than you do...They weren't called Hebrews in the time of Moshe...
All words and yet still no proof. I have the books of Genesis and Exodus that says they were called Hebrews.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:02 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:

Quote:
If they weren't called Hebrews in the time of Moses then why did Moses refer to himself as a Hebrew?

Exodus 5:3 Then they said, "The God of the Hebrews has met with us. Please, let us go a three days' journey into the wilderness that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God, otherwise He will fall upon us with pestilence or with the sword." [NASB]

Exodus 5:3 καὶ λέγουσιν αὐτῷ· ὁ Θεὸς τῶν ῾Εβραίων προσκέκληται ἡμᾶς· πορευσόμεθα οὖν ὁδὸν τριῶν ἡμερῶν εἰς τὴν ἔρημον, ὅπως θύσωμεν Κυρίῳ τῷ Θεῷ ἡμῶν, μή ποτε συναντήσῃ ἡμῖν θάνατος ἢ φόνος. [Septuagint]
Link to Septuagint: 1 And after this went in Moses and Aaron to Pharao, and they said to him, These... EXODUS / ΕΞΟΔΟΣ5 - Bilingual Septuagint

Exodus 5:3 And they said, "The God of the Hebrews has happened upon us. Now let us go on a three day journey in the desert and sacrifice to the Lord our God, lest He strike us with a plague or with the sword." [The Complete Jewish Bible with Rashi commentary]
Link to Tanakh: Exodus - Chapter 5 (Parshah Shemot and Va'eira) - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity