Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 10:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
They never truly left Egypt: "How they worship their god's, so shall we."

"... beware that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed before you, and that you do
not inquire after their gods, saying, 'How do these nations serve their gods, that I also may do likewise?'"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I would disagree, only slightly. I'd say: they left Egypt, but Egypt hadn't left them yet. Peace
Is there really a difference. LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 08:34 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:

Actually, yes there is. Peace

Old 08-31-2016, 08:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
They never truly left Egypt: "How they worship their god's, so shall we."

"... beware that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed before you, and that you do
not inquire after their gods, saying, 'How do these nations serve their gods, that I also may do likewise?'"
Quote:
I would disagree, only slightly. I'd say: they left Egypt, but Egypt hadn't left them yet. Peace
Quote:
Quote:
Actually, yes there is. Peace
Please, enlighten me.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:57 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If the serpent was supposedly the "bad guy" in the Garden of Eden, then why did Moses create a bronze idol in the image of a serpent, and use it as a source of salvation and healing for the Israelites?
Good question. To bad you took the word of some skeptic like your self, instead of doing enough studying to understand it, Bronze in the Bible symbolizes judgement. Looking at the serpent on the standard did not result in salvation, it represented looking to the one who died on a cross for the forgiveness of man's sins. It was intended as a figurative representative of the poisonous serpent rendered harmless by he mercy of God by believing what God said was the cure for being bitten by a serpent.
god did not require a live serpent to be used, but one made of dead brass showing that the deadly poison of the orignatater of sin, Satan, was dead, and his bite could no longer cause you to die.

Quote:
Why did Jesus compare himself (Son of Man) to that serpent in John 3? Or was he referring to the working class in general being lifted up?
Jesus did not compare Himself to the serpent. He compared being lifted up. He has replaces the serpent as the means of living when the sins Satan instituted. Being lifted up symbolized the crucifixion. Now to cure our sins, we look to Jesus in faith that His death paid for all of our sins; pst, present and future.

Quote:
Did the serpent possibly represent the "son of man"? If Adam was the son of God, wouldn't the Son of Man have been an enemy of God? If the serpent was an enemy of that God, is it possible that "God" was not the Most High God that the Bible differentiates from Yahweh? Or maybe Adam's father mistakenly thought of himself as a "god"?
NO!

Quote:
The author of Ezekiel is constantly referred to by the name Son of Man. Does that mean that Ezekiel represented the serpent somehow?
What makes you think it does?

Quote:
These are such blatant discrepancies. I am trying to sort out what the serpent was. And whether or not the serpent was an enemy, since he is shown so favorably after the Garden of Eden story.
A lack of understanding because of preconceived ideas always seems to be discrepancies. Much of your post was speculation, with no reason for what you said.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:07 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
What about the righteous most beautiful creature?

What was he?

A covering

Ezekiel
"You were the anointed cherub who covers, And I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked in the midst of the stones of fire. 15"You were blameless in your ways From the day you were created Until unrighteousness was found in you.…

We see this same righteous covering coming back when Jerusalem comes down from heaven, she is covered in precious stones because the covering once again became righteous.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:43 AM

[quote=Hannibal Flavius;45300556]The snake had to be seen on a pole because it looked forward to Jesus being a snake on the pole when he killed the snake.<<

Not a snake, the One we must look at on the cross believing He is the answer to our sin problem.

Quote:
Genesis
And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

When Eve bore Cain she said,'' Behold, God has given me a son.'' Eve said this in relation to her bearing a son who would crush the head of the serpent, but it was not Cain who crushed the head of the serpent, it was Jesus. Jesus wasn't born of Adam but he was born of Eve and the serpent. Crushing the head of the serpent is where Jesus took authority over the spirits under Satan, Jesus comes and steps on the serpents head and the serpent kills Jesus, and he takes authority in his resurrection. Jesus overcame his desires and he overcame everything the serpent threw at him and so he conquered the spirit of Satan.
Actually, according to Jesus' genealogy in Luke, Jesus is traced back to Adam.(k 3:38).

Old 09-02-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I'm tired and I may therefore be missing it, but I still don't see the answer I *need* in this, to recognize some typology. Got anything else? Thanks, Peace
I agree. What he says is not Biblical. Adam had relations that resulted in a son, not Satan(Gen 4:1). Typology MUST have it roots in the literal.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:52 AM

What and where does the enmity come from and take place?

God put an enmity between the seed of Eve and the seed of the serpent, and this isn't about snakes. Who and WHAT is the seed of the serpent and if it's an enmity, it is something real, something literal, an actual seed. What is it exactly?

Then who is the seed of Adam?

Old 09-02-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Please, enlighten me.
I am going to give you an answer, but Rbbi1's will probably be better.

In the group there were some who complained that God could not or would no,take care of them---Can the Lord set a table in the wilderness--He brought us out here to kill us---remember the leeks and cucumbers we left in Egypt---let's return to Egypt.

Those never left Egypt.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I am going to give you an answer, but Rbbi1's will probably be better.

In the group there were some who complained that God could not or would no,take care of them---Can the Lord set a table in the wilderness--He brought us out here to kill us---remember the leeks and cucumbers we left in Egypt---let's return to Egypt.

Those never left Egypt.
One of my favorite sayings,'' But I want me some freaking leeks now!''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity