Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 09:29 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,434,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I agree, Mystic. If the Holy Spirit does exist he is completely internalized and ONLY manifests to a person....and this next part is crucial....WHO BELIEVES IN HIM!!

So the HS would never manifest inside me because I don't believe he has any effect on me. This is why Christianity is constructed so that the Holy Spirit is subservient to to a person; he can only exercise his power IF a person allows him to exercise that power. The church needed this condition so it could pull the wool over people's eyes by saying, "The HS will ONLY come to you IF YOU EARNESTLY PRAY FOR HIM TO. If you don't pray he won't come to you."

So a person gets worked up into a psychological lather saying, "HS, please come inside me. Manifest to me" Repeat 100 times. And voila! There he is inside you. And you feel this surge of endorphins and it feels so good you say, "This must be the HS indwelling me. I feel so good!"

But the person next to him does the same thing and feels nothing because he doesn't really believe so the endorphins cannot be released, hence this tremendous feeling of well-being cannot come over him.

This is why the power of the Holy Spirit is a purely internal mechanism that cannot possibly manifest externally. You cannot see a person under the "power" of the Holy Spirit perform miracles such as raise the dead, or cure people of disease---physical manifestations that would do what unbelievers need to see in order to believe. Of course then Christians would raise the old chestnut, "Jesus said, "Even if one were to raise from the dead they wouldn't believe." That was invented to cover up the impotence of the church to produce any proof their religion is the real one. Again, they fall back on faith. "You've got to have faith. There is no physical proof. God doesn't work that way."

And people fall for it.

I agree, pleroo. The only prayer that "works" is a prayer that can comfort you and make you a different person. Prayer has no effect whatsoever in the world outside of the church where children are dying of cancer and natural disasters are killing people by the millions. Prayer and faith cannot move mountains as Jesus said it could.

A great deal to do with endorphins and whether you believe or not, and you can work yourself into a full lather and become drunk as hell. My mother was the original Brown revival, people would come from all around to see her and she would walk up into a church and people would fall out JUST BECAUSE we walked in the door, they became drunk just from our presence.

3 or 4 hundred people laying there drunk, some of them screaming, some crying uncontrollably, my mom's hand raised up and quivering while she be saying stuff like,'' More Lord,'' bless her heart because she really believes in it and everyone believed in her, in us. But I never could get drunk, I even went to Benny Hinn's one time thinking I would get drunk and there was my two sisters and my mom all laid out drunk and so GIVE ME A BREAK! I AM THE ONE who could actually use this, I LOVE GETTING DRUNK LOL.

I went EVERY WHERE, I went to every church who claimed that had a revival Holy spirit of drunkenness and my Mom could not for the life of her figure out how come she couldn't get me drunk.

Finally I found this church and the entire service was about getting drunk, about 60 people laid out drunk and me still standing there alone.

But as I was walking out the door, the pastor put his hand out to shale my hand and it hit me like a ton of bricks, my legs almost came out from under me, I was so weak that I was struggling to stand and although it only lasted for a second, I had finally become drunk and I finally knew what it was.

It was endorphins, It only comes with belief, and it was the reason I stopped speaking in tongues, the reason I stopped being a Pentecostal and the reason I no longer went around seeking the so called wine, I no longer believed in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 09:38 AM

The evil Northern Kingdom of Israel called,'' Ephraim,'' these ten tribes called the Torah a strange thing and then they created their own worship system with their own priests with their own Holy cities after they rejected Jerusalem and separated from Judah.

They were doing the same things that Christianity does today even while keeping the same worship system that was instituted to separate from God's worship system.

Judgment on Ephraim ~ Isaiah 28 ~ Drunk on the wine of another God.

Woe to the proud crown of the drunkards of Ephraim, And to the fading flower of its glorious beauty, Which is at the head of the fertile valley Of those who are overcome with wine! 2Behold, the Lord has a strong and mighty agent; As a storm of hail, a tempest of destruction, Like a storm of mighty overflowing waters, He has cast it down to the earth with His hand.…

Christian Gentiles come under the promise of Ephraim where ten tribes were lost and became gentiles, those gentiles get redeemed back into Israel through a redeeming marriage to a Jew but everything Ephraim had done, Christianity follows. Ephraim walked away from Judah and said,'' Let us depart from David, what inheritance do we have in David?''

This is the same thing Christianity did on the day they walked away from David, from Judah.

They create their own worship system, they call the Torah a strange thing and they become drunk on a new spirit, but that spirit is only for getting drunk. What does it help a man to get drunk? What person has gained anything by laying on the ground drunk? What did he learn?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:42 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
I

I agree, pleroo. The only prayer that "works" is a prayer that can comfort you and make you a different person. Prayer has no effect whatsoever in the world outside of the church where children are dying of cancer and natural disasters are killing people by the millions. Prayer and faith cannot move mountains as Jesus said it could.
I didn't say that, nor is that what I think, so you're not agreeing with me.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:49 AM

A mountain being moved is a mountain inside a person, and a mountain being cast into the sea is not a real mountain, it is a parable.

Zechariah

7Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

This mountain is your head, your head, God will come and set his feet on your head and you will be split wide open.

Zechariah 14

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the Mount of Olives/your head, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

When people run to the mountains saying,'' Fall on us,'' they have come up to the supposed great teachers but when the Lord comes, every mountain will be made low, and every valley will be raised.

Jesus was not speaking of a real mountain.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
A mountain being moved is a mountain inside a person, and a mountain being cast into the sea is not a real mountain, it is a parable.
I agree. But some people like to shoot fish in a barrel.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I agree. But some people like to shoot fish in a barrel.
Yeah, but Thrill is still correct, people simply cannot do what those first disciples did, I mean comparing Christianity today with what happened in Jerusalem then is not a comparison whether one believes in the bible or not. I believe in the bible, I believe in Jesus and his Holy spirit, but I see no such Holy spirit today, maybe I am blaspheming the Holy spirit, I don't know. I had dreams and visions and unexplainable things happen to me and when they happened, I said,'' I have the Holy spirit.''

But everything I did was of confusion and vanity and so although I had those visions, I would dare to say that it wasn't the Holy spirit. I automatically assumed like anyone would, I assumed that because a spirit came, it must be the Holy spirit, but I could not heal, and although I knew things, they were only things that would boost my ego like walking up to people and prophesying to them and they start crying and I feel like the great prophet and even if I should turn a person toward God in that way, it was vanity.

Once I assumed it was the holy spirit, I couldn't be wrong could I?

I mean if the Holy spirit has come teaching me, everything must be right, and therein lies the problem.

If the Holy spirit is teaching me and everyone else, why don't we all agree?

Old 12-05-2016, 10:10 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
I agree, Mystic. If the Holy Spirit does exist he is completely internalized and ONLY manifests to a person....and this next part is crucial....WHO BELIEVES IN HIM!!

So the HS would never manifest inside me because I don't believe he has any effect on me. This is why Christianity is constructed so that the Holy Spirit is subservient to to a person; he can only exercise his power IF a person allows him to exercise that power. The church needed this condition so it could pull the wool over people's eyes by saying, "The HS will ONLY come to you IF YOU EARNESTLY PRAY FOR HIM TO. If you don't pray he won't come to you."

So a person gets worked up into a psychological lather saying, "HS, please come inside me. Manifest to me" Repeat 100 times. And voila! There he is inside you. And you feel this surge of endorphins and it feels so good you say, "This must be the HS indwelling me. I feel so good!"

But the person next to him does the same thing and feels nothing because he doesn't really believe so the endorphins cannot be released, hence this tremendous feeling of well-being cannot come over him.

This is why the power of the Holy Spirit is a purely internal mechanism that cannot possibly manifest externally. You cannot see a person under the "power" of the Holy Spirit perform miracles such as raise the dead, or cure people of disease---physical manifestations that would do what unbelievers need to see in order to believe. That's why Christians always raise that old chestnut, "Jesus said, "Even if one were to rise from the dead they still wouldn't believe." I guarantee you if an atheist saw a Christian bring his his dead mother back to life in the name of Jesus he'd believe in Jesus so quick it'd make your head spin. That whole line was invented to cover up the impotence of the church to produce any proof their religion is the real one. Again, they fall back on faith. "You've got to have faith. There is no physical proof. God doesn't work that way."

And people fall for it.

Nonsense. Endorphins cannot cause a person to be "slain" in the Spirit. As usual, those without it, try to teach truth. Peace

Old 12-05-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but Thrill is still correct, people simply cannot do what those first disciples did, I mean comparing Christianity today with what happened in Jerusalem then is not a comparison whether one believes in the bible or not. I believe in the bible, I believe in Jesus and his Holy spirit, but I see no such Holy spirit today, maybe I am blaspheming the Holy spirit, I don't know. I had dreams and visions and unexplainable things happen to me and when they happened, I said,'' I have the Holy spirit.''

But everything I did was of confusion and vanity and so although I had those visions, I would dare to say that it wasn't the Holy spirit. I automatically assumed like anyone would, I assumed that because a spirit came, it must be the Holy spirit, but I could not heal, and although I knew things, they were only things that would boost my ego like walking up to people and prophesying to them and they start crying and I feel like the great prophet and even if I should turn a person toward God in that way, it was vanity.

Once I assumed it was the holy spirit, I couldn't be wrong could I?

I mean if the Holy spirit has come teaching me, everything must be right, and therein lies the problem.

If the Holy spirit is teaching me and everyone else, why don't we all agree
?

You know I don't agree with that. That's where the bible inerrantists are coming from ... those men were inspired by the Holy Spirit so everything they wrote must be true. No. People are filtering what they are being taught through their own imperfections and the imperfections of the time and culture of which they are a part. So of course no one's understanding of truth is going to be perfect, which is why the need for "teaching" is never in the past tense.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:20 AM

A self proving religion.

A person take all that was said to those first converts to Judaism and how they had power to heal the blind, the deaf and to raise the dead, but then they leave that religion and you reject the Holy days that in fact give us the promises and what are you left with?

A person can take all the promises of Jesus giving you strength and the Holy spirit, and how they will prophesy and heal, or ask anything you want and it will be granted.

But they no longer have the Holy spirit because they left the religion and so now they have to show signs that they have the Holy spirit and say,'' See, I can speak in tongues, see, I am a great prophet.''

Now we have PROOF that we are working in the gifts of the spirit because a counterfeit has been made in my opinion, and so people look at all the promises and they try and make it true in their life.

Just an opinion, but I don't see anyone with the Holy spirit, I see people with high endorphins trying to make something real that is not.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 12-05-2016 at 10:38 AM..

Old 12-05-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
A self proving religion.

You take all that was said to those first converts to Judaism and how they had power to heal the blind, the deaf and to raise the dead, but then you leave that religion and you reject the Holy days that in fact give you the promises and what are you left with?

You take all the promises of Jesus giving you strength and the Holy spirit, and how you will prophesy and heal, or ask anything you want and it will be granted.

But you no longer have the Holy spirit because you left the religion and so now you have to show signs that you have the Holy spirit and say,'' See, I can speak in tongues, see, I am a great prophet.''

Now you have PROOF that you are working in the gifts of the spirit because a counterfeit has been made in my opinion, and so people look at all the promises and they try and make it true in their life.

Just an opinion, but I don't see anyone with the Holy spirit, I see people with high endorphins trying to make something real that is not.
I didn't say I will prophesy or heal or speak in tongues or am a prophet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity