Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 02:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
No, he is right, there is a huge difference between willful sin and a battle against our flesh. I heard that one of the ways they used to kill people in the old days is they tie them up to a dead body, untill the decay of the corpse would kill them aswell. Likewise believers are still tied up to the sinful flesh (Romans 7) yet fight against it with the Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 8). But if there's no struggle, no remorse over sin and no fight against it, perhaps your nature never truly changed, as Jesus said you must be born again to enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus never mentioned using the flesh for an excuse . Paul said we are drawn away by what we have been desiring.
We miss the mark because we have been desiring carnal things, and we desire carnal things because of unbelief.

Now i know it's a hard thing to accept for bible fundamentalists but God is merciful to our unbelief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 02:22 PM

797 posts, read 752,652 times
The trick is not to screw up.
God sees everything anyways.
What am I gonna say"man god im sorry,i messed up again."
Dont let it happen a hundred time now young man.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:32 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
This really got me thinking!
What do I do wrong?? I wouldn't steal one penny...I never lie...
I talk to God constantly...if too much time goes by I stop and feel
his Presence and tell Him, 'I'm sorry I forgot you for an hour!!
What an idiot I can be!! But there You are! You brought me back to You AGAIN!
Never let me go, Lord!"
But, sin? I make stupid mistakes and we laugh over them; we both
know I'm a work in progress.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:48 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yes, you must confess your sins. You must also feel remorse for having committed them and sincerely do your best not to turn around and commit them again. For a period of time, my son ("a non-practicing Mormon") was living with his fiancee (an "occasional Catholic"). Whenever she got the idea in her head that she wanted to go to mass and receive communion, she'd first go to confession and tell the priest that she'd been sleeping with her fiancee. She would then complete the required penance (prayers, etc.), attend mass, receive communion and return home to resume her previous lifestyle with my son. My son, who has no use for organized religion of any kind, told me how much that bothered him. "At least in Mormonism," he said, "if you confess your sins and repent, it actually means something."

(P.S. She ended up cheating on him and they broke off the engagement three weeks prior to the marriage.)
Nothing like a good gossip about someone else's sin problem to make you feel better, eh?

Old 01-13-2017, 02:51 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
What about backbiting and religious disputes? How many people repent of that and keep doing it over and over? Isn't it a sin? Do we do this willingly? You folks who think you are sinless are a trip.

Last edited by RainMusic; 01-13-2017 at 03:30 PM..

Old 01-13-2017, 04:02 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Nothing like a good gossip about someone else's sin problem to make you feel better, eh?
Very sharp observation , we can't escape from it, can we. If we don't sin in any overt ways, spiritual pride is lurking at the door to take us captive with the much more subtle inward sin of selfrighteousness and pride. Sin is just such a pervasive reality in this world that people thinking they are sinless are really spiritually insane, completely out of touch with reality, with themselves and with God.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:33 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
No, he is right, there is a huge difference between willful sin and a battle against our flesh. I heard that one of the ways they used to kill people in the old days is they tie them up to a dead body, untill the decay of the corpse would kill them aswell. Likewise believers are still tied up to the sinful flesh (Romans 7) yet fight against it with the Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 8). But if there's no struggle, no remorse over sin and no fight against it, perhaps your nature never truly changed, as Jesus said you must be born again to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:29 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,183,286 times
The knowledge of good and evil.

The conscienceness of sin.

Same thing - don't eat of it - if He's redeemed you, why go there again? He's condemned sin in the flesh (Romans 8:3), so as a condemned house would not be inhabited, why try to live there again?

Old 01-13-2017, 07:54 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
Mike555 you know I think highly of your posts, always well thought out ......but on this one I respectfully have to disagree a bit.....as for fellowship you are either in and saved or out of fellowship and lost.......if Jesus loved me enough to die for me even when I was an enemy of the cross, I have no fear of Him not loving me where I"m at today.......either Jesus finished the work or He didn't and those rightly dividing know HE did and sin is no longer an issue at all, it has been taken off the table for us who believe. This concept has been drummed into our heads by the mainstream protestants and of course the Catholics take it out in left field completely.......in addition it Seems so right to everybody but it isn't. Even John in the next chapter says we are forgiven, we HAVE BEEN forgiven.......its past tense.......

I am writing to you, dear children,
because your sins HAVE BEEN forgiven on account of his name.

Grace and peace always and I look forward to seeing you in heaven........

Old 01-13-2017, 08:05 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Sins of the flesh? What does that mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity