Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 12:09 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Every bible on the planet that removed Gods personal name in nearly 6800 spots in the ot--are altered versions. God put his name there because he wants it there. I see the divine name kjv finally put it back, but the rest outright refuse.
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. speaking of "PERSONAL" name. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

If we're to know his name, and Isaiah was written way after Exodus, then God "PERSONAL" name was not given in the OT, it was to come. so the names Jehovah and Yahweh are not God "Personal" name.

Understand, there are names that describe "WHAT" someone is vs "WHO" someone is in name. and also note that there are common nouns, as well as personal nouns.

PCY.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:13 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
His name is jealous, well, I like that name above all names.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:14 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Every bible on the planet that removed Gods personal name in nearly 6800 spots in the ot--are altered versions. God put his name there because he wants it there. I see the divine name kjv finally put it back, but the rest outright refuse. Yet any translation with a capitol G GOD in the last line of John 1:1= 100% error.
YHWH( Jehovah) the God of the ot=a single being God--The religion that came out of Rome tried to change him into a trinity. Many are mislead by that capitol G God in the last line at John 1:1)--It makes the second line read---And God was with God= impossible--there is 1 God.
Again.....you'd do well to look to a good translation. The KJV is not the best. It was translated from a small number of texts that are not as dependable or numerous as the others were translated from. It just isn't as good.

No, they did not remove God's name. Nor is the capital G an error. You'd do well to stop listening to the Watchtower.

And I'm still waiting for your exegesis of Genesis 19:24. Can you explain that?

Old 02-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
His name is jealous, well, I like that name above all names.
(smile)...... I'll agree with that.

PCY.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:20 PM

If all don't mind, let's zero in on Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

that DAY was John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins".

that DAY was the time the Lord Jesus walked the EARTH.

if any have another explanation to Isaiah 52:6 please post it.

PCY.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:23 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Again.....you'd do well to look to a good translation. The KJV is not the best. It was translated from a small number of texts that are not as dependable or numerous as the others were translated from. It just isn't as good.

No, they did not remove God's name. Nor is the capital G an error. You'd do well to stop listening to the Watchtower.

And I'm still waiting for your exegesis of Genesis 19:24. Can you explain that?

Jesus ' truth proves it is error--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Pauls truth proves it is error-1Corinthians 8:6
1Corinthians 15:24-28 proves it is error. No World--Jesus is not God. He is Gods son, he has a mortal mother.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:26 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. speaking of "PERSONAL" name. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

If we're to know his name, and Isaiah was written way after Exodus, then God "PERSONAL" name was not given in the OT, it was to come. so the names Jehovah and Yahweh are not God "Personal" name.

Understand, there are names that describe "WHAT" someone is vs "WHO" someone is in name. and also note that there are common nouns, as well as personal nouns.

PCY.

Every trinity scholar on earth knows my words are fact.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:38 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Jesus ' truth proves it is error--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Pauls truth proves it is error-1Corinthians 8:6
1Corinthians 15:24-28 proves it is error. No World--Jesus is not God. He is Gods son, he has a mortal mother.
Genesis 19:24 too difficult for you?

Old 02-03-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Every trinity scholar on earth knows my words are fact.
First thanks for the reply. but just for us common folk, would you tell us why in Isaiah 52:6 that God said .. ... HIS...... people "SHALL" know his name. so apparently up until then, Isaiah 52:6, they didn't know God name. he said, "that day" they shall know his name, so when was that day?

thanks in advance.

PCY.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:02 AM

GINOLJC, to all.

THE NAME of GOD?......... JESUS, English or YESHUA Hebrew

Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins".

Not someone else saving through him, NO, I say again NO, "HE" SAVES and no one else.

JESUS, the Name, it is the Strong's #H3442. it is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun that means, "He is salvation" or "He saves”. for only God SAVES. in the Greek, it's G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (ee-ay-sous`) n/p.
1.Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua) of Hebrew origin (H3091)
2.KJV: Jesus
Root(s): H3091

see, the origins, or the ROOT of the word? it's H3091
H3091 יְהוֹשׁוּעַ YhowShuw`a (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah) n/p.
יְהוֹשֻׁעַ YhowShu`a (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah)
1. Yahweh-saved.
2. Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader.
from H3068 and H3467
KJV: Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua.
Root(s): H3068, H3467

First H3068, where men mistaken the true name and added vowels
H3068 יְהוָה Yhvah (yeh-vaw') n/p.
יְהוָֹה Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw')
יְהוֹ Yhow (yeh-ho') [as a prefix]
1. (meaning) the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM.
2. (person) Yahweh (Yehvah), Jewish national name of God.
3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
4. (as a name prefix) Yeho-.
5. (As expressed in Hebraic Koine Greek) ἐγώ εἰμί, I AM (literally: I myself, I am).
Root(s): H1961

The second ROOT, H3467 יָשַׁע yasha` (yaw-shah') v.
1. (properly) to be open, wide or free from captivity.
2. (by implication) to be safe.
3. (causatively) to rescue or succor.

My source, Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments, my finding can be reproduce.

John 5:43 "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive". he came in POWER and AUTHORITY. and the Greek word "NAME" here in the verse is, G3686 ὄνομα onoma (o'-no-ma) n.
a “name” (authority, character).
literally or figuratively
from a presumed derivative of the base of G1097
KJV: called, (+ sur-)name(-d)
Root(s): G1097

G1097 γινώσκω ginosko (ǰiy-nō'-skō) v.
1. to know (in a concrete manner, and not merely from a personal perspective or experience).

2. (emphatically) to absolutely know, to know without exception (i.e. knowing, but not merely to know based on personal observation or perception, but also based on actual rational truth; not merely that which is based on or bound only by sight and experience; such knowing comes from Yahweh to completely grasp and have the comprehension of, as well as why and how, and to have the astuteness to apply it freely without error).[/b]

if you want to know who God is, Know the Son. JESUS, YESHUA.

PCY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity