Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2017, 04:58 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,830,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It's in the greater context of the Bible. WHat happens to unregenerate people? THey are not saved, and they go to hell.

In any event, I'm done with this conversation. I'm not taking this farther. I've made my point, and that's that.
The reason they cannot except hell is quite obvious by now.
water and bread?

…40And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.’ 41Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink,…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 04:59 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,086,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is no such thing as eternal torment or punishment anywhere is the Scriptures.
You would have to read that into the book itself, and deny that you are doing that.

But I find it extremely amusing that the BabtistFundie never refuted being VIZIO.
And making the ignore list is a compliment in my humble opinion.
What is a VIZIO? The tv? Is it some code-word you use to attack someone?

Old 08-02-2017, 05:00 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,390,595 times
Quote:
What is a Vizio? The tv? Is it some code-word you use to attack someone?
I'm surprised a computer guy from North Dakota does not know what a Vizio is ?.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:02 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,086,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm surprised a computer guy from North Dakota does not know what a Vizio is ?.
I have a Vizio tv....but the way he capitalized it I was wondering if it was some kind of acronym. Am I missing something?

Old 08-02-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
What is a VIZIO? The tv? Is it some code-word you use to attack someone?
They were reminiscing about a poster that hasnt posted for quite some time due to constant conflict.
Vizio is pastor of a small congregation.

I cant remember much else about his profile. Though i do remember when the fundie word started to get thrown around as if to be some sort of refute to the Word of the Lord.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Am I missing something?
We were, but we are glad you are back.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The reason they cannot except hell is quite obvious by now.
water and bread?

1Cast your bread on the surface of the waters, for you will find it after many days. 2Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.…

…40And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.’ 41Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink,…
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

14 Stand firm then, with the
belt of truth buckled around your waist,
with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15
and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this,
take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Cast your bread upon the waters giving a portion to 7 and 8.
As in the Sabbath and another day.

Giving to the Needy
6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Fasting
16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Treasures in Heaven
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[c] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy,[d] your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying,

‘What shall we eat?’ or
‘What shall we drink?’ or
‘What shall we wear?’ 32

For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,275,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We were, but we are glad you are back.
He also pretended not to know who Matt "The Oil" Slick was.

He's as honest as ever.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:18 PM

1Cast your bread on the surface of the waters, for you will find it after many days. 2Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.…

Old 08-02-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Considering the entire chapter is about a person being evil in nature, and unable to entering God's Kingdom on their own....what was well done? Read the ENTIRE chapter and it proves my point.
No it is, in fact it is all about the way to the Father and his kingdom. This is further proof you have not entered it yet, because al, you see is sin and condemnation.

The Light and Darkness BP that Jesus is referring to is the light of the kingdom of God and the life you have come accustomed to calling life including what you have become accustomed to calling God, all of it is darkness . Jesus came from that Kingdom of Light and was hated by the religious establishment because he ripped them because its view of God was so far off base, because he rejected the establishment and because he freely showed love, mercy, grace and forgiveness towards those in the eyes of the establishment were not worthy of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity