Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 09:15 PM

88 posts, read 36,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I am obviously in the wrong company here.
God is so loving, so forgiving, so real...so prideless in wanting our love...
and is so misunderstood by so many.

It makes me wonder if some know what it is to love at all?
It's the difference between a person that says, "Oh poor Sharon has cancer, my thoughts are with her."
And the person that goes to the hospital with soup and holds her head and wipes her drool every day, advocating for a better blanket. Being in the realness of love.

I get a lot of words here, sure...many based in blame and fear mongering from Christians...
using scary quotes from Rev or Deuteronomy... and why... to prove that that one quote
was wrong of me to take out of context, now it is a perversion...and wrong.
I am indeed in the wrong company.

I am not discouraged in any way ... this is just not the right audience to tell of God's simple love...
without it being tainted with exceptions and rules and conditions...and fear tactics...which amount to threats.

Let's see how many people open to God quoting Revelation and Deuter...and calling
quotes like, I judge no man, as perversions...if standing alone.
Bet a lot of people want to be just like you guys that do that...they are just running
into Jesus' arms.
it's ok...everything has it's season...and it feels cold in the place many are in.
"If you abide in me and my word abides in you, you may ask what you will and your will shall be done for you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 09:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
"If you abide in me and my word abides in you, you may ask what you will and your will shall be done for you."
"If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."

It says nothing about your will be done, rather, his for you.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:58 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,716,400 times
Quote:
I am obviously in the wrong company here.
God is so loving, so forgiving, so real...so prideless in wanting our love...
and is so misunderstood by so many.

It makes me wonder if some know what it is to love at all?
It's the difference between a person that says, "Oh poor Sharon has cancer, my thoughts are with her."
And the person that goes to the hospital with soup and holds her head and wipes her drool every day, advocating for a better blanket. Being in the realness of love.

I get a lot of words here, sure...many based in blame and fear mongering from Christians...
using scary quotes from Rev or Deuteronomy... and why... to prove that that one quote
was wrong of me to take out of context, now it is a perversion...and wrong.
I am indeed in the wrong company.

I am not discouraged in any way ... this is just not the right audience to tell of God's simple love...
without it being tainted with exceptions and rules and conditions...and fear tactics...which amount to threats.

Let's see how many people open to God quoting Revelation and Deuter...and calling
quotes like, I judge no man, as perversions...if standing alone.
Bet a lot of people want to be just like you guys that do that...they are just running
into Jesus' arms.
it's ok...everything has it's season...and it feels cold in the place many are in.
Well said, Miss Hepburn. This sad and destructive spirit is found everywhere on the internet. I know there are some who really do appreciate your posts regardless of the negative responses that make their way into every discussion.

♥ .-""-.
...//• •\\
(/(_♥_)\)..☆
._/''*''\_,✿ ❀✿
(/_)^(_\)\ĺ/ \ĺ⁄ \ĺ♥

Old 07-31-2017, 11:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,451,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post

♥ .-""-.
...//• •\\
(/(_♥_)\)..☆
._/''*''\_,✿ ❀✿
(/_)^(_\)\ĺ/ \ĺ⁄ \ĺ♥
Hey thanks, everybody.....But this doggy , Come On!

Old 07-31-2017, 11:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times
Quote:
Hey thanks, everybody.....But this doggy , Come On!
When I see your name. It reminds me of Robin Williams (Mrs. Doubtfire).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqNEZ_QgvI4

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-01-2017 at 12:12 AM..

Old 08-01-2017, 08:24 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,451,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When I see your name. It reminds me of Robin Williams (Mrs. Doubtfire).
Cute.
But this is way more like me: 58 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbzcFbhPV-o

Old 08-01-2017, 08:34 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,070,251 times
Quote:
You judge according to the flesh: I judge not any man. - Jesus

Sure, I took it out of context...but it stands alone in MY book.
What do the fear-based Bible thumpers say to this?

Can you picture Jesus saying this? Because...wow.
Sounds like you're judging the "fear-based Bible thumpers".

You should be less judgmental.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:43 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,824,472 times
Quote:
You judge according to the flesh: I judge not any man. - Jesus

Sure, I took it out of context...but it stands alone in MY book.
What do the fear-based Bible thumpers say to this?

Can you picture Jesus saying this? Because...wow.
Are the Dark sayings of old hard for you to hear?
If so then perhaps you are not in good company, clinging to something that may have been given you in poor confidence.
Matt 13
34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Faith in the Heavenly Manna has the utterance.
water and bread

Psalm 78King James Version (KJV)

78 Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:
3 Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.
4 We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.
5 For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:
6 That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children:
7 That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments:
8 And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.
9 The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle.
10 They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law;
11 And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them.
12 Marvellous things did he in the sight of their fathers, in the land of Egypt, in the field of Zoan.
13 He divided the sea, and caused them to pass through; and he made the waters to stand as an heap.
14 In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire.
15 He clave the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink as out of the great depths.
16 He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers.
17 And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness.
18 And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust.
19 Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?

20 Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people?

Strong's Hebrew: 4325. ?????? (mayim) -- waters, water

mayim

Now the earth was astonishingly empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the water.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

…25Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present-day Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. 27For it is written: “Rejoice, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have never travailed; because more are the children of the desolate woman, than of her who has a husband.”…

Last edited by pinacled; 08-01-2017 at 09:37 AM..

Old 08-01-2017, 10:54 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,953,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Sounds like you're judging the "fear-based Bible thumpers".

You should be less judgmental.
Not at all. She is judging fear-based Bible thumpING; an excellent thing to do.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:00 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,063,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Not at all. She is judging fear-based Bible thumpING; an excellent thing to do.

With the "thumpers" thrown in for good measure, of course, as you can't separate one from the other. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity