Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2017, 05:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I don't where you get your twisted ideas from, seriously.

Notice...first Moshe cries out unto the Lord (as a petition)...

Exo 17:4 - And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, What shall I do unto this people? they be almost ready to stone me.

And then the Lord answers his prayer with instructions on what he is to do. If he hadn't told him to do it, it's seriously unlikely that Moshe would have said to himself, "Gee, I think I'll strike a rock for water!"

Exo 17:5 - And the LORD said unto Moses, Go on before the people, and take with thee of the elders of Israel; and thy rod, wherewith thou smotest the river, take in thine hand, and go.

Exo 17:6 - Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.

So you think Moshe answered his own prayers, too, huh? I guess that would be the natural progression from believing that you are G-d. Peace
So when Jesus told Peter he would deny him 3 times before the **** crowed was he commanding him to do it?. Same scenario Jesus stood before Peter and Peter did exactly what Jesus said he would do, just like God stood before Moses and Moses did exactly what God told him he would do.

Drinking from a smitten rock is never a good thing and only the rebelious and gullible do so. I thought you understood the principle of sowing and reaping, what you think returns to you when you smite something?.

Who caused water to gush from the Rock when Moses diobeyed God and smote the rock ? God or Moses?.

Last edited by pcamps; 09-02-2017 at 05:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 05:55 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,811,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So when Jesus told Peter he would deny him 3 times before the **** crowed was he commanding him to do it?. Same scenario Jesus stood before him and Peter did exactly what Jesus said he would do, just like God stood before Moses and Moses did exactly what God told him he would do.

Drinking from a smitten rock is never a good thing and only the rebelious and gullible do so. I thought you understood the principle of sowing and reaping, what you think returns to you when you smite something?.
Your words condemn you.

That Rock is Mashiach the promise of the All Mighty.

Old 09-02-2017, 05:56 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
So when Jesus told Peter he would deny him 3 times before the **** crowed was he commanding him to do it?. Same scenario Jesus stood before Peterand Peter did exactly what Jesus said he would do, just like God stood before Moses and Moses did exactly what God told him he would do.

I have wondered about that passage. Excellent insight, camps.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
So when Jesus told Peter he would deny him 3 times before the **** crowed was he commanding him to do it?. Same scenario Jesus stood before Peter and Peter did exactly what Jesus said he would do, just like God stood before Moses and Moses did exactly what God told him he would do.

Who caused water to gush from the Rock when Moses diobeyed God and smote the rock ? God or Moses?.
And what was it the Lord said of the Rock?

Separate Peter from Scripture, testimony, and you have a man who hides for six days and thinks himself king.

Paul himself rebuked Peter. By Authority of Power of the Holy Spirit.
For what was it the Lord said to him in Spirit. "Go, kill and eat."

As if Faith were to be complacent in one Place.
Living Water Moves with due course. And Paul being a man of the Law. Holding dear the precepts Founded by the Father of Lights.
Was of no contrary mind when he felt the gentle breeze.

As if someone could ever command increase by the thoughts of men. No, first, Go and preclaim the Good news.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
And what was it the Lord said of the Rock?

Separate Peter from Scripture, testimony, and you have a man who hides for six days and thinks himself king.

Paul himself rebuked Peter. By Authority of Power of the Holy Spirit.
For what was it the Lord said to him in Spirit. "Go, kill and eat."

As if Faith were to be complacent in one Place.
Living Water Moves with due course. And Paul being a man of the Law. Holding dear the precepts Founded by the Father of Lights.
Was of no contrary mind when he felt the gentle breeze.

As if someone could ever command increase by the thoughts of men. No, first, Go and preclaim the Good news.
Look, until you speak my language, i am going to refuse to respond to your posts. Are you from down under ?.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Look, until you speak my language, i am going to refuse to respond to your posts. Are you from down under ?.
This Thread is Titled " The Word of God".

Old 09-02-2017, 07:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
This Thread is Titled " The Word of God".
Wrong thread, darlin'...it happens all the time to the best of us!!!!

Old 09-02-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ive defended you countless times young miss.

And I do not miss.
You once asked a name.

I'll give you the Word.

John knew. Do you?

And that silk road memory.
Let it go.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:05 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times
Quote:

No, it's NOT the same scenario. What Jesus said to Peter was word of knowledge. There is no time in the Spirit, so you can not only see the past, but also the future, in our case, as the Spirit permits. But He had the Spirit without measure, so all was available to Him. You would know that if you had ever humbled yourself to receive the baptism in the Spirit that gives the gifts (which, BTW, go hand in hand with the fruits, both of which are prefigured on the golden candlestick).

So what you're proposing is that G-d tempted man and MADE both of them sin? LOL, where is this god of love you worship NOW? He only seems to "appear" when it's convenient for YOU. Scream at him, cut your flesh, your god isn't going to come down and consume your wooden carnal soulish nature, or your Adamic spirit/water, with fire, because OUR G-d is a consuming fire, not the one you've created out of your own imaginations.

What He did with Moshe was His way of answering Moshe's petition/prayer, with something Moshe had to do himself to see the answer manifest: faith + works = a move of the Spirit.

In that case, the waters of salvation came from smiting the Rock, that prefigured and pointed to the cross, which you well know, but since you hate the cross and all it represents, you try to cover it up in every aspect.

So you think Moshe had magical powers, do you? Answer your own question, then. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 09-02-2017 at 10:30 PM..

Old 09-02-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
John 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Keep up sis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity