Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2017, 11:45 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
EVERYTHING Jesus said was based on the OT scriptures. He didn't have to quote them verbatim, because He, as the HG, SAID THEM THE FIRST TIME. Peace
That is magical thinking and an irrational premise which is why you cannot get any agreement with any conclusions you draw from this basic flawed premise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 12:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
EVERYTHING Jesus said was based on the OT scriptures. He didn't have to quote them verbatim, because He, as the HG, SAID THEM THE FIRST TIME. Peace
You have every excuse under the sun, it is quite remarkable(actually astonishing) that someone boast in being some educated bible student what you are saying here. Jesus without fail said his source was the Father, you obviously think the Father is the bible. Never once did he say his source was the bible.

Do you not see how much you have to stretch the truth to call the bible the Father ?. Yet if someone posted on here anything remotely exaggerated you would be all over them, and so would every other bible fundamentalist........ The bible is the Father? get outta of here, you're having a laugh.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:04 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is magical thinking and an irrational premise which is why you cannot get any agreement with any conclusions you draw from this basic flawed premise.

WHO'S premise is flawed?

Mar 12:36 - For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Act 28:25 - And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

Luk 1:67 - And his father Zacharias (John's father) was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Luk 2:25 - And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

Luk 2:26 - And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Luk 12:12 - For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Act 1:16 - Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

Act 5:32 - And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He also prefaced his statements with the words: "For you have heard it said (written or spoken), but I say..."
Quote:
Which NEVER took away or deleted the scripture He was referring to, and you know it. That's just a smokescreen you like to throw up to cast doubt on the scriptures, thinking your flesh will not be accountable for ALL of them. Like you don't think anyone can figure that out. Peace
What I doubt is your interpretation of things, and the fragment of stones that you throw at people.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What I doubt is your interpretation of things, and the fragment of stones that you throw at people.

I throw stones/scriptures that have been smitten, ie. the life of the Spirit comes gushing out in the form of revelation. Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You have every excuse under the sun, it is quite remarkable(actually astonishing) that someone boast in being some educated bible student what you are saying here. Jesus without fail said his source was the Father, you obviously think the Father is the bible. Never once did he say his source was the bible.

Do you not see how much you have to stretch the truth to call the bible the Father ?. Yet if someone posted on here anything remotely exaggerated you would be all over them, and so would every other bible fundamentalist........ The bible is the Father? get outta of here, you're having a laugh.

Who's speaking to them/through them here, you tell me....

Mar 12:36 - For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Act 28:25 - And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

Luk 1:67 - And his father Zacharias (John's father) was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Luk 2:25 - And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

Luk 2:26 - And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Luk 12:12 - For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Act 1:16 - Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

Act 5:32 - And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:35 PM

691 posts, read 419,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You judge according to the flesh: I judge not any man. - Jesus

Sure, I took it out of context...but it stands alone in MY book.
What do the fear-based Bible thumpers say to this?

Can you picture Jesus saying this? Because...wow.

I looked it up... isn't he saying to the effect of forgive a trespasser 70 times 7 ? you are right this is a thought provoking and considerable thing to hear ( read, know)

whats implied here? Jesus doesn't judge but God does? or Jesus judges by God? or that what we call and act out as judging is not what judgement is when God judges? isn't judging a thing figuring it out... getting to know it or put it to proper use or have an appropriate reaction for it?

Old 08-31-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
I looked it up... isn't he saying to the effect of forgive a trespasser 70 times 7 ? you are right this is a thought provoking and considerable thing to hear ( read, know)

Which actually means, you are to give unto them/forgive/remit the sins, restore the rest to their "land", (ie. 490 years of captivity for refusing to obey the land's Sabbath). In other words, arise up to the position of a priest in His kingdom that has the power to remit sins and they actually ARE remitted, to give their "land"/earthen vessel the rest from the works of the enemy/war going on in it.

Which points us back to true peace being when the flesh is no longer WARRING against the Spirit (the TRUE Sabbath), and the Holy Ghost doing the works, the works of the kingdom.

What it does NOT mean, being taken out of context, is that everything is NOT judged, but that the Spirit, not the flesh (including that of Jesus the man) does the judging and carries on the war until there is a victor, Christ Jesus within us. Which is why we are told from the get go, to put on the whole ARMOR of Christ. Armor is not needed in peacetime but in time of war.

The Sabbath has not come yet, which is why we are still at war. This is why He said that today (first 1000 years) and tomorrow (second 1000 years), I would do cures and cast out devils (war in the heavenlies), but the third day I would be perfected. It's been 2 days or roughly 2000 years (and roughly 6 days or 6000 years since Adam) since He said that. That means, the war is still raging, cries of false peace to the contrary.

Just another thing that men would understand (70 X 7), if they studied the Tanach, as it came from the Father of lights in whom there is no varibleness nor shadow of turning = the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 08-31-2017 at 03:03 PM..

Old 08-31-2017, 04:00 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Of course the Bible is a book written by men. The last time I looked the only ones on Earth who write books are people.

yes what they want to argue is that it not his word inspired by his spirit to the heart of mere men.. so that then if what they say is true .. it can't tell the future to them there is no such thing as prophesy.. there is what they truly hate most and is most feared by them ..
yet we watch as the mark of the beast is being measured out to our children's hands . biometrics is the mark of the beast. the poor children will be poke ing out their eyes and cutting off their right hands..
it can't be the chips .. because chips don't go into the eyes. and the old testament is very clear the wayward pastors will poke out their own right eyes and cutting off their right hands. so it is happening now. yet they will stand here and tell us God's word is not divinely inspired.. take a look around people. we live in Sodom and Gehmorah and it is the age of Noah and it is getting worse daily .
He speaks to mere men and he is our hope to get through what is coming ... He is our Savior and will save all who call on him... knock seek and you will find.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:12 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Thanks for bringing the thread back on track if only for a minute, mstelm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity