Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 09:05 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,718 times

Advertisements

right the "anti-christ " who will deceive the world is going to be" Like christ" .... "christ like" but he is antichrist . but will be of hell and lead all to hell who follow him . What we know for sure is a LIKE HE will save them just like they want to be "saved" "as I am ' and not require them to change either .
BUT not how they must be saved for a Holy God to draw near to them, which means getting saved like they won't want to be saved, but is still required if they are to be saved through the fire coming.

next time it isn't water.. or ice that will purify this world .. it is fire ! We must be made fireproof . and Salvation requires that we are to be purified in his holiness , not the world's ideas of holiness, But the Father's idea's of holiness .Which means it is only Christ's holiness of true love ....and a kind of "like" Jesus Holiness isn't Jesus perfect Holiness.
we must ask Jesus himself for his holiness.. as Jesus will not make you or anyone take it , and then drag you unwillingly through the testing and through their lessons.. so you go willingly as possible or you just don't go .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 09:45 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'd say I shed them the day 8 days after I was saved when I read Leviticus for the first time and burned all my New Age garbage in response to a rude awakening G-d style. Which is why I also said I then locked myself away with nothing but the word for the next 2 years studying to UNlearn all the garbage I had thought was the truth. Peace
Quote:
No, what you find is that I still had a holdover 15-20 years ago that came at me in a different guise but it was the same spirit from before, the "we are Christ" bit, I just told you was a lie, and I will continue to tell you is a lie. Being one with Him is NOT the same as BEING Him, the Head and body are one through union, not through same identity.

And this lie is paramount to all New Age thinking, and since the Spirit is not divided it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to have ANY truth EXCEPT that which has been corrupted, because of the nature of the two spirits being diametrically opposed. But a lot of them are a very "loving" bunch that promote it and so that makes the poison go down like honey. Peace
You had a holdover "spirit"? I'm not understanding what you mean.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I can understand where you are coming from believing in the illusion of separation from God. He is our true idenity. When i say our true identity, i do not mean a jewish looking man with a beard and long hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You cannot see him as he is, unless, you are as he is with or without long hair.

Beards are optional.
Ha! Good to know.

Christ in Jesus is the same Christ that is in us. This is my point of convergence with my Christian friends. And the distinctive characteristics of Christ in us, are those of the Spirit of the God who is love.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Ha! Good to know.

Christ in Jesus is the same Christ that is in us. This is my point of convergence with my Christian friends. And the distinctive characteristics of Christ in us, are those of the Spirit of the God who is love.
God is love would be readily accepted by our fundamentalist friends if it condemned and sent folk into eternal torment for not accepting his love. It doesn't so what they call truth(their own beliefs about God and the bible) is greater than love, because their beliefs accomplish what in their minds God's love cannot.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
God is love would be readily accepted by our fundamentalist friends if it condemned and sent folk into eternal torment for not accepting his love. It doesn't so what they call truth(their own beliefs about God and the bible) is greater than love, because their beliefs accomplish what in their minds God's love cannot.
Well, I think maybe that's a really important point. Christ within each of us (all people, without exclusion) is constantly, constantly calling us to come further up and further in*. We all have that in common, and in my book that is huge. It's really the thing that matters more than all of our differences.

Different people have different ideas about how to respond to the call. To you and I, it's all about maintaining our focus on Christ within, and re-focusing as often as we need to when something pulls our attention away.

Our fundamentalist friends don't agree with our "New-Agey, hippy-dippy, fluffy-puppy, lovey-dovey (have I forgotten any?) approach. But the fact remains that Christ is within all of us, constantly, constantly calling, and it is Christ within that is doing the work of bringing us each further up and further in.

*Forgive the Chronicles of Narnia reference, but I always loved those books.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:51 AM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

Old 08-27-2017, 12:22 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,049,777 times
Quote:
You had a holdover "spirit"? I'm not understanding what you mean.

Meaning something that still had to go. Peace

Old 08-27-2017, 12:26 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,049,777 times
Quote:

An idol's still an idol, even if it "appears" to be a "good" one. Peace

Old 08-27-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Meaning something that still had to go. Peace
You mean a belief that had to go?

Old 08-27-2017, 12:34 PM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Well, I think maybe that's a really important point. Christ within each of us (all people, without exclusion) is constantly, constantly calling us to come further up and further in*. We all have that in common, and in my book that is huge. It's really the thing that matters more than all of our differences.
Different people have different ideas about how to respond to the call. To you and I, it's all about maintaining our focus on Christ within, and re-focusing as often as we need to when something pulls our attention away.
Our fundamentalist friends don't agree with our "New-Agey, hippy-dippy, fluffy-puppy, lovey-dovey (have I forgotten any?) approach. But the fact remains that Christ is within all of us, constantly, constantly calling, and it is Christ within that is doing the work of bringing us each further up and further in.
*Forgive the Chronicles of Narnia reference, but I always loved those books.
I just love your straight-from-the-hip way of expressing your insights, Pleroo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity