Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2017, 01:33 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
John 1King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
KJV omitted the letter 'a' at John 1:1 but added the letter 'a' at Acts 28:6 B even thought the same Greek grammar rule applies at both verses.

Only God had No beginning according to Psalms 90:2. His being from everlasting, Not from any beginning or start.
So, then Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning. In the beginning Not before the beginning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 01:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
KJV omitted the letter 'a' at John 1:1 but added the letter 'a' at Acts 28:6 B even thought the same Greek grammar rule applies at both verses.

Only God had No beginning according to Psalms 90:2. His being from everlasting, Not from any beginning or start.
So, then Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning. In the beginning Not before the beginning.

No, Jesus the man wasn't, but the Spirit Seed that was Christ, was in the loins of the Father always. Peace

Old 09-03-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Who caused water to gush from the Rock when Moses diobeyed God and smote the rock ? God or Moses?.
Apparently because of the people humble Moses ' lost it ' so to speak, speaking rashly with his lips.
God caused the water, but because Moses did Not give credit to his God is what caused the problem - Numbers 20.
Moses did Not call attention that God was the Provider.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, Jesus the man wasn't, but the Spirit Seed that was Christ, was in the loins of the Father always. Peace
I find Jesus as the spirit seed is the ' seed ' (offspring) mentioned at the first prophecy of Genesis 3:15.
At his baptism Jesus proved to be the Christ or Anointed One by his God and Father.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Apparently because of the people humble Moses ' lost it ' so to speak, speaking rashly with his lips.
God caused the water, but because Moses did Not give credit to his God is what caused the problem - Numbers 20.
Moses did Not call attention that God was the Provider.
No, I see no indication of that. What I read is the Moses did not follow NEW instructions, but seemed to think in magical terms that what he did the first time would be the right thing to do the second. Sort of like clinging to an Old Covenant when a New one is in place.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:32 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, I see no indication of that. What I read is the Moses did not follow NEW instructions, but seemed to think in magical terms that what he did the first time would be the right thing to do the second. Sort of like clinging to an Old Covenant when a New one is in place.
And what is that new covenant?...

Old 09-04-2017, 04:59 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
I find Jesus as the spirit seed is the ' seed ' (offspring) mentioned at the first prophecy of Genesis 3:15.
At his baptism Jesus proved to be the Christ or Anointed One by his God and Father.
Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 3

15 And I shall place hatred between you and between the woman, and between your seed and between her seed. He will crush your head, and you will bite his heel."

VI. SUMMARY
The application in Genesis 3:15 of the term הָּ עְ רַ ז ,her seed, refers to Eve’s generic
descendants, i.e., humanity, since, according to the account of Creation in Genesis,
Adam and Eve are considered as the progenitors of all of us. To accept and believe
the claim that Genesis 3:15 is a “messianic prophecyâ€, that the "seed of Eve"
referred to therein can be distinctly and unambiguously identified as pointing to a
specific individual, Jesus, requires an incredible quantum leap of faith and ignoring
the facts.

Within the realm of Jewish theology, this verse could certainly be understood to
eventually include ַיחִ שָׁ מ at some point in the human chain of genealogies, since
according to the Hebrew Bible he is expected to be a flesh and blood human being,
a descendant of King David and, thus, a descendant of Adam and Eve as well.
But this is in no way a unique identification and pointer to ַיחִ שָׁ מ ,to that specific
individual whose coming is foretold in the Hebrew Bible. - http://thejewishhome.org/counter/Gen315.pdf

Old 09-04-2017, 12:14 PM

1,146 posts, read 648,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You judge according to the flesh: I judge not any man. - Jesus

Sure, I took it out of context...but it stands alone in MY book.
What do the fear-based Bible thumpers say to this?

Can you picture Jesus saying this? Because...wow.
Nothing in the Bible stands alone. Those who wish to bend its words for their own purpose make it fit their agenda of sin.

Jesus said that He didn't judge anyone (John 8:15). The implication is that judgment is the function of the Law. The Law is judge, not Jesus.

Jesus also said that He did not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it. - Matt 5:17 One who fulfills the Law does not change it, abolish it or alter the judgments it states.

Jesus was addressing Jews when He stated He did not judge. Every Jew who heard His words fully understood what He meant because they understood the Law.

Gentiles are ignorant of the Law. Because they do not know the law they tend to believe and act according to what they think is best for themselves - not what God has declared. Presuming to be their own God they make their own changeable rules and are trapped in their own folly and sin not knowing they are judged by the Law anyway.

The Law is the judge. Those who do not live by the Law will die by the Law. Romans 2:12

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

This is true for those who have been justified by the blood of Christ and for those who are not. Grace is given to those who accept Christ and are saved. Grace is given so that the disciple of Christ my live according to the Law - not as though they were lawless.

The Law is the judge, not Christ.

Read the Bible. Read the Torah and the Tanakh (the Old Testament). Read the gospels and the epistles (New Testament).
It says so. All of it. Not bits and pieces.

If you wish to learn the deep things of God, begin by learning the Law. It will be a good beginning.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Last edited by Choir Loft; 09-04-2017 at 12:25 PM..

Old 09-04-2017, 12:34 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Nothing in the Bible stands alone. Those who wish to bend its words for their own purpose make it fit their agenda of sin.

Jesus said that He didn't judge anyone (John 8:15). The implication is that judgment is the function of the Law. The Law is judge, not Jesus.

Jesus also said that He did not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it. - Matt 5:17 One who fulfills the Law does not change it, abolish it or alter the judgments it states.

Jesus was addressing Jews when He stated He did not judge. Every Jew who heard His words fully understood what He meant because they understood the Law.

Gentiles are ignorant of the Law. Because they do not know the law they tend to believe and act according to what they think is best for themselves - not what God has declared. Presuming to be their own God they make their own changeable rules and are trapped in their own folly and sin not knowing they are judged by the Law anyway.

The Law is the judge. Those who do not live by the Law will die by the Law. Romans 2:12

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

This is true for those who have been justified by the blood of Christ and for those who are not. Grace is given to those who accept Christ and are saved. Grace is given so that the disciple of Christ my live according to the Law - not as though they were lawless.

The Law is the judge, not Christ.

Read the Bible. Read the Torah and the Tanakh (the Old Testament). Read the gospels and the epistles (New Testament).
It says so. All of it. Not bits and pieces.

If you wish to learn the deep things of God, begin by learning the Law. It will be a good beginning.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

AMEN.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
There is also no such thing as a license to judge what you assume is sin in another ^^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity