Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 09:42 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, "she" is right here, no need to go around me to insult me. You have created your own G-d and your own religion that bears no resemblance to the one He died for, nor for the scriptures He and the disciples all upheld, most of which you ignore because it doesn't fit your man made images. Peace
Small request. Please try not to use that word in that manner.
I think that everytime I see that happen.
I'm sure I've done it too.
Just a reminder...

Words have power, and when they're not used in the proper setting, in the proper way, they can lose that power.
Saying "peace" to someone should happen when there isn't anger. And I just really sense anger or maybe just frustration in your post.
Maybe I'm wrong.
But felt this was a good time to finally say this.
Sorry, don't mean to point you out. It was just what I perceived as a relevant instance.
But perhaps my perceptions are wrong.
Either way, hopefully what I'm trying to convey is coming across.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 10:52 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Small request. Please try not to use that word in that manner.
I think that everytime I see that happen.
I'm sure I've done it too.
Just a reminder...

Words have power, and when they're not used in the proper setting, in the proper way, they can lose that power.
Saying "peace" to someone should happen when there isn't anger. And I just really sense anger or maybe just frustration in your post.
Maybe I'm wrong.
But felt this was a good time to finally say this.
Sorry, don't mean to point you out. It was just what I perceived as a relevant instance.
But perhaps my perceptions are wrong.
Either way, hopefully what I'm trying to convey is coming across.

So you would also have me go against what the Spirit told me to do when I first came on this board, would you? NO, I'm not going to appease your flesh. I'm sure He has His reasons. Peace

Old 09-08-2017, 10:55 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus KNEW the Father and knew that the Scriptures were wrong about God's true nature because they were under a primitive veil of ignorance (blind minds).

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

No, Jesus, constantly upheld the scriptures, including saying that He had not come to destroy them. So what spirit is it then that does seek to, seeing how the Spirit is not divided? And when the veil is taken away, you SEE CHRIST IN ALL OF THEM. UNTIL THEN, you don't. Notice it requires the heart turning toward the Lord to accomplish that. Do you think denigrating what He called living oracles constitutes the heart turning? Peace

Old 09-08-2017, 11:13 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Jesus KNEW the Father and knew that the Scriptures were wrong about God's true nature because they were under a primitive veil of ignorance (blind minds).

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Quote:
No, Jesus, constantly upheld the scriptures, including saying that He had not come to destroy them. So what spirit is it then that does seek to, seeing how the Spirit is not divided? And when the veil is taken away, you SEE CHRIST IN ALL OF THEM. UNTIL THEN, you don't. Notice it requires the heart turning toward the Lord to accomplish that. Do you think denigrating what He called living oracles constitutes the heart turning? Peace
I denigrate nothing but the evil interpretations of God's nature and motives as described in the ignorant (blind minds) OT. Of course, Jesus didn't come to destroy anything. He came to correct the misunderstanding of the scriptures, which primarily tell us about Him, and to reveal the true nature of God unambiguously by His life, teaching, and especially His death.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Absolute BS, he rarely mentioned the scripture, so how can you say he constantly upheld them, and when he did quote them it was to correct the wrong gleaning the equivalent the modern day fundy took from them, the other occasion was to rebuke the devil for twisting the scriptures.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:38 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Absolute BS, he rarely mentioned the scripture, so how can you say he constantly upheld them, and when he did quote them it was to correct the wrong gleaning the equivalent the modern day fundy took from them, the other occasion was to rebuke the devil for twisting the scriptures.
Aren't the two one in the same?...

Old 09-09-2017, 04:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Aren't the two one in the same?...
I'm saying nothing.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:59 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm saying nothing.
They both twist scripture?...

Old 09-09-2017, 06:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
They both twist scripture?...
To be fair, come on...they just interpret it differently than non-fundimentalists.....(see, this is why
we type Fundie...I misspelled it... it's not some insult...just easier, guys...not
everything is a reason to fight...indignation, rather than flowing/peace is the nature of the
worldy or ego thought system...it is not where any of us want to be.)

Mods, is this off -topic enough to finally close this thing already? Just wondering...I could talk
about Irma if that helps ...and I've conquered my skunk problem I think...

Old 09-09-2017, 06:37 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:

I'm impressed, when i saw veil was misspelled i see you didn't just copy -paste, but typed the whole thing out, Mystic.

From the RSV, my fave because it was my first Bible, a drop different:
14 But their minds were hardened; for to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
15 Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their minds*;
16 but when a man turns to the Lord the veil is removed.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

I had never noticed the underlined before; that's pretty darn significant to the discussions
that go on here..

Just wanted to add this primitive veil of ignorance was not their fault...they were babies!
A clap of thunder and they could think God was angry!
I would have, too, back then...it was the mind-set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity