Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2017, 07:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

Just wanted to add this primitive veil of ignorance was not their fault...they were babies!
A clap of thunder and they could think God was angry!
I would have, too, back then...it was the mind-set.
Of cause it wasn't their fault, but the great truth is throughout the ages has man has sought after God, God has sought after us too. The scriptures bear this out, draw near to him and HE WILL draw near to you,and the more we draw the more God becomes clearer to us as he bomes closer, and we begin to see that he is not the god of the old thought of the primitives nor the god to those who called him Jehovah. If you check out the names of Jehovah, not one of them corresponds with the darkside the fundamentalists would have us believeabout him. They are without excuse portaying him in the light they do once they have read these scriptures below. They should stop immediately believing because someone said in the scriptures this is how God is that they must have been right.

900+ Names and Titles of God (God's names)

He is all these things for our sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 07:19 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I'm impressed, when i saw veil was misspelled i see you didn't just copy -paste, but typed the whole thing out, Mystic.

From the RSV, my fave because it was my first Bible, a drop different:
14 But their minds were hardened; for to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
15 Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their minds*;
16 but when a man turns to the Lord the veil is removed.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

I had never noticed the underlined before; that's pretty darn significant to the discussions
that go on here..

Just wanted to add this primitive veil of ignorance was not their fault...they were babies!
A clap of thunder and they could think God was angry!
I would have, too, back then...it was the mind-set.

well spoken miss. I don't agree with the god thing, but the meaning is clear when taken in contexted and spoken to help people. It is also more valid than the opposites sides claims. rip anything, deny anything, and run away when data doesn't support a belief statement.

The spirit, for me, can be taught as a meme. A meme is actually an expression of "energy", which we don't know what it is, but it "works". Get it ... it Works ... lmow, sorry, its a science joke.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus KNEW the Father and knew that the Scriptures were wrong about God's true nature because they were under a primitive veil of ignorance (blind minds).

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
as soon as you as get past your definition/understanding of "emergence', you will no longer have to rely on "personal experience"and "mirages of reality."

you will, like leap off the planet.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Of cause it wasn't their fault, but the great truth is throughout the ages has man has sought after God, God has sought after us too. The scriptures bear this out, draw near to him and HE WILL draw near to you,and the more we draw the more God becomes clearer to us as he bomes closer, and we begin to see that he is not the god of the old thought of the primitives nor the god to those who called him Jehovah. If you check out the names of Jehovah, not one of them corresponds with the darkside the fundamentalists would have us believeabout him. They are without excuse portaying him in the light they do once they have read these scriptures below. They should stop immediately believing because someone said in the scriptures this is how God is that they must have been right.

900+ Names and Titles of God (God's names)

He is all these things for our sake.
yup, the universe is everything we know. period. I just don't understand why people deny it to maintain a statement of belief over a knowledge claim,. its weird, its, well, less complex. like a monkey monkey deciding what best for humans.

I just can't get past the fact that we sit around and let it happen.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:02 AM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
So you would also have me go against what the Spirit told me to do when I first came on this board, would you? NO, I'm not going to appease your flesh. I'm sure He has His reasons. Peace
You are very confused. The Spirit does not tell us to act in such a manner.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:30 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
She listens to a different "spirit."

Old 09-09-2017, 09:49 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

And what manner would that be? Peace

Old 09-09-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I denigrate nothing but the evil interpretations of God's nature and motives as described in the ignorant (blind minds) OT. Of course, Jesus didn't come to destroy anything. He came to correct the misunderstanding of the scriptures, which primarily tell us about Him, and to reveal the true nature of God unambiguously by His life, teaching, and especially His death.

Which is a witness to the veil still being upon your mind when you read Moses. Peace

Old 09-09-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Absolute BS, he rarely mentioned the scripture, so how can you say he constantly upheld them, and when he did quote them it was to correct the wrong gleaning the equivalent the modern day fundy took from them, the other occasion was to rebuke the devil for twisting the scriptures.

No, it's not BS. Your refusal to face the truth for twisted doctrine, that's BS. Stephen, speaking by the Spirit, called them "living oracles". Jesus had this to say...

Mat 5:19 - Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:15 AM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And what manner would that be? Peace
For example, what does "peace" mean to you, when you put it at the end of a sentence?
Because I don't think it means what you think it means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity