Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 10:13 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,435,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
People create their own environment.
I agree, we do. And that has much more profound and far-reaching implications for all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 10:14 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,390,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Not sure why, if I was, that I wouldn't just start posting under my old username...but logic has never really been a STRONG suit of people that are atheistic in their thought processes.
Logic and reason are 2 things you lose all sense of once you commit your self to so called bible based churches.

Come now let's reason "together" >>>>> saith the Lord

Old 08-03-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Now, now...what is good for the goose is also good for the gander...
everyone has frustration and indignation for something...
let's not keep it up ..that is what you will get back, dontchano.
Feel it..your feelings are valid...but writing it to us all is not necessary, you know...set an example
to stupid atheists...ooops, kidding...to those wonderful atheists. LOL...gotcha.

Actually atheists are using logic very much so...it is going beyond this little pea brain's logic of ours where
an experience of the Non-physical may happen.
You know, MissH, I don't think a single atheist has posted on this thread.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,474,298 times
Oh, maybe just Trout and people that are not Fundies, right...but on my other thread,maybe.
Even I get them confused.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh, maybe just Trout and people that are not Fundies, right...but on my other thread,maybe.
Even I get them confused.
Trout isn't an atheist. But, yes, I think when BF refers to people who are "atheistic in their thought processes", he is referring to anyone that doesn't view the bible as the infallible "Word of God", or maybe doesn't believe in eternal hell, or some of the other "fundamentalist" doctrines. Which would mean you also have atheistic ways of thinking. So welcome to the club. We love ya.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:52 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,830,151 times
Quote:
OK. Did some searching in the forums for him. Apparently he was a pastor that certain folks had issue with because he made them look bad. They hounded him nonstop and he quit posting. And because someone else shows up that has knowledge of the Bible, they automatically think I'm that guy. Not sure why, if I was, that I wouldn't just start posting under my old username...but logic has never really been a STRONG suit of people that are atheistic in their thought processes.

OK..yeah. That doesn't make them look paranoid or hostile at all. That makes these forums a place where people really want to post. When people attack others for no reason at all. This kind of garbage is pathetic.

I came to this forum thinking we'd talk about Christianity...and all I see is a bunch of people just looking for a reason to attack the few Christians that actually DO post here.
Welcome to citydata, Christian subforum.

It has improved somewhat over the yrs.

Ups and downs of course. Alot of atheist have come to know the Lord in this forum. so don't go getting discouraged because of a few hecklers.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:06 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,086,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Trout isn't an atheist. But, yes, I think when BF refers to people who are "atheistic in their thought processes", he is referring to anyone that doesn't view the bible as the infallible "Word of God", or maybe doesn't believe in eternal hell, or some of the other "fundamentalist" doctrines. Which would mean you also have atheistic ways of thinking. So welcome to the club. We love ya.

I hold to a view that God is God. He revealed himself in the Bible, and Jesus died on the cross for us. So...I'm not going to comment on what he is or isn't...but I am disappointed that apparently those that DON'T believe those things pretty much swarm on and attack anyone that does....on a "Christian" forum, no less.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:07 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,086,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Logic and reason are 2 things you lose all sense of once you commit your self to so called bible based churches.

Come now let's reason "together" >>>>> saith the Lord
The irony is that in one breath you bash the Bible, and in the next you actually paraphrase it.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,275,017 times
Quote:
I hold to a view that God is God. He revealed himself in the Bible, and Jesus died on the cross for us. So...I'm not going to comment on what he is or isn't...but I am disappointed that apparently those that DON'T believe those things pretty much swarm on and attack anyone that does....on a "Christian" forum, no less.
You've been corrected on this many times, preacher. It's a forum for discussing Christianity.

There are many "Christian" forums online wherein naysayers and gadflies are quickly banned and the remaining brethren get to swap bible quotes, post in tongues and praise each other's testimonies.

I'm sure you'd be very happy joining one of them.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:46 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,390,595 times
Quote:
The irony is that in one breath you bash the Bible, and in the next you actually paraphrase it.
No, i reject your beliefs and man made doctrines in respect to the bible and reject that it is inerrant and infallible. I am not going to tip toe through the TULIP for you, i will call it for what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity