Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:55 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,112 times

Advertisements

here's what Jehovah God words through his many servants had said. Jesus had said , (John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved) ,Notice the word "MIGHT?" all those in Heaven knows MANY who calls themselves a "Christian", are living fowl. or shall i say straddling the fence? many still live as the rest of the world lives, (James 4:4). even though Jesus said to follow him ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me).

his true followers should be NO part of satan's world ,(1John 5:19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies in the wicked one).we should be as Jesus and his followers were ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). yet many "Christians" has some of these traits ,(2 Tim. 3:2-5 for men shall be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, evil speakers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, profane, without natural affection, implacable, slanderers, of unsubdued passions, savage, having no love for what is good, traitors, headlong, of vain pretensions, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God; having a form of piety but denying the power of it).

not to mention how many act here ,(1Cor. 6:9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality). yet many still believe "once saved always saved?" Jesus said this...(Matt. 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved). and he means trying our best to live according to the will of his Father. because not everyone calling on Jesus will be saved, his words! ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 09:41 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Once saved always saved is false doctrine. God does not take away one's free will once they become saved. You can turn back into perdition at any time.
Since free will was a gift to mankind and being that men are truly immortal, (our souls will never die), we will always have free will, even after our earthly death.

I cannot believe that free will was ever a limited or temporary gift, only accessible during a persons earthly life.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:25 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Since free will was a gift to mankind and being that men are truly immortal, (our souls will never die), we will always have free will, even after our earthly death.
Death will overtake you, not just your physical body as your brain will cease to function.
Quote:
I cannot believe that free will was ever a limited or temporary gift, only accessible during a persons earthly life.
Have you chosen the way in which you will die?

Old 01-08-2018, 11:21 AM

692 posts, read 375,560 times
Hannibel Flavus posted,

Quote:
Naah, being saved is extremely broad, I figure even Muslims, Hindus and Atheist are saved....
RESPONSE: Curiously, this is was also claimed by Vatican II in 1964!

Old 01-08-2018, 11:27 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay. Thanks for your input. I guess that would mean that the Apostle Thomas, aka "Doubting Thomas" was not saved, wouldn't it?
You don't really believe that he was lost........Jews always wanted a sign.....a temporary thing......actually Peter denied Jesus 3 times and was yet forgiven by Jesus later......the earthly ministry was before everyone received the Holy Spirit in the dispensation of grace.......an entirely different scene.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I don't believe for one second that if you lose faith you were never saved in the first place. That belief comes straight out of 5 point Calvinism if I remember correctly. At any rate, people lose faith for all sorts of reasons. It simply does not follow that if you lose faith you never had faith in the first place. And how can you lose something if you never had it to begin with. And if you did have faith to begin with then since the believer is eternally secure he cannot lose his salvation for any reason including a loss of faith.

Mike good to see you here........we speak of the religious ones the verse speaks to are all that sincerely believe they were saved but believed in error. Everybody who thinks that works will save them, or tithing, or getting water baptised can sincerely think they are saved but aren't. They face trials and slowly work their way to hating God. Those are the ones who never believed.

As you know things are different during Paul's message of grace til today. Jesus took sin off the table at the cross for everybody. Just to cover all the bases this is not universal security, but the one sin left for the lost is simply UNBELIEF as you know. Once sin was removed salvation was secure from the only thing that could take it away.........sin is gone so is death, in comes eternal life. Grace by definition is unmerited favor, you can't earn it and no one can take it away. You just receive it.

Conventional teaching is that you must live the "good" life and adhere to a performance based acceptance. Grace blows that all out of the water. I'm saved today by what JESUS did, not what I have done......He's perfect and I'm not. Eternal life would never use the term if it were only temporary.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Why did Jesus say this then;

Matthew 5:13

13 "You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot.

Or

" Any tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown in the fire. "

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinegrower. He removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit

Are you a Jew and have you spoken to Jesus directly lately? maybe you haven't because He isn't down here anymore and in the interim HE changed the dispensation from law to grace. In reality not even the Jews in Jerusalem can practice the law completely because the sacrifice hasn't returned, and won't until the tribulation. If you think you are still under the law in this age of grace you are actually under a curse and condemned.......it's right there in the book you claim to understand.........break ONE law and it's all over

Gal_3:10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a CURSE; for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them."

On the other hand those who believe the gospel of grace love Jesus because HE took their punishment for them and was the only one QUALIFIED to do it.........

Gal_3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"—

Old 01-08-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Once saved always saved is false doctrine. God does not take away one's free will once they become saved. You can turn back into perdition at any time.
Jesus came to change the ATTITUDES of His people.........I'm thrilled to be saved and ten thousand years from now I still will be, and that's the change in the heart that only God can work........

It's astounding to me that people would rather work and crawl up a mountain thru broken glass to prove they are worthy for heaven. Works mean nothing until AFTER you are saved, before salvation you can't please God in any except by faith.........

And just in passing your free will theory is trashed by the fact that the instant you die believers go to heaven and are judged for REWARDS and everybody else is held in hell until the Great White Throne judgment. You can think you have all the free will you want, in hell there is no way out........no changes.......unlike earthly prisons there are no escapes in God's prison..........

Old 01-08-2018, 12:56 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Jesus came to change the ATTITUDES of His people.........I'm thrilled to be saved and ten thousand years from now I still will be, and that's the change in the heart that only God can work........

It's astounding to me that people would rather work and crawl up a mountain thru broken glass to prove they are worthy for heaven. Works mean nothing until AFTER you are saved, before salvation you can't please God in any except by faith.........

And just in passing your free will theory is trashed by the fact that the instant you die believers go to heaven and are judged for REWARDS and everybody else is held in hell until the Great White Throne judgment. You can think you have all the free will you want, in hell there is no way out........no changes.......unlike earthly prisons there are no escapes in God's prison..........
Many use the evidence that "works" are found as a way be saved yet those verses that talk about the works under the old Mosaic law, not the works of a true believer.

Misuse of scripture.

True forgiveness includes a commitment to Jesus as our Lord and Savior, not just our savior. The word Lord means master and we must obey him. True believers obey because they want to. The works are an evidence of salvation/forgiveness, not a means of forgiveness. That is why James said that a faith without works is dead. A living faith will have works of faith and ... obedience. A dead faith will say I am saved and nothing can change that.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:08 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
Since many Atheists were formely very devout believers and claimed they no longer believed once they opened their eyes, does this mean a former Atheist is still saved because he accepted Jesus at a young age, but no longer believes?

If you say they werent saved to begin with, that means we really do have to do something to be saved and remain saved.

This is why Jesus talks about lip service, as you can accept him and live as you please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity