Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 01:44 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,805,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
But then remember Paul came and turn the message of Jesus on its head and made path to Kingdom based on believe and not works.

So now, all you need to do is believe in Jesus to be your savior, and boom! And done and dusted. Kingdom is guaranteed !!

If I was alive in the days of Paul, I would ask him, "Why don't you now commit suicide and go straight to heaven if it's guaranteed based on faith alone?"

I may be wrong but I think some Christians believe that since heaven is now guaranteed based on faith only, so it's not too bad to be drunk and fornicate and do all those sins because, Jesus has already died for their sins. lol
John 3

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -Jesus

John 5:24

“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.” -Jesus

Last edited by Horn of ‘83; 01-13-2018 at 01:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Peter failed and did not understand.

The blood is honest blood, the flesh is true food. One must eat and drink.

The wounds must become your wounds.

He said to follow Him. You cannot follow if you believe as you do.

You misunderstand because you fail to accept and keep His commandments His WORDS.

One cannot live except by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

" Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God.

The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it.

My brother's mother and sisters hear the word of God and do it.

The words of the upright save them but the speech of the wicked is a deadly ambush".
Mark 10

45 “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” -Jesus

Old 01-13-2018, 09:57 AM

3,220 posts, read 927,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Mark 10

45 “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” -Jesus
What is life but as Jesus said, God's word.

His life is the ransom to each who uses it.

He said He came so His sheep, those who follow Him,would have life. God's word is life.

Reference;

"It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

" I came so my sheep would have life and have it to the fullest. "

Old 01-13-2018, 10:01 AM

3,220 posts, read 927,563 times
Quote:
John 3

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -Jesus

“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.” -Jesus
And Jesus describes believing as doing works.

When one does the works of God they believe.

"He who believes In me shall do the works I do...... "

Old 01-13-2018, 10:39 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,094,801 times
Quote:
John 3

That's what I am saying.

What's the point of life here on earth AFTER one has "believed" in Jesus and no works are needed? Why live here anymore and pay bills and taxes? Why waste time and delaying from going to Heaven?

Old 01-13-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:

True, heartfelt belief saves us. Works are the result, not the conduit to redemption.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:53 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,949,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
There is a difference between sinning and being a slave to sin. The difference is the saved versus the unsaved.
Please explain what kind of sins a Christian is allowed to commit.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
That's what I am saying.

What's the point of life here on earth AFTER one has "believed" in Jesus and no works are needed? Why live here anymore and pay bills and taxes? Why waste time and delaying from going to Heaven?
The point is to become like Christ.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:54 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,949,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post

Just as most who claim to be Disciples of Christ in the bible, very few actually were.
Which disciples?

Old 01-13-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:

No, Jesus says works are the result of belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity