Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 12:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Do you ever wonder why this bothers him so much? I'm not in his head but I remember how frustrating it can be to not feel heard or feel like I was invisible. I'm not saying Finn's reacting out of not having his needs meet just that's how I reacted before I felt like my opinions mattered.
It is a bit frustrating to see people lie about what has been said. Nothing to do with needs or feelings of being invisible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
If that is the case here you're not helping him. Unless, it's in a tough love sort of way, that you keep working that nerve until he gets sick of being controlled by it and tries to fix it.
Working the nerve is called "trolling". There is a reason why I don't bother with pcamps. I don't even read his posts, unless someone replies to him, in which case they become visible.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:50 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,029,142 times
Quote:
If that is the case here you're not helping him. Unless, it's in a tough love sort of way, that you keep working that nerve until he gets sick of being controlled by it and tries to fix it. That way seems like it might backfire though and do more damage. If the feeling of being not heard is what's trapping him then hear him. Be as tenacious with making him feel understood as you are with telling him he doesn't understand.
But people are saying he's being disingenuous; double-minded; moving the goal posts. You can't do anything with that, unless they come clean and spit it out.

Me, I'm always ready to 'hand someone over to satan', if that's what they need, to 'save their soul'. Yea, tough love.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
If that is the case here you're not helping him. Unless, it's in a tough love sort of way, that you keep working that nerve until he gets sick of being controlled by it and tries to fix it. That way seems like it might backfire though and do more damage. If the feeling of being not heard is what's trapping him then hear him. Be as tenacious with making him feel understood as you are with telling him he doesn't understand.
Every time i stay off CD for a while, it's because i get caught up in that which i have let go of, the error of thought that thinks there isn't something far greater out there than "I Am" doing a much better job than i am behind the computer

Old 04-22-2018, 12:52 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is a bit frustrating to see people lie about what has been said. Nothing to do with needs or feelings of being invisible.
You are assuming they are lying instead of misunderstanding. Why are you raising the ante? I think it's time to bust out Hanlon's razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

Some versions use the term misunderstanding instead of stupidity. I find it helpful to attribute the misunderstanding 50% to me and 50% to whoever.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Working the nerve is called "trolling". There is a reason why I don't bother with pcamps. I don't even read his posts, unless someone replies to him, in which case they become visible.
Not necessarily. Working the nerve has worked a few times on me, I've gotten sick of being angry so I figured out I needed to change my approach. I've been slapped upside the head with my error a few times too. That just showed me where the problem was but did nothing to fix it.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Every time i stay off CD for a while, it's because i get caught up in that which i have let go of, the error of thought that thinks there isn't something far greater out there than "I Am" doing a much better job than i am behind the computer
Do you mean old faulty patterns of thinking resurface? That happens to me too.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
But people are saying he's being disingenuous; double-minded; moving the goal posts. You can't do anything with that, unless they come clean and spit it out.
Maybe you shouldn't believe everything people say, or you are gullible and become a part of the gossip team. You saw it yourself with Jerwade and Pcamps parroting I never answered the questions, even after I showed them answering on three different occasions. It is easy to see who the disingenuous ones are.

Quote:
Me, I'm always ready to 'hand someone over to satan', if that's what they need,
Go hand them over if that gets you though the night.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
You are assuming they are lying instead of misunderstanding.
Once you have been proven wrong, and still insist on the false claim, then it is not a matter of misunderstanding, but deliberate dishonesty.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily. Working the nerve has worked a few times on me, I've gotten sick of being angry so I figured out I needed to change my approach. I've been slapped upside the head with my error a few times too. That just showed me where the problem was but did nothing to fix it.
You are still using words like "ahole" to refer to people, so I am not sure how well it worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity