Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2018, 07:14 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
So if belief in Jesus is the requirement to be saved and the unredeemed believe, is then not their belief in Jesus of the same as those who right now believe? And if one believes in Jesus how can that one be called unredeemed?
It is to put faith in Jesus AND repent or turn away from your sin. Demons believe Jesus is God and are not saved.

You cannot have faith and a relationship with Jesus if you treat Him differently than what He is. Example. you and I meet to go out to dinner. I start treating you like a cat by giving you cat food and squirting you with water when you sat on furniture. Now how do you think our relationship would be?

Old 04-24-2018, 07:19 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,382,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
It is to put faith in Jesus AND repent or turn away from your sin. Demons believe Jesus is God and are not saved.

You cannot have faith and a relationship with Jesus if you treat Him differently than what He is. Example. you and I meet to go out to dinner. I start treating you like a cat by giving you cat food and squirting you with water when you sat on furniture. Now how do you think our relationship would be?
So reverential worship in Jesus Christ to the glory of God the Father in your opinion are people who do not put their trust in Jesus.

Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess (confession by the way is unto salvation) that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father.

Which matches up very nicely with what we are commanded to teach which again is Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:23 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,586 times
Quote:
So reverential worship in Jesus Christ to the glory of God the Father in your opinion are people who do not put their trust in Jesus.

Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess (confession by the way is unto salvation) that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father.

Which matches up very nicely with what we are commanded to teach which again is Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN.
You are projecting and accusing when I did not say that. Do you know putting your faith in Jesus even means?

Old 04-24-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
You are projecting and accusing when I did not say that. Do you know putting your faith in Jesus even means?
Well we are talking about those verses so saying this in reply to those verses

Quote:

you are in effect saying what I said you were saying.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:32 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
So if belief in Jesus is the requirement to be saved and the unredeemed believe, is then not their belief in Jesus of the same as those who right now believe? And if one believes in Jesus how can that one be called unredeemed?
What did Jesus say?

And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

Today is the day of salvation.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:37 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,910 times
Quote:
you misunderstood my point if you think i referring to anything you posted in that quote.
If you refer to God counting the cost, and salvation at least twice, then I don't understand your comment above either. I wasn't disagreeing about universal reconciliation - absolutely not, only disagreeing with respect to the means of that reconciliation being 'salvation'. My view is that reconcilation is achieved through I am-ness.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:00 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Demons believe Jesus is God and are not saved.
You should put aside that demon or evil spirit of damnation.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What did Jesus say?

And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

Today is the day of salvation.
A couple of things here jim.

First you say you agree we are commanded to teach Jesus Christ is the saviour of all men, yet you then turn around and post scripture that you believe is contrary to Jesus Christ being the saviour of all men. That is very strange indeed.

Second Jesus broke down that wall of partition (the chasm) that was in place that separated the dead from the living because He is the resurrection.

And what does today mean to you?

It obviously does not mean today as we would understand the word or does it?

That scripture stating today is the day of salvation was written 2000 years ago so if it meant a literal today then no one has or can be saved for the last 2000 years.

Therefore we know it must be saying something a little different then the norm. Christians today use the term to mean 70+ years of this life to mean today. But where on the earth did they get this understanding that today =70+ years of life. They simply made it up because they believe that you have to believe in Christ in this life or before you die.

Jim the real meaning of today is the day of salvation has to do with when the word of God comes to you/the individual that is your/their day of salvation.

It has NOTHING to do with 70+ years of this life nor does it have anything to do with the next life, it has to do with when the word of God/Christ comes to each of us, that is our today.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
If you refer to God counting the cost, and salvation at least twice, then I don't understand your comment above either. I wasn't disagreeing about universal reconciliation - absolutely not, only disagreeing with respect to the means of that reconciliation being 'salvation'. My view is that reconcilation is achieved through I am-ness.
Salvation is not a one shot deal as in the sinners prayer. Salvation is actually a way of life that starts with being reconciled in Christ and is suppose to be our daily walk in Christ throughout this life.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:47 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
A couple of things here jim.

First you say you agree we are commanded to teach Jesus Christ is the saviour of all men, yet you then turn around and post scripture that you believe is contrary to Jesus Christ being the saviour of all men. That is very strange indeed.

Second Jesus broke down that wall of partition (the chasm) that was in place that separated the dead from the living because He is the resurrection.

And what does today mean to you?

It obviously does not mean today as we would understand the word or does it?

That scripture stating today is the day of salvation was written 2000 years ago so if it meant a literal today then no one has or can be saved for the last 2000 years.

Therefore we know it must be saying something a little different then the norm. Christians today use the term to mean 70+ years of this life to mean today. But where on the earth did they get this understanding that today =70+ years of life. They simply made it up because they believe that you have to believe in Christ in this life or before you die.

Jim the real meaning of today is the day of salvation has to do with when the word of God comes to you/the individual that is your/their day of salvation.

It has NOTHING to do with 70+ years of this life nor does it have anything to do with the next life, it has to do with when the word of God/Christ comes to each of us, that is our today.
Jesus is the savior of all men, but faith is required to access it.

Can you provide a scriptural reference for the chasm being bridged? How about people being saved after death?

*My name is Jimmie or jimmiej, not Jim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity