Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 07:07 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
People, people, listen up.

don't get the term GIANT mixed up with height.

understand king David was a mighty man. he had a reputation, "RENOWN" for his warrior skills.

1 Samuel 18:5 "And David went out whithersoever Saul sent him, and behaved himself wisely: and Saul set him over the men of war, and he was accepted in the sight of all the people, and also in the sight of Saul's servants.

1 Samuel 18:6 "And it came to pass as they came, when David was returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, that the women came out of all cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet king Saul, with tabrets, with joy, and with instruments of musick.

1 Samuel 18:7 "And the women answered one another as they played, and said, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands.

see, the word H1368 גִּבּוֹר gibbowr (ghib-bore') adj. don't always means stature in height, no
גִּבֹּר gibbor (ghib-bore') [shortened]
1. powerful.
2. (by implication) a warrior, tyrant.
[intensive from the same as H1397]
KJV: champion, chief, X excel, giant, man, mighty (man, one), strong (man), valiant man.

see how the KJV casn translate the word, "man", yes just a regular man in height, but a powerful warrior, as king David was.

so don't let your imagination run wild on height.
Give you provide one verse when a normal man is referred to as a 'Nephilim'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 07:24 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Give you provide one verse when a normal man is referred to as a 'Nephilim'?
did I not just do that with king David? see, Nephilim are called "Mighty men", supportive scripture,

Genesis 6:4 "There were giants/Nephilim in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

see, these giants/Nephilim became "MIGHTY MEN". now that we know that let's concertrate on "MIGHTY MEN". the definition, H1368 גִּבּוֹר gibbowr (ghib-bore') adj.
גִּבֹּר gibbor (ghib-bore') [shortened]
1. powerful.
2. (by implication) a warrior, tyrant.
[intensive from the same as H1397]
KJV: champion, chief, X excel, giant, man, mighty (man, one), strong (man), valiant man.

see, a "Mighty Man" known as a Nephilim dose not always mean in "height" . it can mean a STRONG MAN, a VALIANT MAN, or just a man. again look at the definition above.

king David, and some of him men was MIGHTY MEN who killed a lot of other men.

as said some was tall and some was not.

don't let Nephilim stick in your head only as GIANTS in stature ONLY. see, tradition of men have planted the notion in men heads that Nephilim are only giants, but the bible is clear. as our apostle, leave those old wives, and fairy tails behind, and re-new your mind in the knowledge of Christ.

hope this help.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:31 AM

people understand the word giant as how it is used, example in our today's language. Albert Einstein was a "GIANT" in the field of physics.

so was Einstein a very tall man? of course not. he just was a "POWERFUL" (knowledgeable) "man" in the subject matter.

are we understanding now?.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:39 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
people understand the word giant as how it is used, example in our today's language. Albert Einstein was a "GIANT" in the field of physics.

so was Einstein a very tall man? of course not. he just was a "POWERFUL" (knowledgeable) "man" in the subject matter.

Why did omnigod create such a confusing book of rules?

Old 05-11-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Why did omnigod create such a confusing book of rules?
he didn't. it's just foolish me without the guide of the Holy Spirit try to interpret his holy word, but it can only be reveal by himself only. that's why so much division, and confusion today. men hate light/Knowledge, they don't want to renew their minds. they rather follow tradition.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:57 AM

Let me say something here. the bible is complete and truthful, it's us who is the problem.

there is so much information in the creation account alone till it's mind boggling. but with the help of the helper, the Holy Spirit, it can be understood.

for years, and I mean years I rack my brain as to get an understanding who the Sons of God were, especially in Genesis chapter 6. I asked everyone I knew to ask, pastors, deacons, elders in the church, all to no avail. I almost gave up.

I got mad, because I didn't know. I got mad at the devil, logical. but no it was not him, and for sure it was not God, so that left ME.

so I humble myself and admitted to God I don't know nothing, and asked him to reveal it to me. he did, it was always in front of my face, but I was to stupid to see it. I was looking for what men told me. see, I was the problem.

well, I stop to men to follow them, but not to what they say, because I want scripture. yes, I will hear you, but I'm checking out what you say first by his word.

men interpretation of God's Holy Word is useless. only state your case and let the word of God STAND. for if what you say is true, God will confirm it in his Holy Word.

that's why I ask for scripture, and give scripture so that the hearer can check it out with the Holy Spirit to make sure it's right.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:23 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Why are you refusing to address Job 38:7 in which the context is the sons of God watching as God creates the earth? You claim that the sons of God are humans. How could humans exist before the earth did?
you know that one seemed quite a question in my mind..
if you are outside of time ..maybe you can move freely from one time to another time..
so maybe these perfected righteous thus lawful men could jump times as well as dimension. time just might be a dimension that lawful men/ perfectly trained / on the same path as the Lord / walking in the footsteps of the Lord, maybe the Sons of God can and have been able to navigate backwards or even forwards
like to lay track down and level paths for his people to follow..... and I do think that is a gift he will give some men as rewards..
you know Jim Croce song "time in a bottle.." just might have a hint of truth in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1rMeYnOmM

it sure pulls at the strings of a heart that knows there is an eternity ! and probably as much eternity behind us as in front of us. and it is probably all in a bottle.. to think Holliweird does this theme all the time ! how many movies and tv shows has there been about moving outside of time ... like time is just a wall you can jump over.
AND IF MAN CAN DREAM IT UP.. YOU KNOW GOD CANAND DID IT ALREADY !
BECAUSE THE THOUGHTS PROBABLY STOLEN FROM HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-11-2018 at 09:47 AM..

Old 05-11-2018, 09:58 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you know that one seemed quite a question in my mind..
if you are outside of time ..maybe you can move freely from one time to another time..
so maybe these perfected righteous thus lawful men could jump times as well as dimension. time just might be a dimension that lawful men/ perfectly trained / on the same path as the Lord / walking in the footsteps of the Lord, maybe the Sons of God can and have been able to navigate backwards or even forwards
like to lay track down and level paths for his people to follow..... and I do think that is a gift he will give some men as rewards..
you know Jim Croce song "time in a bottle.." just might have a hint of truth in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1rMeYnOmM

it sure pulls at the strings of a heart that knows there is an eternity ! and probably as much eternity behind us as in front of us. and it is probably all in a bottle.. to think Holliweird does this theme all the time ! how many movies and tv shows has there been about moving outside of time ... like time is just a wall you can jump over.
AND IF MAN CAN DREAM IT UP.. YOU KNOW GOD CANAND DID IT ALREADY !
BECAUSE THE THOUGHTS PROBABLY STOLEN FROM HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.
You think that righteous time traveling humans is a more reasonable assumption than understanding the sons of God in Job 38:7 to be angels?

Old 05-11-2018, 11:49 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
This passage has had two interpretations in Judaism.

Offspring of Seth: The first references to the offspring of Seth rebelling from God and mingling with the daughters of Cain are found in Christian and Rabbinic literature from the second century CE onwards e.g. Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai, Augustine of Hippo, Julius Africanus, and the Letters attributed to St. Clement. It is also the view expressed in the modern canonical Amharic Ethiopian Orthodox Bible. In Judaism "Sons of God" usually refers to the righteous, i.e. the children of Seth.

Angels: All of the earliest sources interpret the "sons of God" as angels. From the third century BCE onwards, references are found in the Enochic literature, the Dead Sea Scrolls the (Genesis Apocryphon, the Damascus Document, 4Q180), Jubilees, the Testament of Reuben, 2 Baruch, Josephus, and the book of Jude (compare with 2 Peter 2). This is also the meaning of the only two identical occurrences of bene ha elohim in the Hebrew Bible (Job 1:6 and 2:1), and of the most closely related expressions (refer to the list above). In the Septuagint, the interpretive reading "angels" is found in Codex Alexandrinus, one of four main witnesses to the Greek text.

Rabbinic Judaism traditionally adheres to the first interpretation, with some exceptions, and modern Jewish translations may translate bnei elohim as "sons of rulers" rather than "sons of God". Regardless, the second interpretation (sons of angels or other divine beings) is nonexistent in modern Judaism. This is reflected by the rejection of Enoch and other Apocrypha supporting the second interpretation from the Hebrew Bible Canon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_God

One thing benei elokim does not mean is “sons of G‑d.” In fact, Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai would “curse” anyone who translated the term benei elokim as the “sons of G‑d.”1 The word elokim in Scripture, while generally referring to G‑d, is in essence merely an expression of authority.2 Similarly, the term benei does not necessarily mean “sons,” but is often just a title. Benei chorin, for example, means those who are free—not “sons of freedom.” - https://www.chabad.org/parshah/artic...nts-or-Men.htm
No one denies there are different interpretations but what does the evidence suggest about the original? Your own post demonstrates that and why was it interpreted differently and more to the point why was the 'holy text' intentionally changed to fit evolving theological ideas?

Look at the silliness of your last paragraph: One thing benei elokim does not mean is “sons of G‑d.”

It basically says 'One thing sons of God does not mean is sons of God.' Really, what it wrong with this picture? I gave you the contexts of a number of passages along with many pre Christian interpretations and this guy says that the one thing it does not mean is what it actually says. Only a religious dogmatists says such things in light of the clear evidence. Keep fooling yourself I don't care!

Old 05-11-2018, 11:55 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:

And clearly that is not how it was only used in accordance with the Nephilim the sons of Anak - it clearly has physical attributes associated with it. We even listed the texts that show that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity