Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 06:49 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Resh means poor man...

Nun means little miracle...

Hei means Here!...
now that is oversimplified at best... yet I have never seen a jew simplify any of their own works.. no they expand on the expansions... .. just christians views of Hebrew had to corrected with oversimplifications right? Richard .
but yes that would be true-ish ( though extremely over simplified ) .. but he was a poor man ( I said was ) who did do both little and big miracles and he is right here ! ..

so that works too!

But still if I drop that into the ancient ways and ancient paths ..
well natives will get it.

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Gra...t/Nun/nun.html
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Gra...t/Hey/hey.html
http://www.hebrewtoday.com/content/h...ter-hei-%D7%94
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/alphab...ters_resh.html

and these are just the simplified stuff for beginners ... no you over simplified Richard!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-06-2018 at 07:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 08:17 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
now that is oversimplified at best... yet I have never seen a jew simplify any of their own works.. no they expand on the expansions... .. just christians views of Hebrew had to corrected with oversimplifications right? Richard .
but yes that would be true-ish ( though extremely over simplified ) .. but he was a poor man ( I said was ) who did do both little and big miracles and he is right here ! ..

so that works too!

But still if I drop that into the ancient ways and ancient paths ..
well natives will get it.

The Letter Nun
The Letter Hey
The Hebrew Alphabet - The Letter Hei (
The Ancient Hebrew Alphabet - Resh

and these are just the simplified stuff for beginners ... no you over simplified Richard!
https://www.chabad.org/multimedia/me...-Light-Hei.htm

Go here and watch the videos regarding the letters of the Aleph-Beish if you desire a deeper understanding from a Rabbi...

Old 05-06-2018, 09:04 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
First thanks for the response,
No, not me, because I would know that he is false. because the true God made the man and the elephant.

so that would not work for me, maybe on some one else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
neither can he lay hands on LIFE... a rock cut with mans hands is Not God and can give instruction or can heal or raise itself from the dead, it can not create life or sustain it .. because it is dead and can never live.. ..
this hindu lacks basic knowledge of even the definition of life.. much less will he never understand an author of that 'life' he can't even fathom if he can call a rock God without cracking up...
Exactly !!

And the Hindu person will counter with the same sentiments. According to his faith, he would not consider Jesus as God no matter how you try to convince him. He will consider you, lacking the basic knowledge of theology, just as you think he lacks basic theology.

So it comes back to my original post. We do NOT have a universal frame of reference where EVERYONE agrees as to what and who God is?

And since we don't have that frame of reference, we can't use any proof or evidence of God.
You can't define and agree on what something is, how can you prove it's existence?

You can prove the existence of Jesus, and the Hindu person will agree with it, but when you say, Jesus is God, then it goes down the hill from there.

But yes indeed, there is no problem when someone claims that Jesus is the God in Christian faith. There is no argument in that.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:53 AM

691 posts, read 641,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
As Cardinals said...you proclaim 'proof' yet offer none. I say... Pffffft!
The proof is in your hand.

Spoiler
Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it? Prov 17:16

Old 05-06-2018, 09:54 AM

691 posts, read 641,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
No proof needed, Just Faith.
Faith without evidence is not faith.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:04 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
The bible isn't evidence of anything except how primitive people thought about gods.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:41 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The bible isn't evidence of anything except how primitive people thought about gods.
I believe it is.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:04 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
The proof is in your hand.

Spoiler
Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it? Prov 17:16
Quoting your bible to an atheist is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Quoting your bible to an atheist is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
I used to have one...Didn’t work out too well...Everytime that I put my cigarette in the ashtray, it would blow away...

Old 05-07-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Faith without evidence is dead faith...So says the book of James...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity