Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 04:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Lake of Theos? I am not sure what you are saying, and you are not explaining.

Eternal separation:

"They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might"
Ignore everything being said and defend the false belief that Jesus saved you from eternal torment without actually coming out clean and saying that is what you believe. This to me is classic example if there ever was of the man loves darkness more than light, that you will not be reasonably minded enough to consider not only what is being said to you, but denying your scheming ways which all can see without even trying to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 04:10 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
Lake of Theos? I am not sure what you are saying, and you are not explaining.

Eternal separation:

"They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might"
I know you are not sure, and since you do not want to dig I will not explain!

Futhermore: geheena, hades, death and hell are consummated in the Lake of Divinity!

Again: follow the bouncing ball

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends."

Ta pante= the all.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
F.J. you must wake up!

Greek scholar William Barclay wrote concerning kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement) in Matthew 25:46

"The Greek word for punishment is kolasis, which was not originally an ethical word at all. It originally meant the pruning of trees to make them grow better. There is no instance in Greek secular literature where kolasis does not mean remedial punishment. It is a simple fact that in Greek kolasis always means remedial punishment. God's punishment is always for man's cure."

************************************************** ************************************************** ****

"What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath–prepared for destruction." Romans 9:22

Fitted=katartivzw

Katartivzw=

To render or to fit.

To make sound or complete.

To mend what has been broken or rent.

To repair what has been broken or rent.

“And this brings us face to face with a blunder of our traditional creed, which is radical. It talks of God's love as though that stood merely on a par with His justice though it were something belonging to Him which He puts on or off. It is hardly possible to open a religious book in which this fatal error is not found; fatal, because it virtually strikes out of the Gospel its fundamental truth, that GOD IS LOVE. The terms are equivalent. They can be interchanged. God is not anger though He can be angry, God is not vengeance though He does avenge. These are attributes, love is essence. Therefore, God is unchangeably love. Therefore, in judgment He is love, in wrath He is love, in vengeance He is love-" love first, and last, and midst, and without end.” -Christ Triumphant-

Old 05-21-2018, 04:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
F.J. you must wake up!

Greek scholar William Barclay wrote concerning kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement) in Matthew 25:46
I see. You are a temporary tormentor. I have already dug this hole, and it reeked of false teachings. Also, even on this thread that claim has been thoroughly debunked by other posters. No point in going over it again. Besides, it seems you copy/pasted a post from that very exchange, which can only mean you already saw the arguments.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I see. I have already dug this hole, and it reeked of false teachings. .
Stop digging holes F.J. I am so sorry Dr. Wm. Barclay reeks of false teaching.

Again: follow the bouncing ball

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends."

Ta pante= the all.

Unfortunately for you, Dr Barclay is dead on, as is the following...

"What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath–prepared for destruction." Romans 9:22

Fitted=katartivzw

Katartivzw=

To render or to fit.

To make sound or complete.

To mend what has been broken or rent.

To repair what has been broken or rent.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Ignore everything being said and defend the false belief that Jesus saved you from eternal torment without actually coming out clean and saying that is what you believe. This to me is classic example if there ever was of the man loves darkness more than light, that you will not be reasonably minded enough to consider not only what is being said to you, but denying your scheming ways which all can see without even trying to.
Pcamps I am only "a temporary tormentor" so I will yield the position to a full time tormentor. Would it be possible to be an understudy? I want to graduate to full time.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Pcamps I am only "a temporary tormentor" so I will yield the position to a full time tormentor. Would it be possible to be an understudy? I want to graduate to full time.
I think you are doing a good job of tormenting those who believe in eternal torment by telling them all "For even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive"(By the way, what a wonderful verse of scripture, if that is not good news i don't know what is).

Old 05-21-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think you are doing a good job of tormenting those who believe in eternal torment by telling them all "For even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive"(By the way, what a wonderful verse of scripture, if that is not good news i don't know what is).
I find it hard to grasp that the Saviour of all mankind instructs His disciples to gather up pieces of fish and morsels of bread "that nothing be lost", but the souls of those for whom He propitiated are not only lost, but tormented for endless ages!

"I believe implicitly in the ultimate and complete triumph of God, the time when all things will be subject to him, and when God will be everything to everyone. For me this has certain consequences. If one man remains outside the love of God at the end of time, it means that that one man has defeated the love of God - and that is impossible." -Dr.William Barclay-

Old 05-21-2018, 05:50 PM

All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again

Old 05-21-2018, 06:19 PM

The first message preached after the outpouring of the Holy Guest, did not have a hint of eternal torment in it, not a sausage.

Jesus is baptized by John, the Holy Guest descends upon him he then goes into the wilderness, he then goes to Nazareth and opens the book of the prophet Isaiah and finds the place what is written about him which explains why he's anointed and not a sniff of eternal torment in there.

You have to be stiff necked not to see there is something wrong with a good news message that includes the threat of eternal hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity