Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 04:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

[quote=golgi1;51961451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

It's not an "adulterated version of the Tanakh". Its a completely new book.

I admit that its esoteric. But so is all religion and myth. The issue for most people, like yourself, is that you are unclear in regard to the meaning. I understand.

Oh.

The "meaning!" Of course!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 04:54 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Oh.

The "meaning!" Of course!
I was attempting to be civil. Why are you posting badly formatted gifs of eating popcorn as a response? Aren't you the one in this conversation with me, and not watching it while eating popcorn?

Yes, religion has meaning. I'm okay with you, specifically, being nonplussed.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I was attempting to be civil. Why are you posting badly formatted gifs of eating popcorn as a response? Aren't you the one in this conversation with me, and not watching it while eating popcorn?

Yes, religion has meaning. I'm okay with you, specifically, being nonplussed.

Thank you for being okay with me. You're very kind.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:53 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,291 times
Quote:
While the OP's question risks a long mess of a theological debate, the easiest answer to his precise question would be: no, Christ was not created.

That is, he is not a creature of god. Which, after thought, should be obvious to Christians who believe him to be God. By definition, a creature (object of creation) cannot be God.

Christ was not created as a reflection of God, as Adam was. Adam was a creature of God's creation. Instead, Christ is God's literal son.

It is only a debate because the majority who post here are non Christian. The use “Christian” as a tag word to spread their philosophy, many of which is probably demonic in origin.

Last edited by SumTingy; 05-21-2018 at 06:29 PM..

Old 05-21-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
It is onl a debate because the majority who post here are non Christian. The use “Christian” as a tag word to spread their philosophy, many of which is probably demonic in origin.
It's against the TOS to call anyone who self-describes as Christian, a non-Christian. It's not your call to make.

You could accurately refer to me as one. But then you'd have to be brave enough to read my posts.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:54 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
While the OP's question risks a long mess of a theological debate, the easiest answer to his precise question would be: no, Christ was not created.

That is, he is not a creature of god. Which, after thought, should be obvious to Christians who believe him to be God. By definition, a creature (object of creation) cannot be God.

Christ was not created as a reflection of God, as Adam was. Adam was a creature of God's creation. Instead, Christ is God's literal son.
If he is a literal son, and I agree, then he is not God, but only God's son and not equal nor has he existed as long as his father, God.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:55 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
I find Adam was a literal creature (aka person) of God's creation on Earth and was God's son as per Luke 3:38 B.
Jesus was the beginning of the creation by God in Heaven as per Revelation 3:14 B
In other words, only pre-human Jesus was God's only-begotten Son who God sent to Earth for us.
Since God had No beginning as per Psalm 90:2, then the created heavenly Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning - Colossians 1:15. The resurrected Jesus recognizes his God as Creator at Revelation 4:11.
If Jesus was immortal ( as God is ) then there would be No way that Jesus could be a corresponding ransom for us.
The immortal could Not be put to death. Jesus was put to death and stayed dead until his God resurrected the dead Jesus.
Adam proved unfaithful in what is least, Jesus proved faithful in what is much.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:09 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find Adam was a literal creature (aka person) of God's creation on Earth and was God's son as per Luke 3:38 B.
Jesus was the beginning of the creation by God in Heaven as per Revelation 3:14 B
In other words, only pre-human Jesus was God's only-begotten Son who God sent to Earth for us.
Since God had No beginning as per Psalm 90:2, then the created heavenly Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning - Colossians 1:15. The resurrected Jesus recognizes his God as Creator at Revelation 4:11.
If Jesus was immortal ( as God is ) then there would be No way that Jesus could be a corresponding ransom for us.
The immortal could Not be put to death. Jesus was put to death and stayed dead until his God resurrected the dead Jesus.
Adam proved unfaithful in what is least, Jesus proved faithful in what is much.
All of man’s sins was placed on Jesus before His death on the cross.

It doesn’t matter what you think you have right. To deny Jesus is to deny God. And the Scriptures are very clear what happens to your eternal soul when you reject God.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Thank you for being okay with me. You're very kind.
Note the difference between being okay with you, and being okay with you not participating in something that I do.

Last edited by golgi1; 05-21-2018 at 11:17 PM..

Old 05-21-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
There is only one Christ. There are not fundamentally differing Christs.

Quote:
Since God had No beginning as per Psalm 90:2, then the created heavenly Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning
Remember, three in one.

Quote:
- Colossians 1:15. The resurrected Jesus recognizes his God as Creator at Revelation 4:11.
Pedantic analysis , which will be both theoretically and applicably wrong, will not help your faith and it simply won't apply to anyone's religion.

Quote:
There is a deeper message and theology at play that you are not getting, with all due respect.

To illustrate, your argument reflects that of the Pharisees. They also failed to grasp the concept, or perhaps simply rejected it (likely in my opinion). Christ was also a man, and thus could be put to death. Christ the God and the Father are one, and thus the God who raised him from the dead is the same as Christ himself.

Last edited by golgi1; 05-21-2018 at 11:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity